Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Change VIN in DSC or DME

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Depends on the module really.

And yes, anything in the multimedia side of the car on MOST fiber optic network should be updated with and ICOM and MOST adapter.

There are ways to update the VIN data with Tool32 on some modules, but that's a challenging procedure for someone that hasn't done any of this before.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2007 328i coupe (E92)
    On mine the EKP is VIN=0000000 (due to a swap) and the FRM is VIN=ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ (this is a bit annoying as it seem it has the oldest software of all modules, pretty much the original, and no updates are available)

I'll try to use Tool32, but it seems it's not really required. + I also found out the UIF might not be showing them right, reading them w/ Tool32 is the way to check them.

My Cars
    mini cooper r56
    Vin can be seen with tool32. Inpa shows only uif.
    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ means that there is no vin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2007 328i coupe (E92)
    Quote Originally Posted by bearheroes View Post
    ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ means that there is no vin.
    as in there cannot be one ? if so, I learned smtg today... any idea why only the FRM would be like this ?

My Cars

F83 not fully programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by blastmn542 View Post
    No, You will not need the old ZB#, you will only need the ZB# from the DME module you want to update. I will give you a short instructions on how I use WinKfp to program my modules.

1. Go into INPA and print off the complete UIF page with ZB# and programming info.
    2. Close INPA completely and launch WinKFP.
    3. I use comfort mode since it does everything that I need it to do.
    4. Once you are in comfort mode, Click on Choose ZUSB and make sure that the programming data is loaded in there. If you dont have any data in there you will need to load it before you proceed to the next step.
    5. Close the window that is showing the programming data and click on Enter Vin, Enter your complete VIN # of the car you are programming, and click OK, Vin will show up at the top of the program if it accepted it.
    6. Click on Enter ZUSB and enter the ZB# from the UIF printoff from INPA, and click ok.
    7. It should load the next window and show the module # and something in the right screen. You can leave those as default and click ok.
    8. Click on Done, which will bring you to the programming page.
    9. Make sure you car is hooked up to a battery charger before you start the programming.
    10. Once you have everything good to go click on program and sit back and relax, it will go through and will say " You have 1 time left to program this ECU" click OK and it will flash it.

Let me know if you have any questions

I bought a 20' M4 from an auction without DME. I bought new DME, FEM, TCS, & gauge cluster. Programmer began rewriting the car then the battery charger was too weak & caused us to have to stop. We were supposed to restart the next day, but I can't reach the Programmer. It's been 2 months now. I am looking for a new Programmer. Any help is appreciated.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by MB401 View Post
    I bought a 20' M4 from an auction without DME. I bought new DME, FEM, TCS, & gauge cluster. Programmer began rewriting the car then the battery charger was too weak & caused us to have to stop. We were supposed to restart the next day, but I can't reach the Programmer. It's been 2 months now. I am looking for a new Programmer. Any help is appreciated.
    Why buy all those? If it had no DME, it just needed a DME. A lot more info needed.

This is a 12 year old post, so I don't think it's the right place.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2006 BMW 750Li
    Hi

I am trying to update VIN on DSC moduel for 2006 BMW 750Li.
    IF i go in INPA --> E65--> chasis-->DSC module I can see that module has wrong (old car) VIN number.

I tried functional job and UIF, if shows error message with no further infor on DSC module. Please see attached. I bought this module Used , if it defective or am i missing something? thanks.

attache please find my UIF
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat1212 View Post
    Hi

I am trying to update VIN on DSC moduel for 2006 BMW 750Li.
    IF i go in INPA --> E65--> chasis-->DSC module I can see that module has wrong (old car) VIN number.

I tried functional job and UIF, if shows error message with no further infor on DSC module. Please see attached. I bought this module Used , if it defective or am i missing something? thanks.

attache please find my UIF
    It will need to be flashed and coded in car, to the correct ZB number (flash number) for the car, which changes VIN when done correctly.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2006 BMW 750Li
    since its not showing up in INPA how do i find ZB # ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123