Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Change VIN in DSC or DME

My Cars
    mini cooper r56
    Absolutely not.

My Cars
    e30

program VIN number

Hi , My name is Daniel I am from malta I have a e39 525tsd manual bat I make it automatic and I change only the gearbox wiring and engine wiring and the engine ecu because I thing the engine ecu have a different software, it is possibility to change the VIN number ? bat if we change the VIN number and I make the original one from the car the software of the ecu it will change or only the software? or I can work different. thanks

My Cars
    mini cooper r56
    the best way especially for these old ecus is to take ecu out of the car and change vin.But you need experience.

My Cars
    2007 BMW E90 320D M
    Quote Originally Posted by bearheroes View Post
    yes.you can do it via OBD2 or read the key directly from CAS.but this needs to get out of the car the CAS module.I don't know the price of the software you posted but there are very cheap programs and interfaces.I don't post because maybe they think i make promotion.
    Can anyone tell me what software I can use for an e90 from 09/2007?.
    Thank you guys
    Last edited by gmros; 05-17-2014 at 02:16 PM.

My Cars
    mini cooper r56
    Quote Originally Posted by gmros View Post
    Can anyone tell me what software I can use for an e90 from 09/2007?.
    Thank you guys
    What exactly you want to do?

My Cars
    bmw
    Hello I did a m3 motor swap and I'm have a no start issue motor dme cas and key are from the the donor car can someone help me out my
    as you can see in the image below DME shut off EKPS

My Cars
    E46 BMW 320D
    quick question.. could somebody give me step by step advice how to disable the DPF on e9x 325d ? I have mine car modified by company, but now i wanna help my friend. I have obd cable, i am familiar with ncs expert..now I am learning the winkfp...

My Cars
    316i,320is,x5,530i,x5
    Bumping up thread!
    Have some questions, installed bmwfull from internet, followed the guides about sss progman and was successful about programming dme..... but with errors , long story short my friend have e38 that had bricked dme bought another one from eBay, asked me to help, after a while with voltage and coding issues with progman I finally managed to reprogram dme, it changed to old vin number but ews and dme have trouble to communicate (got error with start values from ews), after some reading I decided to give a try with winkfp, but I have issues with inpa - I can't find uif section in it, and every time I push code section I need to pass errors 314 ediabas 0014, also winkfp is on German, downloaded bmw tools with newer version of winkfp and inpa but they have trouble like api.dll not found and so on... Some advice please, and working version of inpa winkfp would be appreciated!
    Never FAST ENOUGH

My Cars
    BMW

Used SZL CODING

Quote Originally Posted by blastmn542 View Post
    What does it say is the VIN when you read the UIF info from INPA, does it give you the old VIN # or does it show symbols such as YYYYYY in the vin area. The best thing to do is print off the UIF page from inpa so you have the ZB #'s when programming new modules, this will also give you the hardware address so you know you are programming the correct module.
    I have an issue with a BMW 750 e65 2006. SZL was replaced, used, vin mismach error code. Trying with ncs or winKFP, no luck. Getting YYYYYYY for the vin in the control module. Any ideas or help plz?

My Cars
    2004 745Li
    Quote Originally Posted by Dd1 View Post
    I have an issue with a BMW 750 e65 2006. SZL was replaced, used, vin mismach error code. Trying with ncs or winKFP, no luck. Getting YYYYYYY for the vin in the control module. Any ideas or help plz?
    I will be replacing my SZL with a used one as well. Would like info on how to change vin and program with Progman as well.

My Cars
    mini cooper r56
    Quote Originally Posted by Swif View Post
    I will be replacing my SZL with a used one as well. Would like info on how to change vin and program with Progman as well.
    You can update it, and you will have new vin...

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i Sedan
    so is it physically possible to swap a dead MSD80 DME in a 2007 e90 335i for a used DME out of a wrecker car. i realize the vin would have to be reprogrammed with WINKFP, but is it possible to align the DME and CAS modules to allow the car to start? i have a water damaged DME and clarification on this would be so much appreciated!

My Cars
    e60 m5, e60 530i

e60 dme replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ericfournier View Post
    so is it physically possible to swap a dead MSD80 DME in a 2007 e90 335i for a used DME out of a wrecker car. i realize the vin would have to be reprogrammed with WINKFP, but is it possible to align the DME and CAS modules to allow the car to start? i have a water damaged DME and clarification on this would be so much appreciated!

I am also having this same delima. I have a 04 e60 530i with what appears to be a bad dme. I have a used dme from another 04 530i. when i plug the dme in and read codes, i do not get the problems that im having with the original dme. I need to find a way to program the new/used dme to allow this car to start with it. I have heard that you have to send it off somewhere to have a chip unsoldered and the thing erased and when they send it back to you its like new. Is this all true, or is there a way with my laptop to allow the dme/cas to like each other and run this car? i have BMW tools and winkfp and not sure what to do to program it. could someone please help on this issue?

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i Sedan
    i've found that there is software called BMW Explorer that can do the job of clearing the old eeprom and re flashing it so that it the used DME will be completely cleared like a new one then u can go about changing the vin and flashing the secret key so the CAS and DME have the same secret key for the EWS immobilizer. however the software is a bit pricey. plus you need the obdII to usb connector which doesn't look like the same k + DCAN Cable used for our "normal" option flashing with NCS Expert, INPA and WINKFP. still doing more looking into this. really don't wanna buy a brand new DME because i already bought a used one off ebay.....

(edit) if someone can confirm, if i had the DME (engine Computer), CAS (Car Access System), and keys from another wrecker car then i could just program my cars VIN and VO into the new/used modules with WINKFP and eveything should work correct?
    Last edited by ericfournier; 10-02-2015 at 11:52 PM.

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    There are a lot of things you have to do and VIN in CAS has to be changed manually, by reading it with programmer.

My Cars
    2003M3 Cabrio
    Quote Originally Posted by ericfournier View Post
    Not familiar with MSD80 what processor inside but will give you some examples for other BMW ECUs, need to open the ECU and let us know what processor inside or post pictures.

MSV70 with MPC processor there is a way to clone information from the old ECU if can be still read., and transfer to used ECU need a BDM Programmer this is the easiest solution.
    Also with proper OBD interface and software Like ISN reader you can read the ISN number from used ECU and program to CAS with 912 in circuit programmer but the VIN still is incorrect in ECU. Than you will need to reprogram with WINKFP price for both programmers and software will be more expensive than new ECU

MSV80 they use a TRICOR Processor they have a OTP one time programmable area that stores the ISN and VIN you cannot change this information.
    Your only choice is to read the ISN from the used ECU with proper OBD interface and software Like ISN reader and program in to CAS with 912 in circuit programmer
    By doing that you still have the issue of wrong VIN in the ECU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kptkid48 View Post
    I am also having this same delima. I have a 04 e60 530i with what appears to be a bad dme. I have a used dme from another 04 530i. when i plug the dme in and read codes, i do not get the problems that im having with the original dme. I need to find a way to program the new/used dme to allow this car to start with it. I have heard that you have to send it off somewhere to have a chip unsoldered and the thing erased and when they send it back to you its like new. Is this all true, or is there a way with my laptop to allow the dme/cas to like each other and run this car? i have BMW tools and winkfp and not sure what to do to program it. could someone please help on this issue?
    In your vehicle most likely you have a MS45 ECU that ECU has a MPC Processor there is a way to clone information from the old ECU if can be still read., and transfer to used ECU need a BDM Programmer this is the easiest solution.
    Also with proper OBD interface and software Like ISN reader you can read the ISN number from used ECU and program to CAS with 912 in circuit programmer but the VIN still is incorrect in ECU. Than you will need to reprogram with WINKFP price for both programmers and software will be more expensive than new ECU
    Last edited by MsRedM3; 10-03-2015 at 02:06 PM.

My Cars
    1995 bwm 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRedM3 View Post
    Not familiar with MSD80 what processor inside but will give you some examples for other BMW ECUs, need to open the ECU and let us know what processor inside or post pictures.

MSV70 with MPC processor there is a way to clone information from the old ECU if can be still read., and transfer to used ECU need a BDM Programmer this is the easiest solution.

MSV80 they use a TRICOR Processor they have a OTP one time programmable area that stores the ISN and VIN you cannot change this information.
    Your only choice is to read the ISN from the used ECU with proper OBD interface and software Like ISN reader and program in to CAS with 912 in circuit programmer
    By doing that you still have the issue of wrong VIN in the ECU.
    just opened my MSD80 and the processor inside is an
    INFINOEN TriCore sak - tc1796 - 256f150e
    BC
    infineon'03
    ZA622003EA4

so by the very design of the hardware on the MSD80 DME the ISN CAN NOT be changed. Correct?

so my easiest option would be to buy a brand new DME.

second option is to get a used DME and CAS modules from the same vehicle and try to manually reprogram the vehicle order of the CAS with sss/program and change the VIN of the DME and CAS with WINKFP

is that correct? sorry if my information is off i'm still learning about all the programming software and what does what

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    MSV70 has MPC inside and can be cloned, but MSV80 from 2007 on has Tricore. ALL MSD80 and later have Tricore inside. 3rd and easiest way, if one has the proper equipment, is to read the 128 bit ISN from Tricore and just change it in CAS. Even if DME/DDE has wrong VIN stored inside this is not a problem. It will not trigger any codes or cause some components to not work properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MsRedM3 View Post
    In your vehicle most likely you have a MS45 ECU that ECU has a MPC Processor there is a way to clone information from the old ECU if can be still read., and transfer to used ECU need a BDM Programmer this is the easiest solution.
    BDM100 is ~$25, R260 is ~$150 and K+DCAN cable is ~$30. This is not even half of a new DME. BUT, the skills are the key here, not the equipment. There is always an option to send the original CAS and replacement DME to someone with the proper knowledge and equipment. The "switch" could be done on the table very easy.

My Cars
    1995 bwm 318ti
    so bawareca i read over at BoostAddict that you have indeed successfully swapped a used MSD80 in a 2008 535i. and you did this by reading the ISN from the MSD80 and the wrote the ISN from the used MSD80 to the CAS module in the car. i am correct about that?

MSV70 has MPC inside and can be cloned, but MSV80 from 2007 on has Tricore. ALL MSD80 and later have Tricore inside. 3rd and easiest way, if one has the proper equipment, is to read the 128 bit ISN from Tricore and just change it in CAS. Even if DME/DDE has wrong VIN stored inside this is not a problem. It will not trigger any codes or cause some components to not work properly.
    and the equipment you used to do that was
    BDM100 is ~$25, R260 is ~$150 and K+DCAN cable is ~$30
    i have all this correct?

PS. i am also ericfournier a few posts ago. for some reason my web browser signed me out of that account and into this one which is an old one but i figured since ive already posted a few posts under this user name id keep it for now to avoid confusion about whos talking to who
    Last edited by eric49a; 10-03-2015 at 09:35 PM.

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    I have swapped more than one MSD80 DMEs. But it has Tricore inside and the mentioned cheap stuff cant even scratch the surface of this DME. Proper capable equipment is more like $4k+

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i Sedan
    Ah shoot! Well Then I'll have to look more Into either getting a used DME CAS and keys From the same vehicle and coding the CAS Module or just buying a brand-new dme

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Here is how it's done. Reading the ISN from my '12 X5 diesel:

My Cars
    mini cooper r56
    Everything is possible with proper tools

My Cars
    E92 335i & E60 530Xi
    My VIN # for my CCC and other related ecu's are showing the vin# as yyyyyyy in INPA. Now everyone is saying to use winFKP to update the module and the correct vin number will be written. But i dont want to attempt to update the CCC using my k/d-can usb cable.

So how can i program my correct vin # into these ecu's? I've heard updating the CCC over usb can take 10-12 hours and its veryy risky. I dont want to take the risk. It doesnt need to be updated, it works just fine. It is running on the older, non-silver style menu system, but it works just fine for me. All i want to do is correct the vin#'s! Its been bothering me for a while. I had to buy a used CCC idrive headunit off ebay. I did the basic NCSexpert coding to it and everything WORKS fine, but the vin# is not correct and i want it to be correct.

My Cars
    2007 328i coupe (E92)
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxracer1551 View Post
    My VIN # for my CCC and other related ecu's are showing the vin# as yyyyyyy in INPA. Now everyone is saying to use winFKP to update the module and the correct vin number will be written. But i dont want to attempt to update the CCC using my k/d-can usb cable.

So how can i program my correct vin # into these ecu's? I've heard updating the CCC over usb can take 10-12 hours and its veryy risky. I dont want to take the risk. It doesnt need to be updated, it works just fine. It is running on the older, non-silver style menu system, but it works just fine for me. All i want to do is correct the vin#'s! Its been bothering me for a while. I had to buy a used CCC idrive headunit off ebay. I did the basic NCSexpert coding to it and everything WORKS fine, but the vin# is not correct and i want it to be correct.
    So no easy way to correct the VIN # on a module other that a full re-flash ?

Also, does it really matter ? Car seems to be running just fine with 1 module showing VIN=0000000 and another showing VIN=ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast