Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 11JZ111 Projekt..drift sled

My Cars
    '95 318ti, '97 11JZ111
    video of mbdrift season opener practice event 1/23/11
    i'm in there a few times chicken winging myself to yank the handbrake, and then just flooring the piss outta 2nd gear in the m44.

2nd event in the car and i cant wait for more (power)
    http://player.vimeo.com/video/19420266
    new projekt 11JZ111...
    For sale???? say it aint so....

My Cars
    1985 BMW 535i
    Dude, I've said this since the first time I saw you drive a few years ago (this was 08 so you had already been drifting for a while but it was my first time actually seeing you live) you are one HELL of a driver! Fearless to the point where it almost seems insane.

My Cars
    e34 528i/5
    You were giving it hell for sure.lol. That hit looked worse from the damage on the S13 than what the bimmer took.

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    ^ steel fender vs. fiberglass

FRP bumpers and side skirts blow up into a million pieces, Thats what fiberglass body kits are for.

My Cars
    e34 528i/5
    I know, but it just looks so bad compared.

My Cars
    2010 bmw m3 coupe
    great video

My Cars
    '95 318ti, '97 11JZ111
    thanks guys.. the hit wasnt bad for my car at all..i was watching from the sidelines fixing a friends radiator when my buddy was driving the z and got tangled up. my oem tow hook in the front just destroyed the front end of the fiberglass s13. i had a scratch or two..lol i even got my darth vader happy meal tow hook guy back.. it got stuck in the s13 then fell out when he was doing donuts after the hit. back in place now.. tough little bitch for a cheap kids toy..lol

dadams.. thanks man. i think i have driven with you before at turner field right? when i had the gs?
    new projekt 11JZ111...

My Cars
    1985 BMW 535i
    Damn that was so long ago, I'm not sure, I want to say we were supposed to go but never got to. I missed out big time and I hope to get the E28 out there to MB so I can slide with you. Have you seen that thing yet? I was thinking about making an "intro" thread, but that sounds a lot like work, LOL!

As far as the thanks, no problemo man, you really do kill it out there and have always done so. It really is humbling to see someone go out there and do that well in a slushbox . . .I can't wait to see what this car gets done when you've put a touch of "EPIK" on it.

My Cars
    95 325I
    Holy crap, Please put some kind of roll bar in this thing
    ( originally posted by PROTOMOR )
    "It's like telling your child it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. It's ok if you do it, but you really shouldn't. And by doing it in front of your child, you are telling them it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. "

My Cars
    1985 BMW 535i
    Rollbar?

He don't need no steenkin roll bar!

LOL! ^_^

My Cars
    WOW, I can't believe that they were letting You run in pairs with no cage. Someone is going to get really hurt or killed.

Quote Originally Posted by David Adams View Post
    Rollbar?

He don't need no steenkin roll bar!

LOL! ^_^
    NOT funny. When the car rolls... then what?

Just scrape Your buddy up off the pavement?

Hate to say that, but its the reality of the situation.

OP - not to shabby for a 1.9L. keep it up.
    Last edited by FastrTHNu; 02-02-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "If you can leave black marks from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." --Mark Donohue

My Cars
    '95 318ti, '97 11JZ111
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakDancer View Post
    Holy crap, Please put some kind of roll bar in this thing
    coming very soon.. i think you PM'd me about the cage i had for sale out of my 318i. i was trying to re-use the main hoop in the z3, but no dice that is why the old cage is still for sale.

i almost have the z3 cage planned out and work should start on it soon. 1.75" .120" DOM for the main hoop and rear legs, 1.50" .120" for the rest..side bars..braces, diagonals..etc

Quote Originally Posted by FastrTHNu View Post
    WOW, I can't believe that they were letting You run in pairs with no cage. Someone is going to get really hurt or killed.

NOT funny. When the car rolls... then what?

Just scrape Your buddy up off the pavement?

Hate to say that, but its the reality of the situation.

OP - not to shabby for a 1.9L. keep it up.
    thanks for the compliment, and we have been running in this manner for 5 years this April. 100% safety record.
    Last edited by projekt EPiK; 02-02-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    new projekt 11JZ111...

My Cars
    95 325is.
    i just saw the video pretty nice for a 4 banger, what diff are you running?.

My Cars
    1985 BMW 535i
    To Faster Than You . . .I'm not here to get into an e-pissing battle about what's right and wrong about drifting, I've seen verts run sideways with no bar, safely and I've seen verts tandem with no bar safely. These guys know what they're doing and the event coordinators know who they allow to tandem, there's always a risk but it is what it is. If they're having fun, let em run.

I've been in 3 car tandems, no cage, not in a vert, but it's just knowing your drivers and knowing yourself.

My Cars
    1985 BMW 535i
    Fail . . .double post . . .
    Last edited by David Adams; 02-03-2011 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Double post FAIL

My Cars
    '95 318ti, '97 11JZ111
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisanda View Post
    i just saw the video pretty nice for a 4 banger, what diff are you running?.
    stock open 3.45 diff

These guys know what they're doing and the event coordinators know who they allow to tandem, there's always a risk but it is what it is. If they're having fun, let em run.

I've been in 3 car tandems, no cage, not in a vert, but it's just knowing your drivers and knowing yourself.
    this is part of the whole myrtle beach drifting experience. there is no voodoo to drifting on course with another car. it is strictly a monetary issue as in insurance policy. we are fortunate enough to have the track coverage for insurance and basically have a laid back nearly anything goes policy at our events.

new participants at MBDrift events that have traveled around to other venues always comment about the friendly almost family like attitude we have here, and how quickly they were able to advance with the seat time we provide. tandem drifting is permitted and we have had up to a 6 car drift parade with experienced drifters at more than one point.

search youtube for mbdrift or driftmb and you will find probably over 100 videos taken at our venue over the last 5 yrs.

and we stand on 100% safety..despite the fact that the course is surrounded by walls.. concrete on one side and guard rail on the other. Proper course design means that you are never in the line of travel to meet with the wall head on if you are doing it right.

sorry for the lack of caps..etc..posting from my phone so im limited
    Last edited by projekt EPiK; 02-02-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    new projekt 11JZ111...

My Cars
    '95 318ti, '97 11JZ111
    well i'm about 99% sure that at the next event on the 27th i'll be rocking almost twice as much steering angle as the last event.

sold some stuff and was torn between buying a trans for the 2jz swap (still needing bellhousing/clutch/flywheel..etc)
    or buying a baller set of 18" leon hardiritt rims, but needing adaptors to make them work.. ditto for a hot set of varrstoen 2.2.2 18" in bronze..

or buying chelsea's extreme angle kit that he threw up in this section last week. i figure the other stuff is just going to either sit there for a while waiting on more money/parts.. but the angle kit i can use regardless of the engine that is on the car. and i already have almost 20 wheels !!

angle kit it is.. prob is.. he's out of town and the kit is still on the m3 in tx.
    new projekt 11JZ111...

My Cars
    1985 BMW 535i
    I wonder how I can get more angle on the E28 . . .you must share your secrets . . .I don't think it's possible since my car has a steering box though

My Cars
    06 Impreza Wagon
    I wonder how I can get more angle on the E28 . . .you must share your secrets . . .I don't think it's possible since my car has a steering box though

steering box makes it easy, you can change the length of the pitman arm to add or decrease steering angle.

My Cars
    1985 BMW 535i
    Hmmmm . . .interesting . .I may need to look into that . . .so a longer pitman arm, will yield greater steering angle? I'm guessing here . . .

I won't jack this thread, I'll shoot you an IM or PM about it.

My Cars
    95 325I
    To Faster Than You . . .I'm not here to get into an e-pissing battle about what's right and wrong about drifting, I've seen verts run sideways with no bar, safely and I've seen verts tandem with no bar safely. These guys know what they're doing and the event coordinators know who they allow to tandem, there's always a risk but it is what it is. If they're having fun, let em run.

This is the exact reason why drifting gets little respect from most people. when sh!t goes bad it happens in a flash. Are you actully suggesting that these drivers are so good they could never crash in a post with a video of a crash? If that car were to tip at even an extremly slow speed the driver will DIE. He is locked in with a harness with no possible chance of being thrown.
    ( originally posted by PROTOMOR )
    "It's like telling your child it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. It's ok if you do it, but you really shouldn't. And by doing it in front of your child, you are telling them it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. "

My Cars

Im not here to start a e-pissing match either.

Im just living in reality.

Just 'cause You've seen a vert sideways, tandem, with no bar... dosen't mean its not a bad idea.

Again, I am NOT trying to be a dlck, start an e-pissing match ,etc, etc... Just stating the obvious.

At least Your learning on a closed course.

EDIT: +1 to what break dancer said.
    Last edited by FastrTHNu; 02-07-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "If you can leave black marks from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." --Mark Donohue

My Cars
    1985 BMW 535i
    I respect all opinions of drifting, and hope that we can all continue to enjoy this sport together not only as fellow drivers but as fellow BMW enthusiasts as well.

I mean no harm by what I say and I realize that sometimes I come across as combative or argumentative and I do apologize if I seemed that way.

I still think you guys rock!

My Cars
    '95 318ti, '97 11JZ111
    anything can and will happen at anytime, that is a fact of life. typically i would not have drifted the car before completion of the cage, but i needed to slide and was not going to NOT participate in the event that i manage.

now before anybody else preaches, yes we have a 100% safety record for going on 5 years. Not a single injury. I'm not out to tarnish that record and with all hopes will have at least the hoop and rear legs of the cage built by the next event on feb 27th.

now..back on topic. hopefully Chelsea's buddy back in tx will get the angle kit pulled off the m3 tomorrow and it will be on the way to me. woohoo!
    new projekt 11JZ111...

My Cars
    1985 BMW 535i
    I can't wait to get my truck, we have to get some side-by-side action with the Bimmers.

What's the DriftMB schedule like for this year? Maybe we can arrange it so we're both at one of the events.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast