Thread: 2 step

My Cars
    A good amount.

2 step

Hey is anyone running a 2 step system on there bmw? What make did you go with and how hard was the install?

Also all i seem to see is turbod car running this setup, can a N/A car run it also with out a problem i know its for antilag, but could you use it as far as normal launch control?
    Thanks,
    Jholden

Got kicked outta the strip club, guess you cant yell " Dance monkey, dance for your dollar."

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    A two step is a secondary rev limiter, not antilag. The purpose of a twostep is to allow a consistent launch on a drag strip.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    A good amount.
    oo ok, thanks for clearing that up. how hard is it to run one i dont see ant M3s with them.
    Thanks,
    Jholden

Got kicked outta the strip club, guess you cant yell " Dance monkey, dance for your dollar."

My Cars
    95 m3
    I've had whats called a "WOT Box" on my car for ~1 month. The unit had very promising features such as a two-step launch control and no lift shit (the unit could temporarily cut off the ignition for a pre-set time so that your right foot can remain on the throttle while you engage the clutch and shit into the next gear). According to the guys at http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox I was the 1st one to try it on a bmw. They sent me a wire schematic. After that the support was non-existent.

I got the no-lift shift to work (sorta), but the 2-step, the main feature why I bought it for, never did. I took it to the 1/4 too see what results can be gained from the no lift feature and it threw a CE light so I pulled it and looped the wiring..

Still have the box if someone wants to give it another go.

Mods: obd1 s52, SS replica headers, SS race mid-section, SS exhaust, euro intake, 3.5" hfm, turner tune, 24lb injectors, uuc flywheel, m5 clutch.

My Cars
    A good amount.
    I wonder if there is others out there with maybe better support or the same features?
    Thanks,
    Jholden

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    There are some BMWs running at the drag strip with a twostep and some with antilag (some with both).

You run antilag to build boost at the standstill (to make boost from the hit) and you run a twostep to launch the same way every time. Having your twostep dialled in just right means a couple of good things for drag racing. First you don't have to worry about using your right foot to find the optimum RPMs for your launch, instead you can concentrate on the Christmas tree. Second you can't overrev the engine accidentally. Third you launch the same way every time so you know what to expect.

You use the antilag on the line to build positive boost on the hit. Be careful because too much boost will mean you blow the covers off and that means a shitty short time.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    A good amount.
    so whre does everyone go to get a reliable 2step or program one case it seems there is a lotta cheap stuff.
    Thanks,
    Jholden

My Cars
    01 325i
    Bump. Anyone know where to get a 2step that will work with a e46.

My Cars
    97 m3
    Bump I'd like to know the same thing with a e36?

My Cars
    A good amount.
    I dont think anyone knows haha, im gonna try yelling at my car til it can 2step
    Thanks,
    Jholden

My Cars
    vinyl wrapped 97 328is
    same I would love to have dos-step

Last edited by whoshaunq; 01-31-2011 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    none
    It seems that manny would like this feature as well as I... I'm going to loookinto this a bit further

My Cars
    A good amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    It seems that manny would like this feature as well as I... I'm going to loookinto this a bit further
    Do it to it, i want one and i know a few more people also.
    Thanks,
    Jholden

My Cars
    98M 2/5, EVO iX, 98 tdi
    A few of my friends have a wot box which has the no lift shift and 2step in there built vr6's and its a pretty cool product.
    Im def interested if anyone finds anything.

13.1@108- 2011

My Cars
    BMW E46 328i
    I have got my N2mb wot box to work some what, the problem is that it stops at the revlimint for half a sec and drops down 1k and then it goes past the set rpm and jumps around like that. No lift shift works fine with no engine code (disabled miss fire detection past 2500 rpm).

Anyone know what might cause it to jump around?

My Cars
    BMW E46 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by 95s52 View Post
    I've had whats called a "WOT Box" on my car for ~1 month. The unit had very promising features such as a two-step launch control and no lift shit (the unit could temporarily cut off the ignition for a pre-set time so that your right foot can remain on the throttle while you engage the clutch and shit into the next gear). According to the guys at http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox I was the 1st one to try it on a bmw. They sent me a wire schematic. After that the support was non-existent.

I got the no-lift shift to work (sorta), but the 2-step, the main feature why I bought it for, never did. I took it to the 1/4 too see what results can be gained from the no lift feature and it threw a CE light so I pulled it and looped the wiring..

Still have the box if someone wants to give it another go.
    What was the problem with your wot box?
    Did the rpm jump around?

My Cars
    89 325i, 94 325i

N2mb

Where did you source the rpm signal? I had this issue when I tapped into the fuel injector for rpm signal. I tapped into the Crank Pos sensor and it holds the 2-step now with no rpm drop or spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv1997 View Post
    I have got my N2mb wot box to work some what, the problem is that it stops at the revlimint for half a sec and drops down 1k and then it goes past the set rpm and jumps around like that. No lift shift works fine with no engine code (disabled miss fire detection past 2500 rpm).

Anyone know what might cause it to jump around?

My Cars
    2004 325cic 2001 540i6
    I currently am running an N2MB WOT box for no lift shifting and 2 step; if directions are fallowed it will work flawlessly also has other settings for other rev limit options or tuning options not much but rpms that you may have a NOS system for or etc, Note that wiring must be fallowed correctly for everything to work and there’s more then one source where you can get the signals you need. I’m new to forums so I don’t quite know how I could share a video of it with you guys but it’s very much possible just cost $200 for the actual wot box and maybe a day or so in the garage with some wiring diagrams for those who feel they are competent in the electrical area other wise I would have some one who’s good with wiring do it as you do tap into pcm wires. The wot box shouldn’t be used with cats as it can damage them severely I also didn’t have to disable any misfire detection for this to work I still have all 4 cats on the m62tu but I already have pieces of them showing up in the tail pipe from wot box use, I currently have no stored or pending codes and have no check engine light with cats deleted you can put rear o2 spacers to eliminate a CEL if it does bother you. Also sorry for my bad grammar English wasn’t my best class I was always in the Autoshop haha