Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to use WinKFP for programming

My Cars
    04 M3
    So the bands are there but they're greyed out? I don't know the history behind what you've done so far but maybe you should read the trace file for CAPPL and see what you have in there...

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by JackBeQuick View Post
    Nice, I've been wanting to update my LSZ for a while, now. Are there any extra steps that need to be taken when coding an LSZ? (since it stores a mirror of the cluster's mileage and VIN).
    Also, this UIF that people are talking about... Is that something that is specific to updating the DME, or do all the modules have that?
    I know there's a limit to how many times you can reflash the DME, is there a limit on the rest of the modules?
    LSZ cannot be updated. On the E46, the only modules that can be updated are the DME and EGS.

My Cars
    2004 745 IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphee View Post
    Hello,

Is there a way to make a backup of CAS and restore it if needed ? (If I want to replace CAS with a new one never programmed ?)

Thank you
    You must start using a CAS3 or CAS4 programmer depending on your specific vehicle model/year. I do this just soldering on the board following pin connection to the MCU HC689S12H256 and the oscilator. Once you have done your backup bin file, just program it back to the new CAS. (Dealer will not sell a CAS without coding / VIN# already programmed) The information about VIN#, mileage etc is located in the EEPROM area. I never changed anything on FLASH memory area. After finish you need to recode and align CAS DME.

My Cars
    cataritas
    Don`t know but this comes up progman and ISTA/p.

My Cars
    2004 745 IL
    Quote Originally Posted by cataritas View Post
    Don`t know but this comes up progman and ISTA/p.
    Not SSS progman or ISTA will let you extract the dump file out of the CAS unit.. Those are ok to code and program..

My Cars
    2003 Bmw M3 Coupe
    Dear TerraPhantm

could you write or point me in the direction where i can find a DIY on programing the DME and EGS on my 09.2002 euro e46 M3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    LSZ cannot be updated. On the E46, the only modules that can be updated are the DME and EGS.

My Cars
    2008 335i
    I had to replace the passenger side Headlight ACL (Adaptive Control Unit). The replacement came uncoded. How can I code it to work?

My Cars
    2000 bmw 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by BLooD30 View Post
    Instructions on how to update a module with WinKFP.

1 Start WinKFP and select F3:- Update ZUSB
    2 Select ECU type and the ECU will appear along with a list of part numbers.
    3 Select ok and the main menu will re-appear
    4 Select VIN and enter the cars VIN no. and select OK.
    5 Select Done
    6 Select Prog. ZB_update, you will be asked to confirm the update, Winkfp wil state the number of times the module can be re-programmed.
    7 Sit back and wait.

I did my TCU with my cars VIN no. and it took 35 mins over the OBD port.
    Im confused im trying to code my vin to abs module my assembly number is 7505517 on a e39 but winkfp doesnt have that number so how do I go about to code the vin to the abs module any help is appreciated.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 323i
    i have a 01/07 e90 with frm 1 module. according to winkfp/inpa it is a frmpl2 in the list of ECUs. when i want to update, it says i have the 9128188 zusb number; and then it also shows that 9128188 is the latest version for that module (if i choose to update, it asks me if i want to update it with 9128188). however, when i go to the data folder for the frmpl2, there are about 3 versions later in the v49 spdaten im using, including a 9128189 and 913.....

1) why does it not allow me to update to one of those later versions
    2) is it possible to force that update/ is that a good idea?

- - - Updated - - -

i have a 01/07 e90 with frm 1 module. according to winkfp/inpa it is a frmpl2 in the list of ECUs. when i want to update, it says i have the 9128188 zusb number; and then it also shows that 9128188 is the latest version for that module (if i choose to update, it asks me if i want to update it with 9128188). however, when i go to the data folder for the frmpl2, there are about 3 versions later in the v49 spdaten im using, including a 9128189 and 913.....

1) why does it not allow me to update to one of those later versions
    2) is it possible to force that update/ is that a good idea?

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Terra Can you give me the number/name of the Euro-Ungoverned (No limit) update number for 2001 330ci manuel coupe?

And lastest update for 2004 330i auto?

I cant find it dont know how.
    ///M* Coming soon..

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    Look on realOEM.com, since it has changed so all dealers should have ISTA/P, BMW don't sell most pre-programmed ECUs, you order a blank one, find the number in the part catalogue and program it in house.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...80&hg=12&fg=10

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    2004 BMW 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by BLooD30 View Post
    I did my TCU with my cars VIN no. and it took 35 mins over the OBD port.
    Is your FIFO buffers set to 4096 or 2048? I just updated a used TCU w/ WinKFP it took 1 hour & 10 minutes double your time.

My Cars
    525d E39
    Quote Originally Posted by ta5mhu View Post

If its the light module then i have another problem.. my ZB is 9112629, but i cant find that in the list when I look in the e60 module list... is there another one i can use???
    Anyone has an answer to this question?
    Got the same problem here.
    When I check the ZB number that's on the module he can't find it in the list...
    Some modules work, some don't.
    I use V50.2 daten files on WinKFP 5.3.1

My Cars
    bmw e90 320 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gene poole View Post
    not sure about that. I know that i messed up my mrs with the wrong vin in winkfp (apparently the mrs stores the whole vin and not just the last 7) and it refused to work at all (and set codes for every sensor in the mrs system) and subsequent tries with winkfp with the right number failed (trying to write the same zb--might have worked if i "downgraded" the zb but i didn't try). I fixed it with sss progman by following the "replace ecu" menus.

I've been poking around with tool32 and that might be the best non-sss way to change vins.
    i updated my mrs using winkfp to the latest compatible using the update button. I thought it would be a good thing to enter my vin. From the factory this module and several more are blank, no vin. After successful update, i have errors at all sensors like the above case. Should i reprogram with blank vin as it was from the factory or it needs to use ncsexpert to restore to default? Thaks for any suggestion.

My Cars
    Hi all,

I have just fitted a ABS pump and controller from another vehicle while mine goes of for repair (keeps the car on the road) using INPA i have detemined that the unit is DSC87 ZB 6778239, i have updated my files in WINKFP and have no DSC87 folder? i see the others listed in the data folder, and going through the decribed procedures WINKFP falls over looking for the ZB (i guess cos i havent got the DSC87 folder/files) i would like to program the VIN number to this unit and i can keep my recon one on the shelf for a rainy day.
    Can anyone help with the files or a working link to them please?

My Cars
    1999 BMW 750i
    Hi!

I am a total newbie to winKFP, I have never used that before. I have an E38 750i MY: 2000, prod date: 11/99.

I'd like to update the eeprom on my HW04/SW09 (I think from SW11 they have the feature for 16:9 aspect ratio) video module in order to be able to display 16:9 aspect ratio (only 4:3 is enabled now, no option to switch aspect ratio). I heard winFKP is able to do this procedure. So I'd like to update the eeprom to at least SW11 on my video module (P#: 6903728).

What do I need for that (hardware & software) and how should I do it. Is there any DIY for this?
    Last edited by von Rypp; 03-20-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    '73 Mercedes-Benz W114 280CE
    '95
    BMW E38 740i
    '99
    BMW E38 750i

My Cars
    645ci 2004 convertible
    2004 645ci ,,,hi could someone help me do a ccc reprogram or what ever I need to do,,,,please, iv cocked it up with winkfp, no sound in the car , no sound on pdc or the belt dong, no sound on the stereo, and now it shows tv option, can anyone help ,thanks,
    also my DME has a different vin,,,, I would like to sort that also, the vin in the DME is for a e60 coupe !!!

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by martinwest123 View Post
    2004 645ci ,,,hi could someone help me do a ccc reprogram or what ever I need to do,,,,please, iv cocked it up with winkfp, no sound in the car , no sound on pdc or the belt dong, no sound on the stereo, and now it shows tv option, can anyone help ,thanks,
    also my DME has a different vin,,,, I would like to sort that also, the vin in the DME is for a e60 coupe !!!
    and... how did your DME get a different VIN in it? there's no way you're solving that w/ WinKFP. that's a one time burn, you need somebody who can benchflash reset that DME if you want to change the VIN. but again... how is it you have another DME in your car? Are you running the EWS from another car too? did you buy a stolen car?
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    The usual reason is stuff like ECU faults, or water in the ECU, and for £300-400, you can get a set of parts to get it running again, compared to over double that for a brand new one from BMW.

Plan of action would be to find out which modules are not from the car, and grab the correct coding from something that has remained. Watch out as the ECU would normally be swapped with the CAS, so taking the coding from the CAS will mean it'll mess up everything.
    The instrument cluster should hold the right info as long as the car hasn't been recoded and the proper coding lost.

Once that is done, the next thing is to reprogram the ECU with the correct software version for a 5 series, and that should cover everything.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    2001 M5
    what is the safest cable to use with WinKFP?

not related, but I have installed navi+TV (16x9 screen) from my friends car (E39). I remember that I could watch TV in his car while he was driving, but after the swap of TV in my car, TV only works when the car is stationary! What program allows for TV in motion update?

Thanks a lot for any info or hints

My Cars
    2009 335i M Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by stratu View Post
    what is the safest cable to use with WinKFP? not related, but I have installed navi+TV (16x9 screen) from my friends car (E39). I remember that I could watch TV in his car while he was driving, but after the swap of TV in my car, TV only works when the car is stationary! What program allows for TV in motion update? Thanks a lot for any info or hints
    you need NCS Dummy to disassemble your specific Daten file in order to modify the parameters. Then use NCS Expert to default your module with the file you modified with Dummy. I can't remember the values you change off hand, but a quick search on Google will provide you that answer.

But to answer your initial question, you can use just a kdcan cable for majority of the modules. For navi and any module on the MOST bus, you need to use an icom with a most adapter.

My Cars
    BMW

Mrs

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Poole View Post
    Not sure about that. I know that I messed up my MRS with the wrong VIN in WinKFP (apparently the MRS stores the whole VIN and not just the last 7) and it refused to work at all (and set codes for every sensor in the MRS system) and subsequent tries with WinKFP with the right number failed (trying to write the same ZB--might have worked if I "downgraded" the ZB but I didn't try). I fixed it with SSS Progman by following the "Replace ECU" menus.

I've been poking around with Tool32 and that might be the best non-SSS way to change VINs.

Can you please share the steps you take to resolve this? I am having the same issue.

My Cars
    2005 118d
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatcrazy View Post
    you need NCS Dummy to disassemble your specific Daten file in order to modify the parameters. Then use NCS Expert to default your module with the file you modified with Dummy. I can't remember the values you change off hand, but a quick search on Google will provide you that answer.

But to answer your initial question, you can use just a kdcan cable for majority of the modules. For navi and any module on the MOST bus, you need to use an icom with a most adapter.
    What does that look like, is it still odb socket or different?

I've turned my e87 into a garden ornament, I simply let Progman update modules as it wanted to (8 out of 10 failed) and now my car is bricked, I suspect some of the modules are on the most bus.

my car now cranks but won't start, the fuel pump is going all the time the with the ignition on and the windows don't work, and dash indicates steering lock failure. wipers were going crazy i pulled relay, it wouldnt lock on fob (but does now 2 days later?).

I finally got a good copy of INPA, BMW coding tools & latest daten for my car. I've read the error mem with INPA but am a little scared to code / flash CAS or DME as i don't want to loose key coding or run out of reflashes on DME.

What sort of procedure should I follow to fix it? should i try cas alignment first, failing that start recoding modules to default?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    This is the best info source I have seen on ICOM https://www.obd2repair.com/download/...obd2repair.pdf

My Cars
    2005 118d
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    This is the best info source I have seen on ICOM https://www.obd2repair.com/download/...obd2repair.pdf
    nice thanks,

I think the e87 uses icom a2 from what I can find. I'm looking at purchasing one.

From my INPA errors I think my DME/DDe is not responding, possibly in flash / boot mode or something,I need to borrow the beast of a battery maintainer from work to investigate further. It's frustrating as I didn't mess with progman just let it update modules and now its cost me time, money and the use of my car.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast