i have a 2000 528i with 120k. i've been having a starting issue for a few months now. in detail: my car randomly will not start. when i turn the key there is nothing. if it werent for the dash lights its as if there was no battery. sometimes all the lights on the dash light up normally during startup, other times all i get is the odometer display and a very dull oil symbol light. if i keep aattempting to start, eventually the car will start. sometimes its 1 attempt and other times its 6 or 7. i have a new battery (installed 2 months ago and it's fine. alternator is okay also). i noticed tonight that when key is in the run position if i do not hear the fuel pump whirring, then i know the starter will not kick in. whenever i hear the fuel pump, once key is in the start position, the car starts right up. i'm thinking either a ground (due to the dash lights sometimes not coming on ) or the ignition switch. where are the grounds located on this car? i want to check these before swapping the ignition switch.