Thread: Leaking Windshield Washer Reservoir

My Cars
    2007 530xi

Leaking Windshield Washer Reservoir

My wife's 2007 530xi has developed a leak in in or near the windshield washer reservoir. Can't see it for all the stuff surrounding it. Thje dealer replaced a seal, but it leaks worse now. Anyone have a similar problem?
    I know it's the washer fluid because I filled it and watched the level drop and inch in one hour. I don't know why the service guy didn't see a leak after he replaced the seal.

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Met a guy at the dealership yesterday who had a similar issue with an 4 year old X5 he bought used. The dealer replaced the reservoir but the leak was still there. He was there for a second time and this time they told him that the whole plumbing (the hose) connecting to the rear windshield nozzle was leaking and needed replacement. They quoted him $1600 to replace (ouch!) since quite a bit of the inside needs to be stripped to replace the hose.
    As it pertains to you, I guess I am suggesting it could be the hoses connecting to the front windshield nozzles or to the headlight washers (which I assume are standard on the xi). Good luck.
    Last edited by mryakan; 01-06-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    2007 530xi
    Thank you. Thank goodness the car is still under warranty.

My Cars
    '93 E30, '01 E46 Mtec I
    If it's under warranty, then just take it in.

Sounds to me like the tech got lazy, and assumed that it was the pump seal.

It is going to either be your hose, or it could be the level seal, too. Or might even be that the level sensor dislodged when they reinstalled. Either way, it's covered, so take it in.
    IF MY CAPS OFFEND YOU, BLOCK ME.
    AND IF YOU NOTICE THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD CAP'ED...... IT'S DONE AUTOMATICALLY BY THE FORUM BECAUSE I TYPE IN ALL CAPS.BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS DO THIS, LIKE WHEN I QUOTE OTHER POSTS.AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, REFER TO FIRST SENTENCE IN MY SIG.