Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to use WinKFP for programming

My Cars
    2005 bmw m6
    When it says "enter vin" - do you enter the full vin (17 digits)?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Yes

My Cars
    2005 bmw m6
    im trying to update the vin in one of the control units for the adaptive headlight on my M6. Which control unit do i need to go into to do this (i cant see anything with SMC - stepper motor controller) in the list?

If its the light module then i have another problem.. my ZB is 9112629, but i cant find that in the list when I look in the e60 module list... is there another one i can use???

My Cars
    2004 BMW E60 530D
    Sorry if i post in wrong topic, but it is possibile to update ccc using WinKFP?

My Cars
    2005 BMW 530d E60
    >Silvano, yes you can update the CCC with WinKfp...you need the latest Daten files for your car tho.
    >Gene Poole, did you manage to change the VIN numbers using Tool32? If so, could you tell us the proceedure?

Thanks

Gav

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    I've got a question for those of you who might be a bit more experienced with WinKFP than I am. Is it safe to program a module without updating the UIF? Will the flash even work? I only ask because I want to test a few different DME versions without filling up my UIF and making my car unflashable.

If it's not safe or if the flash won't succeed without writing the UIF, is there a way to clear the UIF after it fills up? There doesn't seem to be an AIF LOESCHEN function in Tool32, but maybe I'm missing something?

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Didnt know you could do a flash with out changing the UIF to be honest.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by BLooD30 View Post
    Didnt know you could do a flash with out changing the UIF to be honest.
    I haven't attempted it, but WinKFP definitely gives you the option. Just uncheck the "write UIF in comfort mode box". You'll notice it won't ask your for the VIN anymore. It'll still read the UIF to determine what the appropriate version is. I am tempted to try flashing... At worst it'll fail and I'll have to reflash w/ UIF writing enabled (and I guess I'd waste yet another slot).

Edit: Just tried it, updating DME w/o writing UIF works fine. The software that interrogates the UIF will still think the old version is programmed, but the DME's running chracteristics are definitely more like the new one. (I could tell because the US DME tune has very different characteristics compared to the Euro 3 tune)
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 04-03-2011 at 04:28 AM.

My Cars
    2002 M3 Cabrio
    I just attempted to flash my DME and i got this error, any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by casper3t View Post
    I just attempted to flash my DME and i got this error, any ideas?
    What's the build date of your car? It seems there were two distinctly different hardware versions for the MSS54. One of them has a bootloader that's about 1.5MBs, the other has one that's about 1MB.

Edit: Try using 7837907 as the ZB number.
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 04-03-2011 at 08:13 PM.

My Cars
    2002 M3 Cabrio
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    What's the build date of your car? It seems there were two distinctly different hardware versions for the MSS54. One of them has a bootloader that's about 1.5MBs, the other has one that's about 1MB.

where do you find the zb number?

I looked it up in realoem and is it the last 7 digits of the part number?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by casper3t; 04-04-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: added picture

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    I found it by digging through the data files.

My Cars
    2002 M3 Cabrio
    from looking thru the data files, i don't see the anything with 7837907 but i do see A7837908.0DA

My Cars
    2002 M3 Cabrio
    oh i see it now, its under
    ;;Verwendung
    ;;K_V1: Serie E46-M3-EOBD
    ;;K_V2: SW fuer ZB 7.837.907

My Cars
    2007 MINI Cooper S
    I just used WinKPFT on my MINI R56 with latest ISTA P 40 data files. Just for the test, I updatedthe IHKA60 module.

After some minutes, the update was complete. Just as the car went back on I got an error on my CCC that a major fault has occured and the vehicle must taken to the dealership, but I must drive at reduced speed

Anw.. i fired INPA and deleted the error messages stored and then the car was fine. Apart from one think: the "Automatic Recirculation function" is not selectable.

Now I am wondering, could it be that I programmed the car with a wrong module?? But the info I am seeing here, I don't think it would actually let you program something that doesn't fit together???

PS: Maybe it's just a coding value in NCSExpert... Will investigate!!

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by alexs3d2 View Post
    I just used WinKPFT on my MINI R56 with latest ISTA P 40 data files. Just for the test, I updatedthe IHKA60 module.

After some minutes, the update was complete. Just as the car went back on I got an error on my CCC that a major fault has occured and the vehicle must taken to the dealership, but I must drive at reduced speed

Anw.. i fired INPA and deleted the error messages stored and then the car was fine. Apart from one think: the "Automatic Recirculation function" is not selectable.

Now I am wondering, could it be that I programmed the car with a wrong module?? But the info I am seeing here, I don't think it would actually let you program something that doesn't fit together???

PS: Maybe it's just a coding value in NCSExpert... Will investigate!!
    Did you re-code all the modules back to default after?

My Cars
    E60
    I haven't attempted it, but WinKFP definitely gives you the option. Just uncheck the "write UIF in comfort mode box". You'll notice it won't ask your for the VIN anymore. It'll still read the UIF to determine what the appropriate version is. I am tempted to try flashing... At worst it'll fail and I'll have to reflash w/ UIF writing enabled (and I guess I'd waste yet another slot).

Edit: Just tried it, updating DME w/o writing UIF works fine. The software that interrogates the UIF will still think the old version is programmed, but the DME's running chracteristics are definitely more like the new one. (I could tell because the US DME tune has very different characteristics compared to the Euro 3 tune)
    Hi Terraphantm,

can you please tell me what, or if there is a difference with the euro DME update and the US update..... i didnt see any updates at all for my 545i 2003 E60 since its been launched..........

cheers

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate View Post
    Hi Terraphantm,

can you please tell me what, or if there is a difference with the euro DME update and the US update..... i didnt see any updates at all for my 545i 2003 E60 since its been launched..........

cheers
    It's actually fairly different. As far as emissions go, US tune seems to turn on the secondary air pump no matter what the starting temperature is, while the euro tune does it only when the engine is cold.

The euro tune also seems to have a different fuel map, and seems to use the VANOS more aggressively. My torque band seems a bit wider, and the car definitely has quite a bit more kick on the high-end. I'd imagine I'd realize even better performance if I had a euro-spec exhaust (which I will soon).

My Cars
    2007 MINI Cooper S
    Did you re-code all the modules back to default after?
    NO! I didn't know that there is a reset to default procedure... How do you do that??

But I did find the AUC_FKT option in the IHKA module and re-enabled it with NCSExpert. Everything is fine now.

My Cars
    03' 325xi
    Hey TerraPhantm,
    I want to flash the euro tune and 330i ZHP trans software to my Xi. Will I find these in the Daten folder or do i need to be looking someplace else? Gonna try to flash them this week after I give the users guide a good reading and assuming I have the proper files.

My Cars
    bmw 535i

Smile

HI I hope some one can help me with INPA and WINKFP here is some images, all seems to be in place but I got this errors on some modules, and on different chasis.
    I import data files from ISTAP V41 e 70 and some others I follow the steps to update ncsc and inpa,if someone knows if I have to do this for every chasis number, because the files are the same when I do the import, anyways I hope to get more info on how to update step by steps or some directions, thank you.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerGT1 View Post
    HI I hope some one can help me with INPA and WINKFP here is some images, all seems to be in place but I got this errors on some modules, and on different chasis.
    I import data files from ISTAP V41 e 70 and some others I follow the steps to update ncsc and inpa,if someone knows if I have to do this for every chasis number, because the files are the same when I do the import, anyways I hope to get more info on how to update step by steps or some directions, thank you.
    That guide that shows how to setup WinKFP is wrong. Only import the whichever chassis you need. If you have an E60, only import the E60 data. If you have an E46 and an E60, import both. (Obviously replacing the chassis numbers with the ones you actually have access to). When it asks you about conflicting data files, just tell it to merge them

While having extra chassis won't hurt anything, it takes a lot of extra space, and sometimes causes glitchiness in versions before 5.1.6.
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 07-31-2011 at 01:57 AM.

My Cars
    '03 M3 S2, '87 635csi
    Nice, I've been wanting to update my LSZ for a while, now. Are there any extra steps that need to be taken when coding an LSZ? (since it stores a mirror of the cluster's mileage and VIN).
    Also, this UIF that people are talking about... Is that something that is specific to updating the DME, or do all the modules have that?
    I know there's a limit to how many times you can reflash the DME, is there a limit on the rest of the modules?

My Cars
    BMW 325 TDS E36
    Hello,

Is there a way to make a backup of CAS and restore it if needed ? (If I want to replace CAS with a new one never programmed ?)

Thank you

My Cars
    vw transporter
    Instructions on how to update a module with WinKFP.

1 Start WinKFP and select F3:- Update ZUSB
    2 Select ECU type and the ECU will appear along with a list of part numbers.
    3 Select ok and the main menu will re-appear
    4 Select VIN and enter the cars VIN no. and select OK.
    5 Select Done
    6 Select Prog. ZB_update, you will be asked to confirm the update, Winkfp wil state the number of times the module can be re-programmed.
    7 Sit back and wait.

I did my TCU with my cars VIN no. and it took 35 mins over the OBD port.
    Thanks blood I was also wondering how to go about it but now things are clear.
    by the way on a different topic have you ever been in the situation I described in a different forum. let me explain.
    Hi guys I need your help in resolving an issue I had with one e60 which i am trying to code but keep on getting an error message that indicates either I am missing a specific file that has to do with updating the audio functions or some file name and extension needs to be changed for it to be accessed.
    It all started when I had successfully changed the VO of one e60 that had option 807 in it so I deleted that option so the radio region has now reverted to ECE which is what the owner wanted. The good bit is that the radio frequencies are now within the range the owner had asked for but the display on the CID is faded for FM AM and MD. Only the CD and TV are active.When I try to code the entire car the error message appears and indicates CAUDI coding faulty. Error in CABD Look at CABI.ERR and ERROR LOG. Coapi-2000 EDIABAS or SGBD error.SYS-0008 : JOB NOT FOUND.
    I am wondering whether there is an additional file from the daten folder for thte e60 that I seem to be missing or is it another problem.
    now I can only access the radio thru my diagnostic kit and choose radio stations using the actuate components function and not via the I-drive. What may be missing since the radio is functioning well but the car owner will not move around with a diagnostic tool for sure to prompt the radio on while he used to do it from the comfort of the I-drive.
    Any suggestions will be most welcome.Thanks in advance

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast