Thread: E60 530i Chipped Button

My Cars
    04 530i,11 335iXi E92 Ma

E60 530i Chipped Button

One of my climate control buttons "chipped". I bought the whole set of buttons for the climate control from BMW. If anyone needs a button, let me know, I will be glad to help save you some money for an individual piece you may need. I used the button that says OFF for my 04 530i
    Also the old button pops out and new one slides right in, Less than 5 minute job.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2006 530xi
    Excellent, thanks for posting. I have the same problem with my 2006 530XI. I also need the OFF button. Would you mind verifying the part number if you have it and price you paid for the button set?

The part number I found is: 61319250196 from this page on realoem.com:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...26&hg=64&fg=20

As an aside, it appears to me the button set just recently became available. I wasn't able to find it on realoem.com until recently. My local BMW dealer didn't have it in their parts catalog but was able to confirm that the part number above is valid.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    That's very thoughtful of you. I would try posting this in the E60 section, you might get more of a response.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 332is
    Yes, post in the local, Parts and E60 sections.

But Im glad to see that newer cars are also easier to work with. I'll be a delight in the future.

My Cars
    04 530i,11 335iXi E92 Ma
    Hello all I will try to move this post to the E60 section, Thank you!

Ronarbo I bought it for under $60.00, Note the little tab on the back of the button,see how mine was chipped? I slid a very very small flat head screw driver in there and released the old button, and slid the new one in. ......If you have any questions PM me I will give you my cell number!
    Rosco
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rosco; 12-25-2010 at 10:34 PM.

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by ronarbo View Post
    Excellent, thanks for posting. I have the same problem with my 2006 530XI. I also need the OFF button. Would you mind verifying the part number if you have it and price you paid for the button set?

The part number I found is: 61319250196 from this page on realoem.com:

Click HERE

As an aside, it appears to me the button set just recently became available. I wasn't able to find it on realoem.com until recently. My local BMW dealer didn't have it in their parts catalog but was able to confirm that the part number above is valid.
    We have replacement sets available below for anyone who is in need...

Click HERE for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
    James
    Last edited by ECSTuning; 01-20-2012 at 10:13 AM.

My Cars
    '93 E30, '01 E46 Mtec I
    Quote Originally Posted by ECSTuningJoe View Post
    We have replacement sets available below for anyone who is in need...
    Why does that not surprise me? lol
    IF MY CAPS OFFEND YOU, BLOCK ME.
    AND IF YOU NOTICE THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD CAP'ED...... IT'S DONE AUTOMATICALLY BY THE FORUM BECAUSE I TYPE IN ALL CAPS.BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS DO THIS, LIKE WHEN I QUOTE OTHER POSTS.AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, REFER TO FIRST SENTENCE IN MY SIG.

My Cars
    04 530i,11 335iXi E92 Ma
    Joe that is a great price....$49.00
    If I would have known you would have gotten my business! NEXT TIME!

Thanks

My Cars
    2007 530 xi
    I have a story about chipped buttons. The "off" button on my 07 chipped a piece this summer while the car was still under warranty. Took it to the local dealership and they said it wasn't covered. They said it was broken due to an "outside influence." I got mad, filed a complaint with BMW (which solved nothing) and went to a different dealership out of town. Everything was going well (seemed like they were going to go ahead and fix it) and opened my mouth telling my story. All of a sudden the service writer goes to all stop, leaves then comes back saying that they aren't going to fix it. I about blew a gasket (maybe I shouldn't have) and left. Called BMW service back and blew a gasket on him. Yada yada yada, wife and I are on our way back home and a different service writer from dealership #2 calls me and suggests I call a third dealership, keep my mouth shut and see what happens. Wife and I go to a third dealership, keep my mouth shut, and end up getting the button replace under warranty. Go figure.

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Joe that is a great price....$49.00
    If I would have known you would have gotten my business! NEXT TIME!

Thanks
    No worries! Feel free to PM whenever you need anything!

Cheers,
    ECS
    Last edited by ECSTuning; 03-12-2012 at 11:09 AM.

My Cars
    2008 750i Sport

just curious

Rosco...im going out on a limb here, but do you still have any of these buttons left? Looking for the "REST" button...

My Cars
    04 530i,11 335iXi E92 Ma

Buttons

Sure do, hit me up

bmw surge problems

Hi i had just bought a 2004 bmw e60 530i and i had bought it totaled and had it fixed but ever since i have had it it runs really bad and surges when you first star it up at an idal intel it warms up but even then it still surges a little when its warm but you could hardly tell. Also when it gets warm and you bairly press the gas pettal it surges up and down between 1000 and 2500 RPM has anyone had any problem with there e60 bmw like this i cant figure out what wrong let me know if you have any ideas thanks.

My Cars
    2007 530xi
    I have a situation similar to Rosco's. The center of my "Max" button threw a chip and now looks like crap. I've got a set of inserts for all three buttons but I have no idea how to get the button itself out. I inserted the small screwdriver but pressure didn't release anything. I'm also leery to try popping the face plate off for fear of busting something and having a worse problem. I'd appreciate any suggestions for getting the button(s) out so I can replace the insert

My Cars
    2008 750i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by laflinjohn View Post
    I have a situation similar to Rosco's. The center of my "Max" button threw a chip and now looks like crap. I've got a set of inserts for all three buttons but I have no idea how to get the button itself out. I inserted the small screwdriver but pressure didn't release anything. I'm also leery to try popping the face plate off for fear of busting something and having a worse problem. I'd appreciate any suggestions for getting the button(s) out so I can replace the insert
    It's easier to replace if the crack is actually chipped off, easiest thing to do if not, get a small hook tool, push in on the clear led piece til it goes in, then hook it from that opening and pull straight out....new one pops right in...takes less than a min to replace...

*** 2008 750i Sport ***Custom coding done by John @ Motorcepts.

My Cars
    2007 530xi
    Thanks, mogokool. A small allen wrench to act as a hook and it popped right out. Now I've got a full set of buttons, pn 61-31-9-250-196, minus the "max" button, of course, if anyone needs replacements.

My Cars
    2007 bmw 550i

Cool Please help ME out !!

Quote Originally Posted by laflinjohn View Post
    Thanks, mogokool. A small allen wrench to act as a hook and it popped right out. Now I've got a full set of buttons, pn 61-31-9-250-196, minus the "max" button, of course, if anyone needs replacements.
    I read your post and noticed u have the OFF button that i cannot find, not even at junk yards !! I was wondering how could i get it from u., thanks for your reply .

AL

My Cars
    2007 530i
    PM me if anyone has an extra off button they would like to sell.

Thanks

My Cars
    2005 525i
    Old thread I know, but I need to replace my AC button above the Auto one. How do you pop those out?