Thread: Just bought F10 528i sport/navi/prem-great drive/great in snow

My Cars
    2011 528I/Sport/Navi/Prm

Just bought F10 528i sport/navi/prem-great drive/great in snow

I know it is common when you get a new car to rave about it...how typical...but I love my new 528i!

I bought a slightly used car with 450kms from a dealer at a sig. discount to msrp.

It started with intentions of being just a casual test drive. I was driving a more powerful near-luxury FWD import (Acura TL 6mt/ aspec) and thought that the 528 would not have enough power, plus it was RWD (not good for Canadian winters), plus the steering was supposed to be numb (C&D review), etc. I had just driven a 2011 S4 the week before and came away unimpressed. Fast? sure. But it drove harsh. Maybe an a6?...consumer reports blasted the reliability of the 3.0T, plus it is really a 4+year old car. Maybe the new m37? it looks bad with the smaller wheels and the 20" are overkill. The new 5 started looking better and better. The car that I was testing had the sport wheels, navi, and premium- all the options I felt I "needed" to have.

The kicker was that I was really impressed during the test drive with the way the car drove. The 528 has plenty of power (0-60 in 6.4s), steering was different but it did not take away from the luxurious drive and yes sporty handling. The neutral near 50/50 balance helps the car corner so sweetly. The smooth impressive sound of the six cyl engine has not been addressed in any of the reviews- I could turn off the music and listen to the car sing all day long! I obviously bought the car.

A quick online visit to our friends at tirerack and I was hooked up with a great set of Dunlop winter sports on nice looking wheels. I was still worried about the car would handle the snow...until...I was out for a drive today in the snow and, granted I was driving like a bit of an idiot, but I could not get the car out of control. It felt so solid and composed in the White stuff that I would say it easily outhandled my FWD acura with new all-season tires. It even compared well to my Acura with snows on. The traction control and great balance of the car is confidence inspiring.

To big thumbs up. I look forward to driving this car every day.

My Cars
    10 GTI
    Congrats on the new car. I think the new 5 looks great, I have a buddy who is looking at one as well. Thanks for the review.

My Cars
    E36 E46 E91 F22 all MT

Congrats!!

Gone but not forgotten

SGM e46M & LCI SBM X-drive Msport e90 '13 s1K RR
    I N S T A G R A M : @F R A C K 0 1

My Cars
    2011 528I/Sport/Navi/Prm

My Cars
    2011 BMW 535I Sport Pack
    Great car, nice wheels I had 2006 525i and i use to pull triple digits on the highway with no problemo! ENJOY the Ultimate Driving Machine ;-)

My Cars
    '11 535ix & '08 Jag XKR

Congrats

congrats & drive it in good health........

similar story for me...... was car shopping for my wife when I wandered into the BMW showroom and the 5 caught my eye....

two days later, I was back for a test drive... and the rest is history.

a couple of weeks in.... it seems like a great daily driver!!!!

my wife is still thinking about what she wants to buy