Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to use WinKFP to update an ECU.

My Cars
    2007 MINI Cooper S
    On my MINI R56, I could only update certain modules like the CAS, if the key was removed from the switch.

I learned through error: When I tried to update the module with the ignition on, the ECU blocked the transfer. However WinKFPT did its first clear to 100% before the error came (something like "ECU not in flash mode").

The car gave me another error: Steering wheel lock malfunction

Anw after lots of tries, I was able to reprogram the ECU with the ingition off and the key removed. The error remained on the dash, but I removed it by going into INPA and deleting the error memory of the CAS module. Removing the error from the whole list of modules DID NOT help.

Now the car is very fine. Wondering what to update next

My Cars
    Mini Cooper S
    CAS is only prgrammable when ignition is off and key is removed from the lock. When using SSS/ISSS you are ordered to do this also !

So, absolutly normal.

My Cars
    2007 MINI Cooper S
    Now I have a real problem: Apparently I run into the same trouble as NoQuarterX did: I tried updating the CCCA060 module and after about 7 hours it finally finished. But it then gave me two error messages:
    1. ERROR_ECU_SECURITY_ACCESS_DENIED__Security_Access_ Requested
    2. SIGNATURE (could not be chacked ro something similar).

I am wondering if the problem was the battery... It is possible that if the battery was below a threashold, the ECU might deny any changes to its status (Normal vs. Programming ??) and it stays into Programming.

Any ideas???

My Cars
    2008 535xi, 2011 Z4 35is
    Quote Originally Posted by alexs3d2 View Post

I am wondering if the problem was the battery... It is possible that if the battery was below a threashold, the ECU might deny any changes to its status (Normal vs. Programming ??) and it stays into Programming.

Any ideas???

I was on a fully charged battery with a constant voltage of 14.7 while programming. I have also disconnected my battery for over an hour and tried again with same result.

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Coupe
    Hi,

I'm trying to do this but in the ECU selection page (the fourth attached picture in the first post of this thread), there is nothing listed.

What am I doing wrong?

FOR RENT: Valve Shim Kit and Tool | RTAB tool
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1614411

My Cars
    2007 MINI Cooper S
    You probably did not copy the "SGDAT" folder from the original SP_DATEN to WinKFP's directory.

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Coupe
    You probably did not copy the "SGDAT" folder from the original SP_DATEN to WinKFP's directory.
    Where is this "SGDAT" folder and where in the WinKFP directory should I copy it to?

-------

Also, on a side note...

So I'm trying to update my ECU to the latest euro version (6MT built before 03/2005: 7837779) for my car. Is the new euro version (7837779) already a part of the INPA/NCSexpert/WinKFP package? I have WinKFP v.5.1.6.
    Last edited by kkamakasi; 04-12-2011 at 10:34 PM.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by kkamakasi View Post
    Where is this "SGDAT" folder and where in the WinKFP directory should I copy it to?

-------

Also, on a side note...

So I'm trying to update my ECU to the latest euro version (6MT built before 03/2005: 7837779) for my car. Is the new euro version (7837779) already a part of the INPA/NCSexpert/WinKFP package? I have WinKFP v.5.1.6.
    7837779 probably won't work with your car. There are two different revisions of the MSS54 floating around - one with a 1.5MB bootloader and another with a 1MB boot loader. I'm not sure what the cutoff date is, but so far all the guys with the 2002 m3s have the old bootloader. You should use 7837907.

So far here's what I found:
    Old bootloader
    6MT - 7837907
    SMG - 7837929

New bootloader
    EU3 6MT - 7837779
    EU4 6MT - 7837777
    EU3 SMG - 7837793
    EU4 SMG - 7837791

EU4 becoming the requirement is the only reason 03/2005 cars got new software. The eu3 software is more aggressive and will work with post 03/2005 M3s just fine

I've yet to figure out when the cutoff for the new bootloader is. I think it's 2003, but am not positive.

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Coupe
    Thanks for the reply Terra.

So do I have the necessary files already to do this update or do I need to download something else to make the update work?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by kkamakasi View Post
    Thanks for the reply Terra.

So do I have the necessary files already to do this update or do I need to download something else to make the update work?
    Everything you need will be in the progman and ista/p DVDs. I used the files from Ista/p v2.39 - the ZB numbers may be different if you use an older version like v32.

My Cars
    2009 year bmw x5 e70
    hello i have bmw x5 e70 2009 year . i need know how to change USA's radio frequensy to Europian radio frequensy. via Ncsexpert mode program. Thank you

My Cars
    2004 530i
    I am a newbie to this. I changed the airbag control module in 2004 530i with a used one and I am getting vin error. I am getting conflicting information on wether it can be recoded/flashed or not. Can someone shed some light on this.

My Cars
    2007 MINI Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by rganta View Post
    I am a newbie to this. I changed the airbag control module in 2004 530i with a used one and I am getting vin error. I am getting conflicting information on wether it can be recoded/flashed or not. Can someone shed some light on this.
    You may have to use Tool32 to do that. In Tool32 you load the ECU file which corresponds to the module you want to communicate with. Then you will have to browse to the corresponding function and give the VIN as an argument.

Hint: The VIN is usually referred to as FA from "Fahrgestellnummer" in german.

My Cars
    2004 BMW E60 530D
    Some one who update the ccc, is it normal that when it 100%, new drive menu is up but WinKFP didn't say tha ecu is updated and after 5 minutes it start again(whiteout asking confirm) from 1% and on the screen BMW logo appear again?
    May it be on loop? Have i to close communication when it 100% and idrive is on?
    Thank you very much?

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvano View Post
    Some one who update the ccc, is it normal that when it 100%, new drive menu is up but WinKFP didn't say tha ecu is updated and after 5 minutes it start again(whiteout asking confirm) from 1% and on the screen BMW logo appear again?
    May it be on loop? Have i to close communication when it 100% and idrive is on?
    Thank you very much?
    No, it`s not finished, you must leave it untill WinKFP confirms sucsesfull programming., It can take as long as 10 hours over the OBD.

My Cars
    2004 BMW E60 530D
    Quote Originally Posted by BLooD30 View Post
    No, it`s not finished, you must leave it untill WinKFP confirms sucsesfull programming., It can take as long as 10 hours over the OBD.
    Thank you, i see you around a lot of forums
    I have stoped and now I'm without sound, so I'll try another day. Is that a problem if I use the car? The new menu design is really ugly, but new option is really cool.
    And SSS couldn't update ccca, so I have do it by WinKFP.
    Last edited by Silvano; 04-23-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Add info

My Cars
    E39
    Hi!
    I tried to learn about winkfp to update my dme ms42. What I found in winkfp was MDS42. Is this for my car DME MS42????
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvano View Post
    Thank you, i see you around a lot of forums
    I have stoped and now I'm without sound, so I'll try another day. Is that a problem if I use the car? The new menu design is really ugly, but new option is really cool.
    And SSS couldn't update ccca, so I have do it by WinKFP.
    When you do any re-programming you must re-code the model after with NCS and the expert profile.

My Cars
    2004 BMW E60 530D
    Quote Originally Posted by BLooD30 View Post
    When you do any re-programming you must re-code the model after with NCS and the expert profile.
    Can I have some more info about recode the model? Now idrive works but have no audio and menu service also, so couldn't simply update again via obd winkpf?

Ps:found also program like tool32 and Nfs, can they help me?
    Really thank you for helping.

My Cars
    2003 330i
    I hate to bring this thread back up, but I'm having a problem.

When I click on 'update ZUSB', the new window pops up, but it's all empty.

I think I saw something about having to add some data files, but I can't seem to figure out exactly what that is referring to.

My Cars
    2002 330 CiC

My Cars
    2003 330i
    That is a great thread, but now I've got a different problem.

I'm getting the error about the NPV.DAT file. I've searched, and some people say that they edit the file in Notepad and that works. So...what do I edit????

Everything Gene's walkthrough worked.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewfus2101 View Post
    That is a great thread, but now I've got a different problem.

I'm getting the error about the NPV.DAT file. I've searched, and some people say that they edit the file in Notepad and that works. So...what do I edit????

Everything Gene's walkthrough worked.
    Get winkfp 5.1.6, it fixes a lot of the parsing bugs.

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    On my MINI R56, I could only update certain modules like the CAS, if the key was removed from the switch.

I learned through error: When I tried to update the module with the ignition on, the ECU blocked the transfer. However WinKFPT did its first clear to 100% before the error came (something like "ECU not in flash mode").

The car gave me another error: Steering wheel lock malfunction

Anw after lots of tries, I was able to reprogram the ECU with the ingition off and the key removed. The error remained on the dash, but I removed it by going into INPA and deleting the error memory of the CAS module. Removing the error from the whole list of modules DID NOT help.

Now the car is very fine. Wondering what to update next
    Alex? im trying to update my CAS but it wont let me do it even with the ignition off, did you use the OBD port or the MOST port?

My Cars
    E60 530D ex. E39 528iA
    Hi all, i have done it with the ECU (MS41.0) after engine swap from M52B20 to M52B28, but i cant update the steptronic ECU. After selecting the version and clicking on "program" there is error "can`t find 1422768. In ..\DATA\G832\ there is no 1422768.0pa file, there is no any *.0pa files. For all other ECU`s have, but here, NO. Any clues. The EGS is GS 8.32 (5HP18 or A5S 310Z)
    Last edited by spacepl; 06-07-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast