Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If my battery is dead and the doors and trunk are locked, how do I get into the car?

My Cars
    2000 540i, 2011 VW GTI
    Just tried the -90 method on my '00 540i, Drivers door would not go past -45. Trunk lid easily went to -90 and popped right open.
    Is it possible not all models have the -90 function on the drivers door? I always use my key fob to luck/unlock doors and trunk, and have never lubed either. I don't see how one lock could "seize" but not the other. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by bomba619; 04-27-2015 at 07:56 PM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by bomba619 View Post
    Just tried the -90 method on my '00 540i, Drivers door would not go past -45. Trunk lid easily went to -90 and popped right open.
    Is it possible not all models have the -90 function on the drivers door? I always use my key fob to luck/unlock doors and trunk, and have never lubed either. I don't see how one lock could "seize" but not the other. Just my opinion.
    No it's not possible, because all models have that. It can be quite hard to turn to -90. Lubricate the lock and try again.
    Last edited by Spirit Force; 04-28-2015 at 01:00 PM.

My Cars
    1999 528i Bmw
    Hello I'm new here ,but I have read a ton of these forums. Glad to see BMW enthusiast , I had the same issue as couple of you, disconnected the battery to keep the airbags from activating while changing passenger side window regulator and closed the trunk . Didn't want to jack up the car, so I figured out another trick , since my doors were open and I had a 12 volt cordless drill , I hook up 2 wires to the battery ( one positive and one negative obviously ) hooked up the wires to the cigarette lighter and got power to the car and pushed trunk button "boom" back in business. Hope it helps it only took me 5 minutes.

My Cars
    BMW
    I thought my trunk won't even close if a Key fob was detected in it. Same with the doors, they would not lock if a key fob was inside the vehicle.but i was wrong as i went for meeting,my car doors get locked,so i was in a hurry so i called Crystallake locksmith.I heard about them from one of my close friend.They made me satisfy in 10 minutes.And charge me very less amount.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 528i
    Hi I'm having a problem on my 98 528i battery depletes after sitting for a day? Battery has been checked and disconnected this problem doesn't happen. Do you have any thoughts on this.

My Cars
    2002 525
    I'm trying to get into my 2002 525 which has a completely dead battery. The trunk lock will not work. The drivers side door will not unlock even when I try to turn it all the way counter clockwise. I took off the kidney grills and was able to unlatch the passenger side but not the driver side latch. I tried pushing on the part that is connected to the driver latch but it will not budge. Appreciate any help.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettL View Post
    I'm trying to get into my 2002 525 which has a completely dead battery. The trunk lock will not work. The drivers side door will not unlock even when I try to turn it all the way counter clockwise. I took off the kidney grills and was able to unlatch the passenger side but not the driver side latch. I tried pushing on the part that is connected to the driver latch but it will not budge. Appreciate any help.
    Read through this thread. Several have posted how to access the 12v + battery cable, some with photos.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12