Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stop and recommend a shop!

My Cars
    08 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by L8Braker View Post
    Recently purchased a 2001 330i, trying to decide on a shop in the Greensboro, NC area I want to use in the future.
    I've already had my car to the shop to diagnose why my remote locking isn't working and that particular shop ended up charging me close to $40 to tell me my keys were the problem. Recently sent my key to a forum member to have it repaired only to find out the key was fine, so my confidence in this one shop has dropped already. I'll list the three shops I'm considering including the one I've been too already . Anyone in the Greensboro (Piedmont Triad area) got a preference?

Eurobahn
    Carr Industries
    Korman Autoworks

Thanks
    I took my car to Eurobahn for a driveshaft replacement once and they seemed pretty good. They drove me to work and picked me up when it was done. I haven't had any issues since, it was a pretty straight forward repair though.

I've always heard good things about Korman, I've never been to them though.

Mind shooting me a PM with the shop that incorrectly diagnosed the key?

My Cars
    Bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by L8Braker View Post
    Recently purchased a 2001 330i, trying to decide on a shop in the Greensboro, NC area I want to use in the future. I've already had my car to the shop to diagnose why my remote locking isn't working and that particular shop ended up charging me close to $40 to tell me my keys were the problem. Recently sent my key to a forum member to have it repaired only to find out the key was fine, so my confidence in this one shop has dropped already. I'll list the three shops I'm considering including the one I've been too already . Anyone in the Greensboro (Piedmont Triad area) got a preference? Eurobahn Carr Industries Korman Autoworks Thanks
    I would first go to Carr Industries, then Carmine Imports in Kernersville or Motorsport Connection in Winston Salem. All 3 will treat you well and with respect.
    Life is like a car wash and I'm on a bicycle.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniXP View Post
    I took my car to Eurobahn for a driveshaft replacement once and they seemed pretty good. They drove me to work and picked me up when it was done. I haven't had any issues since, it was a pretty straight forward repair though.

I've always heard good things about Korman, I've never been to them though.

Mind shooting me a PM with the shop that incorrectly diagnosed the key?
    PM sent....I think.

My Cars
    '03 330i ZHP
    Wanted to stop in and say thanks to all that posted recommendations. Helped me find a shop quickly after moving to Raleigh.

I'm hoping folks won't mind posting some recommendations for body shops in the Raleigh area (I'm in Fuquay) as I've got some paint peeling on my front bumper cover and would like to get it resprayed.

My Cars
    2010 BMW 335i_Sprt Pkg
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownE30 View Post
    Wanted to stop in and say thanks to all that posted recommendations. Helped me find a shop quickly after moving to Raleigh.

I'm hoping folks won't mind posting some recommendations for body shops in the Raleigh area (I'm in Fuquay) as I've got some paint peeling on my front bumper cover and would like to get it resprayed.

hey man i tried to reply to your PM but your inbox is full
    email me at gains2go@gmail.com

subject spacers

i have the spacers you want and will do the price you said

My Cars
    328is, E90, E70 :(, E46T
    Any good shops in the Boone / Blowing Rock area? Need an alternator replaced on an E46.
    "Sell the damn thing quickly, Leedham, before somebody mistakes you for a commoner."

My Cars
    1987 BMW 325is
    phillips on Two Notch road across from Richlad county DSS or Brown Motor Works on Broad River both quite reasonable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twincasle View Post
    Any suggestions for columbia??
    phillips auto works across from Richland county DSS or Brown Motor Works on Broad River Rd. both quite reasonable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedotmil View Post
    Anyone use Brown Motorworks in Columbia? They have two shops here so im thinking that since they are family owned and have more than one shop they should be okay. Im gonna need an oil change and don't want to get raped at the stealership.
    hey Top heard the B.M.W. on Broad River is quite reasonable OR Phillips on Two Notch Rd. also

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedotmil View Post
    Anyone use Brown Motorworks in Columbia? They have two shops here so im thinking that since they are family owned and have more than one shop they should be okay. Im gonna need an oil change and don't want to get raped at the stealership.
    Hey Top heard that both B.M.W. on Broad River & Phillips on Two Notch across from richland county DSS are both reasonable

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by 90E30Max View Post
    For Anyone in the Lake Wylie/Rockhill area, Excellent service and very reasonable prices.

Lake Wylie Euro
    4011 Hands Mill Highway
    York, South Carolina 29745

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lake-...52929298201586
    Lake Wylie Euro is awesome! They are the only place I trust with fixing my Bimmer. And Nick knows his stuff.

My Cars
    '98 E36 M3/4/5
    I highly recommend The Car Place in Raleigh, NC.

My Dad has been taking his various BMWs to Pat Dolan since the late '80s when he had a grey market E24 M6. About 20 years ago Pat opened up The Car Place with Ronnie King, and they've been doing great work ever since. Back when I was in high school I worked there for a couple of summers helping around the shop, so I've seen first hand that they do honest work.
    They'll never try to sell you something you don't need and are really nice people.

http://www.thecarplacenc.com/
    (919) 948-3443

4813 Hargrove Rd.
    Raleigh, NC 27616

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330i
    I wholeheartedly agree with Northcack. I've been using the Digital Chassis for well over 10 years and can attest to the quality of Brad's work. He is expensive but your issue will be correctly diagnosed and fixed right the first time plus he stands behind his work. And yes, he is in such demand that he is almost impossible to reach by phone so stop by his shop.

My Cars
    1987 325e, 1989 325i
    Seems like a shot in the dark here, but all the same.....

Greenwood, SC BMW mechanic/tech? I haven't found anything, looks like a minimum of a 50mile drive to the nearest garage in Anderson.

any suggestions at all are appreciated. I'm 50-70 miles away from Anderson, Greenville, and Columbia.

My Cars
    2003 325ci & 2001 530i
    I can say CMD Automotive is excellent. Super knowledgeable, super friendly, reasonable pricing and quick turn around. I also like how the owners are working partners, not absentee. They now have our E39 and E46 business. Appreciate the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackjunkiE30 View Post
    Charlotte

I have been to some of the Charlotte shops previously mentioned and some aren't too bad. With that being said, the only place I take the race car as well as my personal vehicles to is CMD Automotive on Griffith in Southend Charlotte. Reason being:
    1) One of the owners used to be a BMW tech with the other being a former Cup Car tech.
    2) Honesty.
    3) Reasonable prices.
    4) High quality work.

www.cmdautorepair.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234