Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to use WinKFP to update an ECU.

My Cars
    e46 320d Aut.
    someone can help me.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330da
    Quote Originally Posted by dodo34 View Post
    I have installed inpa 90 and updatet the SP-Daten.

But i get this error.

can anybody help me.
    Is this resolved by now....?
    Last edited by expertti; 03-16-2012 at 02:29 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    If you have WinKFP coapiKfInit errors, this is what you do-

Look for code 4206 - this tells you where the error is.
    This will tell you the file and the line that has a problem, in this case

Code:
    ;Zusbauvorschrift fr NP Kaltstart M50TUE
    ;mit Logistik MS40.0 May & Christie
    ;Erstellt mit NAP100.PRG V1.00/16.9.94
    Open the file in notepad (and also make sure Format>word wrap is OFF!)
    so you delete line 2 so it looks like this

Code:
    ;Zusbauvorschrift fr NP Kaltstart M50TUE
    ;Erstellt mit NAP100.PRG V1.00/16.9.94
    Shut it down and restart, and you will probably see another error in SGIDC.AS2 at line 95

Again, open in notepad, and scroll down and you'll see line 95 is about half a mile wide!
    Delete this line completely and close the space so there isn't a blank line.

Shut down WinKFP and restart.

You then might get ANOTHER error!
    This time in historie.bsu
    All I do for these is delete historie.bsu completely, or you can change the name, I first did this by changing the name to historie.bsuX and the error is gone.

Shut down, restart, and you should have no problems.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    2005 328i e46
    hi gene

is it possible to use the opps with winkfp? i dont seem to be seeing the vehicle in the software and i dont know which connection profile to use

sorry about stupid questions!!

My Cars
    2010 323i
    I read my E90 GM transmission ZBnr 7169001 from INPA, and I open WINKFP and key in ZBnr/full VIN by comfort mode. After first 100% progress finished, the error msg shows error 211. and then it can't switching programming mode and the tranmission lock on Park. Really appreciated if someone can give me some advise.

My Cars
    2003 M5, E93 335i/6
    If you update an ECU with WinKFP, do you loose its coded settings? For example, the dashboard in an E90.

I have updated my E46 DME in the past with no problem, but have never programmed a code-able ecu.

My Cars
    2002 325Ci
    hello guys,
    iŽve been playing a lot with WinKFP but never got behind the secrets of that program.

what i know is possible:

- changing software but fool Inpa to read out different software, hardware and zusammenbaunummer
    - fool the countdown to NOT count the available numbers of flashes

anyone know how to do that?
    Last edited by Leinad78; 07-19-2012 at 01:15 AM.

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Leinad78
    hello guys,
    iŽve been playing a lot with WinKFP but never got behind the secrets of that program.

what i know is possible:

- changing software but fool Inpa to read out different software, hardware and zusammenbaunummer
    - fool the countdown to NOT count the available numbers of flashes

anyone know how to do that?
    See rondo's response here for unlimited flashes

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1861148

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    This should give you the general idea on what Rondo is talking about:-

WinKFP Options.pdf

My Cars
    2002 325Ci
    nice one

does this also work in case i flash different software version and it will show the old one in inpa?

My Cars
    E60
    Hello guys,

I have an E60 2004 model with CCC and have added ONLY the CIC i-drive controller. I was told that i need to update the Cgate of the CCC through WINFKP using a K + Dcan cable interface. I don't know much about programming so if there is someone who can help me out programming it, i would be really grateful.

Best regards
    Dimitris

My Cars
    bmw 320d
    Hello guys, today i've tried to update my ecu using a KKL cable and Progman SSS...the update failed, with reason : Ecu not responded ..but with the same cable i programed several functions.
    After that, i've tried with WINFKP and when i click : program update i wait several seconds and i get error:
    Error 606: Diagnosis: Error on reading ecu programming status
    COAPI entries:
    2020 PABD ECU does not answer ERROR_SJ_REJECTED
    2020 Error Ecu does not answer SG_STATUS_LESEN
    The car doesnt start anymore..Whan can I do ? Tomorror i`ll get an MPPS cable..do i have any changes with it?
    Thank you

My Cars
    2006 E61 530D
    hmm im trying to update my lci ihka panel which has zusb #9177717, but cannot find that zusb anywhere from winkfp. Datens updated to 50.2 using bmw coding app. it says okay on the module list which i got from inpa functional jobs... anyone can give a hint if im doing everything wrong or just some . i followed the winkfp guide from this forum, comfort mode etc etc...

My Cars
    BMW 330d e91
    Quote Originally Posted by juicewashere View Post
    Hello guys, today i've tried to update my ecu using a KKL cable and Progman SSS...the update failed, with reason : Ecu not responded ..but with the same cable i programed several functions.
    After that, i've tried with WINFKP and when i click : program update i wait several seconds and i get error:
    Error 606: Diagnosis: Error on reading ecu programming status
    COAPI entries:
    2020 PABD ECU does not answer ERROR_SJ_REJECTED
    2020 Error Ecu does not answer SG_STATUS_LESEN
    The car doesnt start anymore..Whan can I do ? Tomorror i`ll get an MPPS cable..do i have any changes with it?
    Thank you
    What ECU did you try to flash? CAS, DDE?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky081279 View Post
    Hello guys,

I have an E60 2004 model with CCC and have added ONLY the CIC i-drive controller. I was told that i need to update the Cgate of the CCC through WINFKP using a K + Dcan cable interface. I don't know much about programming so if there is someone who can help me out programming it, i would be really grateful.

Best regards
    Dimitris
    You can do it using WINKFP just import CGATE files from full sp-daten for E60.
    It is not too safe to do programming without an ICOM.

My Cars
    2005 Mini Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by alexs3d2 View Post
    You may have to use Tool32 to do that. In Tool32 you load the ECU file which corresponds to the module you want to communicate with. Then you will have to browse to the corresponding function and give the VIN as an argument.

Hint: The VIN is usually referred to as FA from "Fahrgestellnummer" in german.

Hey there, I saw this and actually tried on my '05 Mini Cooper S(r53) and its my understanding in Tool32 the job needed is c_fg_schreiben, but that isn't an option in my case. So I basically forgot about it and now Im try to get WinKFP going, but ZUSB options are empty. I've imported everything except the assembly line data because my daten folder doesn't have a "data" folder.

My KOMBI was replaced with a used one resulting in an airbag and seatbelt light(no faults) which Im trying to clear. Just as some insight.

So, if anyone has a suggestion Id greatly appreciate it.

My Cars
    525d E39
    I know this is a very old topic but it's perfect for my question.
    Does anybody got the right .0da file that is with this ZB no.: 7802354

I'm also looking for the correct .0da file for:
    E90 - MT - 90kw - without DPF

I thought it would be in SP Daten V50.2 but I don't have them :s.

My Cars
    2006 BMW e90
    Hello all, Please, I have a question for you , how can I find out a module class specification ? What I mean is : I have an E90 from 09.2006, I can read ZG_Number for CAS from INPA, but I don't find it in WINKFP in CAS 260 or CAS 3 class.How can I know from witch class it is? I want to update CAS with WinKFP after stering wheel error, but I don't know what exactly to update.I tried in WinKFP on enter Z_Sub to enter number read from INPA, but WinKFP said it can not be found.So? Give me an idea please for this problem.I want to update from V32-33 (I don't know exactly) to 52.0Thank you.

My Cars
    BMW E39 Touring 520i
    Hello i want to replace my Airbag ECU with the Ident 6900727 V3.0. After replacment i want to write the codedata which i read before. My answer: Do i need to write the vin via Winkfp? If yes which ECU Family and which Zusb Numer do i need to select. I didn't work with this programm? thanks very much regards

My Cars
    M10
    Quote Originally Posted by calio73 View Post
    Hello i want to replace my Airbag ECU with the Ident 6900727 V3.0. After replacment i want to write the codedata which i read before. My answer: Do i need to write the vin via Winkfp? If yes which ECU Family and which Zusb Numer do i need to select. I didn't work with this programm? thanks very much regards
    According par # you provided it's MRS3 airbag ECU which isn't programable. I can't remember about VIN but if needed It can be changed using NCS or TOOL32.

My Cars
    '05 E53 4.4i
    Hello all. I've been reading through this thread and have to thank you all for such great information. I am having some trouble figuring out how to update the EGS in my E53. It appears as though WinKFP is unable to see it. When I enter the ZB, it tells me its not found in the Assembly Line. I am using the newest Daten files. I updated the VTG module but, though it resolved the issue I was having with the vehicle, it caused my warning lights on the dash to come on. I have since used DISv44 to recode the module. So I am back to square one. I know i'm missing a piece of the puzzle somewhere. Just can't figure out what i'm not seeing. Thank you very much.

My Cars
    M10
    Your current zb can be too old. Your way is to use update ZUSB button.

My Cars
    '05 E53 4.4i
    Quote Originally Posted by wyccka View Post
    Your current zb can be too old. Your way is to use update ZUSB button.
    That's just it wyccka, I don't see any EGS module in WinKFP. I went through the E53 ECU files last night and didn't see anything for the EGS module. I did however see DME/EGS when I was doing some work in DIS. I am wondering if that is the route I will have to take in order to get the transmission software updated (EGS)??? I am starting to feel defeated and am dreading having to take the car in to the stealership for them to rob me of $300 to update the software. Another thing that has me curious is the type of cable I am using. It's a VAG COM KKL. Perhaps that's the reason all the modules aren't able to be accessed. I am currently looking in to a K + D-CAN cable. Maybe one of those will yield more favorable results??

My Cars
    M10
    I don't see any EGS module in WinKFP. I went through the E53 ECU files last night and didn't see anything for the EGS module.
    I did however see DME/EGS when I was doing some work in DIS. I am wondering if that is the route I will have to take in order to get the transmission software updated (EGS)???
    GD20, GD8602, etc.

I am starting to feel defeated and am dreading having to take the car in to the stealership for them to rob me of $300 to update the software.
    Its your choice.

Another thing that has me curious is the type of cable I am using. It's a VAG COM KKL. Perhaps that's the reason all the modules aren't able to be accessed. I am currently looking in to a K + D-CAN cable. Maybe one of those will yield more favorable results??
    KKL is ok, tried many times to update DME/DDE/EGS with this cable. No problem at all.

Read EGS with inpa or dis and find what is current your EGS zb #. Post results here.

My Cars
    '05 E53 4.4i
    Quote Originally Posted by wyccka View Post

KKL is ok, tried many times to update DME/DDE/EGS with this cable. No problem at all.

Read EGS with inpa or dis and find what is current your EGS zb #. Post results here.
    Thanks for your help. I'll get that info for you shortly.

Edit: Well, going to have to wait a little while longer seeing as how my cable has gone missing. I am praying one of my kids (specifically my five year old) didn't accidentally toss it or something.
    Last edited by sykocis; 01-12-2015 at 05:33 PM.

My Cars
    '05 E53 4.4i
    So, months later and I'm back. I haven't had the time to devote to figuring anything out until yesterday. So some odd things happened with INPA yesterday. It wouldn't read many of the modules for some reason. Got a ton of no response messages. I also tried Progman but, it kept complaining about not being able to get any vehicle info from ZCS. Puzzled, I figured I'd backup my vehicle with NCS Expert. That failed. VIN faulty error. My MAN file wasn't empty though so, I cleared it. Hopefully that fixes that VIN error so I can back my modules up before proceeding to the original task.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast