Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to use WinKFP to update an ECU.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Poole View Post
    Curious. How do you check? When I upgraded my firmware (12 modules total, see first attachment) I used the information from Progman. I got a list of modules from progman with "is" and "should" values. I plugged the "should" values into WinKFP and did the flash. There were other numbers in the list (see second attachment). Are higher numbers later firmware?
    the "should" value is probably the latest available for that specific car. I'm guessing the other numbers available are for different regions or different option combos. E46 M3 for example: Euro emissions are different than US emissions. Top speed can be delimited if you have a proper license (probably just an option code in the VO). CSL uses a hybrid Alpha-N system. Differences like those will require different DME flashes.

My Cars
    300c, 745i, 650i
    Where can I get this program?

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    the "should" value is probably the latest available for that specific car. I'm guessing the other numbers available are for different regions or different option combos. E46 M3 for example: Euro emissions are different than US emissions. Top speed can be delimited if you have a proper license (probably just an option code in the VO). CSL uses a hybrid Alpha-N system. Differences like those will require different DME flashes.
    I'm still wondering how I determine that I have the latest firmware with WinKFP? I see numbers when I plug in my ZUSB but I don't know how to tell if it is the latest or not. You said there was an easy way with WinKFP. For example, using my EGS again as a test case, INPA showed my current ZB number for EGS as 7564080. Plugging that into WinKFP gives: "Error on determining the ZB number!" The only way I knew what ZUSB I needed was to run Progman which gave me the "is" and "should" values.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Poole View Post
    I'm still wondering how I determine that I have the latest firmware with WinKFP? I see numbers when I plug in my ZUSB but I don't know how to tell if it is the latest or not. You said there was an easy way with WinKFP. For example, using my EGS again as a test case, INPA showed my current ZB number for EGS as 7564080. Plugging that into WinKFP gives: "Error on determining the ZB number!" The only way I knew what ZUSB I needed was to run Progman which gave me the "is" and "should" values.
    Hmm, for my dme winkfp simply told me what I'm currently at, and what it plans to update too. In my case, the values matched. My car doesn't have an EGS or any other programmable module, so I can't test anything else

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Update zusb will give you the current and planned update if there is one.

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by BLooD30 View Post
    Update zusb will give you the current and planned update if there is one.
    OK, Thanks! I've been playing around a bit with this but I don't have a car connected so I'm getting an error with SG_AIF_LESEN which according to my rusty German, indicates that it's trying to read from the module first. I'll report back when I see how this works.

Speaking of rusty German, what's up with the third box in the ZUSB dialog? The options are "Unverbaut" and "-" Best I can translate in this context is "not installed". Any idea what the "-" does?

My Cars
    2006 BMW e90
    Hello everybody, i'm new in this thing with WinKFP, but i want to update some modules from my car. Please HELP ME.
    Can someone tell me what to exactly use?

- what cable;
    - what version of WinKFP is working for E90, and from where can i take it;
    - where can i find latest module software;
    - some indication please.

Thank you in advance and please help me.

My Cars
    E38, BNR32, E36, B5S4
    Quick question. Is there a way to reflash my 1997 E36 M3 ECU to manual mode so it doesnt look for the EGS? I swapped in a manual transmission, it was an automatic car.
    2001 BMW 750iL Black on Black fully loaded
    1997 BMW M3/4/6 - Awaiting turbo
    2001 Audi S4 - VR6 turbo swap in progress
    2016 ZX14R
    1993 R32 GTR V-Spec

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by larrybml View Post
    Hello everybody, i'm new in this thing with WinKFP, but i want to update some modules from my car. Please HELP ME.
    Can someone tell me what to exactly use?

- what cable;
    - what version of WinKFP is working for E90, and from where can i take it;
    - where can i find latest module software;
    - some indication please.

Thank you in advance and please help me.
    For your 06, you can get away with a dual k-line interface like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-E...#ht_2052wt_939

but I'd recommend a K+Dcan as they have a built-in USB and you'll be able to use it on your friends' 07+ cars.

DoItAuto has some decent cables (tested and guaranteed unlike some of the cheap Chinese ones):

http://doitauto.de/product/en/BMW-Di...Interface.html

The extra quality and testing is well worth the 149€ they are charging. You can get them cheaper (say 99€ or less), but I've heard of some QC problems and refusal to honor so-called warranties from some of the lesser reputable Chinese sellers on eBay.

For WinKFP, 5.1.6 is the latest I've seen floating around. It's available elsewhere on this forum but I don't have a link handy. For an 06, your good with V32 daten for the most part. V32 covers updates to like late 2009 I think. There's V39 and even V40 daten links around, but there's not too much I've seen for 06's that isn't covered pretty well with V32. I've posted some stuff on getting WinKFP set up in this thread:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1590483

and I'm thinking of doing a mini-guide for using WinKFP for programming if there's an interest.

My Cars
    2006 BMW e90
    Do you want to make an example for updating an E90 module? But for dummies , i mean with more explications , where i find the module identification and step by step how to. Thank you again.

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Gene? if you decide on a WinKFP DIY, find my posts with the step buy step pics and put the two together.

My Cars
    E90
    How do you know which ECU to update? There's so many for the EKP, how do know which one is the right one?

My Cars
    2006 BMW e90
    Quote Originally Posted by EZMODE View Post
    How do you know which ECU to update? There's so many for the EKP, how do know which one is the right one?
    Good question! You need to know in witch family is, and what is the model? It is written somewhere if you need update or not?

My Cars
    e87
    ..but anyone knew how to read full ZB# list with inpa ?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Idk if anyone else ran into this issue, but if you're flashing a pre-MOST bus car, DO NOT use the "fast baudrate". The DME flash will fail, and the car will not start. Ask me how I know.

Thankfully, it doesn't actually kill the DME, it just corrupts most of the data. If you uncheck the fast baudrate, enter the ZB # and program, winkfp will do it's thing and the car will come back to life. You may have to turn the ignition off then on again before it let's you reflash.

My car doesn't have any programmable modules besides the DME, but I'd be willing to bet that the same applies to the EGS modules on older cars too.
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 03-04-2011 at 07:26 PM.

My Cars
    2004 BMW E60 530D
    Quote Originally Posted by BLooD30 View Post
    Yes you can, the CCC has 5 parts to it. Bear in mind it takes around 6 hours to update the applications part.
    Thank for info.
    Which are 5 parts? Can i have a little list of what i have to update to' have more option on key memory, play new nav DVD with prospective and play mp3, because now i have only like 10 options(ncs and programm sss).

Ps:sorry for my english

My Cars
    2006 E61 530D
    write up for updating would be awesome! im wondering, how i can backup the DME or other box before updating, incase something goes wrong. I would be able to restore that box to the original state and continue driving

My Cars
    2008 535xi, 2011 Z4 35is

CCC module updates - flash signature error?

I have v40 Daten files and WinKFP 5.1.6 and have been able to update 3 of the five CCC modules:

CCC6260=CCC-GW
    CC3F60=CCC-ASK
    СС4760= ССС-ANT (TUNE)

These last 2 give me a couple errors I have not been able to get past:
    CCC6360=CCC-BO
    CCCA060=CCC-A (APPLICATION)

After the load completes at 100%, I am getting errors like:
    Code 2086: Signature check failed 48CC6360. DATEN:4500, ERROR_FLASH_SIGNATURE_CHECK.

it is the same error when I try CCCA060.

another error:
    Code 2089: Switching programming mode failed. ERROR_ECU_SECURITY_ACCESS_DENIED__Security_Access_ Requested

Can anyone comment on these errors or recommend a way to try again? I have left the car turned off for a while then tried again but have not disconnected the battery.

The iDrive screen currently displays only the BMW logo - no apps

Jim

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Did you enter the VIN correctly? And where did you get 5.1.6 out of curiosity? Latest I've been able to find was 5.1.0

My Cars
    2008 535xi, 2011 Z4 35is
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Did you enter the VIN correctly? And where did you get 5.1.6 out of curiosity? Latest I've been able to find was 5.1.0

I will check the VIN. I have it in a text file and just copy-paste.

This FTP site has new versions of EVERYTHING:
    ftp://94.212.182.18/

My Cars
    2004 BMW E60 530D
    There Are some between program SSS and WinKFP? For update ccc? Or I risk with both of them to broke the system?

My Cars
    2008 535xi, 2011 Z4 35is
    Checked the VIN, updated and failed again. I have disconnected the battery for about 20min and trying again.

I connected with INPA and seemd like I was reading module information just fine.

If this update doesn't work, any tips on what to try next?

An INPA Activate?
    Last edited by NoQuarterX; 03-21-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2004 BMW E60 530D
    Sorry wrote from iPad with Italian layout and it correct me plus my English is not really good.
    My question is, what is the differences between program and winkpf?

My Cars
    2008 535xi, 2011 Z4 35is
    This is a screenshot of INPA view of programming status. The 2 modules I am having trouble with show here.

ugh.. can't read them. The German text says the signature verification has not been performed.
    Last edited by NoQuarterX; 03-21-2011 at 02:37 PM.

My Cars
    2004 e60
    Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarterX View Post
    This is a screenshot of INPA view of programming status. The 2 modules I am having trouble with show here.

ugh.. can't read them. The German text says the signature verification has not been performed.
    Did you solve your problem? I have the same error ERROR_ECU_SECURITY_ACCESS_DENIED__Security_Access_ Requested while flashing DME MS45.0 on e60 PRELCI via K+DCAN. And I also have v40 Daten files and WinKFP 5.1.6
    Last edited by BNS; 04-01-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast