Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FEELER: Carolina BF.C meet

My Cars
    MMW S50'd E30

FEELER: Carolina BF.C meet

Just throwing it out there guys but we are pretty dead here in the Carolina section. We even have a handicap! There are two states worth! All of the other sections get way more action than we do with the exception of Louisiana I believe. I do understand that we may have more space to cover and not as many people close to each other but come on! Let's get rowdy or something. We need to get more social and get out more and get some meets going! So I propose that we get some kind of regular meet going. Like a biannual, triannual, quarterannual. idk, just SOMETHING!! Maybe we could do it 4 times a year. 1st time in Columbia, 2nd time in Greenville, 3rd time in Raleigh, and 4th time in like Asheville or Winston-Salem. That way it becomes easier for atleast most everyone to come to atleast on of the meets. But I'm just throwing stuff out there. We could also try this around some of the longer weekends for us military guys. Maybe we can find a larger place/good food joint/bar for the of age people. As many of you know I haven't spent much time in South Carolina or North Carolina yet so I will need all the help I can get with organizing this. So come on everyone start throwing some ideas out there!

Thanks, Austin

<UPDATE>

May 29 2011 4pm-late, Carolina BF.C meet will be at the Village at Sand Hills in Columbia, SC. I have no idea how to work the google maps deal and post directions or images. Just search "Village at Sand Hills, SC" Once it pulls that up look for the road Towncenter Pl. I would like to have the meet in the larger parking lot off to the right of that road. We can meet up, hang out, walk around and check out cars, and then whoever wants to we can go and grab a bite to eat somewhere afterwards. As the other dates get closer we will look at places to have those and eventually we will set up a Dragon Run sometime this summer or early fall before I deploy! I'm looking forward to a good turn out!
    Last edited by E30 auddie; 03-28-2011 at 02:17 AM.

My Cars
    M3&318ti, 535xit, 2002
    I'm in for late May when I get back from Training in MO.

Semi-annual would probably work best - idk. Pick two federal holidays (best for us military wise to travel longer ways)

There are some weekly meets starting up in Raleigh iirc. Haven't been to one of those yet.

BBS RC041/BMW Style 29

My Cars
    Need an E30 PM Me
    im in for a meet!

My Cars
    M3&318ti, 535xit, 2002
    ^^ C&C this Saturday if you're around!

BBS RC041/BMW Style 29

My Cars
    Need an E30 PM Me
    headed to TN this weekend but im down for a meet after the new years. Ill be back in mid Feb.

My Cars
    MMW S50'd E30
    28 May, and 12 November? That would be Memorial Day weekend and Veteran's Day weekend. I only picked those because they are pretty much the most evenly spaced ones (6months). If we do it bi-annually we could either do one in Columbia and one in Fayetteville or Raleigh or both in Charlotte?

My Cars
    '98 E36 M3/4/5
    I think it'd be better to do different locations in order to get the highest number of people involved in the community. But of course it could change each time depending on where people are and who can go. Those dates sound like good possibilities to me!

My Cars
    MMW S50'd E30
    That was my theory. I figured if someone couldn't make it to one they could possibly make it to the other if distance was an issue. Once we set in dates and locations I will start looking at venues.

My Cars
    Need an E30 PM Me
    I agree different locations for each time. dates sound good ill be at both unless they are on autocross days.

My Cars
    M3&318ti, 535xit, 2002
    I *should* be back by the 28th of May - we'll see what *they* say.

BBS RC041/BMW Style 29

My Cars
    MMW S50'd E30
    Oh yes. *They* tend to get a little squirrelly sometimes and you can never ever predict what *they* will say or do. I need to start coming to some of the auto-x around these parts. Tell me, how might one find where these auto-x events will be or even participate in said auto-x without hijacking my own thread?(PM me pls) Back on topic, lets go with these dates for now. Where should we hold the meets and which venue for the first and which venue for the second?

My Cars
    135i
    Over the next year I know I'll be hitting Vintage/Vinyards, VIR Rolex Cup in May, possibly the OBX meet with BMW CCA, and multiple cars and coffees...

More than anything I would like to go do the Dragon sometime in the near future.
    E82 N54

My Cars
    MMW S50'd E30
    I would love to go to the Dragon. I've had my E30 for 4 years, was my first car, lived in Georgia all my life until now and still have never been to the Dragon. WTF is in order. I've been thinking about getting tickets and doing the VIR Rolex meet and race weekend thing. I also want to finally register and become a member of BMWCCA. I've been putting that off for way too long now!

EDIT: Why don't we have a Carolina's Dragon Run as well as the bi-annual Carolina Meet? For the Dragon Run how about either 19 Feb. or 19 March?
    Last edited by E30 auddie; 12-27-2010 at 11:44 PM.

My Cars
    Need an E30 PM Me
    Now were talking i am freakin down for the dragon.
    I joined BMWCCA about a year and 1/2 ago to go to VIR and never went Since then ive let my membership lapse.
    I am a member of SCCA though.
    Google... Tarheel Sports Car Club and www.NCRSCCA.com both hold auto x frequently.
    It would be nice not to be the only bmw at the auto x. Most of the time i roll up to the auto x solo anyway so a few to go along would be nice.
    check out some of the tracks: http://www.youtube.com/user/325eturbo

My Cars
    MMW S50'd E30
    Awesome, I'll start checking that out, that's for a different thread though. I need some more input from everyone! Give me more ideas or lemme know what you think of the current one!

My Cars
    135i
    Here's another idea: The August before last we had a pretty good Mt. Mitchell run that was organized on this forum. It was alot of fun.
    E82 N54

My Cars
    Need an E30 PM Me
    I know over on nceuro.org they meet the third thursday up in raleigh every month. I think its the third thursday.

Where i think that might be a little much for most, i think a meet in raleigh is pretty neutral for most...?

My Cars
    MMW S50'd E30
    What about 2 meets and 2 mountain runs, one of which will be the Dragon and the other Mt.Mitchell or somewhere else that we all decide? I probably wouldn't be able to make the Raleigh meets bc of work and distance but if we all wanted to have one of the bf.c meets there then I would more than likely be able to make that.

My Cars
    86 325es, 03 M5
    sounds good to me, I'm in I cant wait to do a dragon run!!

My Cars
    Need an E30 PM Me
    how about we get a check in of who all would be willing to show up at the meets

My Cars
    M3&318ti, 535xit, 2002
    ^

BBS RC041/BMW Style 29

My Cars
    86 325es, 03 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by sirius815 View Post
    ^
    +1

My Cars
    Need an E30 PM Me
    All in for the meets:

E30 auddie
    Jo3y
    Sirius815
    Classic Bimmer
    Windsma
    Bmwm1128
    Last edited by jo3y; 12-29-2010 at 10:49 PM.

My Cars
    2004 ZHP Sedan 6spd
    I do the dragon once a year with my old 3000gt club.
    ^ Actually last years pic
    Its fun bc at the same time the Saturn and Integra club is there.
    July 30th-ish to aug 2

and High Point, NC checking in.

My Cars
    M3&318ti, 535xit, 2002
    Hey Windsma - You gonna make it to the New Year's Meet in Charlotte?

BBS RC041/BMW Style 29

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast