Thread: Soft top cleaning supplies?

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328vert

Soft top cleaning supplies?

What supplies are you guys/ladies using to clean your soft top. Trying to figure what products that I need to improve the overall longevity of my convertible top.

Help a Brutha out
    "Help uh Brutha out!"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My Cars
    1995 318i convertible
    Search the forum for "clean convertible top" and you'll find a lot of suggestions.

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i
    I would never use anything but a drop or two of mild liquid soap to wash the top. Then flush flush flush the top, pat dry with a towel unless the sun will do that for you then treat with UV and water repelling products like Raggtop or 303 for cloth. BMW sells their own products which are good and expensive but I have not seen many products better than Raggtop.

My Cars
    97 //M3/4/5 & 99 //M3/C
    West marine sells 303 convertible top cleaner and fabric guard. That's the only retail store I've found that sells anything you'd want to use on your top.

My Cars
    1999 323i Vert
    In my experience, 303 has been the best product so far.

My Cars
    E36, F10, W205
    As far as cleaning goes, gentler is better. I always wash the whole car by hand, and I usually skip soaping the soft top - I just rinse it off really well and spot-clean parts that need it. This helps keep it lint-free too. I just let it drip/air dry. It actually dries out pretty quickly on its own.

Any treatment for outdoor fabrics is better than nothing, but RaggTopp is the best.

UV is a killer on the plastic window. I try to park the car in the shade whenever possible, especially if the car will be sitting (at work, at home during the day)

My Cars
    '93 850ci
    Agree with gentle hand washing with mild soap, rinse and let air dry. When I had my 'vert, I found RaggTopp to work very well for treating the fabric top also. Jeez, I really miss that car, even though it's barely 30 degrees out and we've got a gazillion feet of snow on the ground.

My Cars
    1990 e30 Vert, 2009 Pcar
    RaggTop products are very good. I also agree and am very careful when I wash the top. Air dry is the best as when I tried with a towel it got linted up. Just took mine for a spin as it hadn't been driven in two weeks due to the weather. Trying to dodge all the water from the melting snow.

My Cars
    97 328ic, 06 g35 6mt
    303, it works