Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transmission fault ...Transmission failsafe activated

My Cars
    2005 545
    Ok, my 2005 545 with 116,000 miles threw up the transmission fault light warning, have checked etc. Got to work, turned off the car and pugged in my code reader. No codes given. Started car and warning is gone. What up with that? I did have the alternator replaced a couple of weeks ago. Could it be a voltage regulation thing? Thanks.

My Cars
    BMW 530XD
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW Qatar View Post
    Hello Everyone…
    My car is 2006 BMW 525i with 53000 miles on it. I got the following message today.

“Transmission fault ...Transmission failsafe activated. Possible reduction is acceleration/ drive moderately! Have the problem checked by the nearest BMW service”

Before receiving the message I did feel that the gear shifting were slightly hard. After seeing the message I powered down the car for 5 minutes and restarted it. The message did not come again and gear shifting was smooth as normal.

Is this a serious message and did anyone else in the forum been through this??? Please share your experience.

Please note that I’ve not replaced the transmission filter or oil as BMW dealer says that transmission oil is for life and does not need to be changed. My warranty expired 1 year ago and my Water pump also went dead few months back. I can’t believe that the car is breaking after the warranty expired.
    First of all there is no LIFE TIME transsm. Oil for e60 i promis. BMW says that because they want us to change the transsmistion after few years. The same they sad to me but i again send to my friend BMW dealer and changed the transsmision oil and filter and gues what? Instead of 7 liter oil there was only 3 liter oil and the rest was all dreined.
    Second: put car to 4rth gear and chage to 5fth gear when odometer is betweeen 3200rpm and 4000rpm and see if you will get the message. (Do this while accelerating). If you get message just turn the car off, take off the key wait 5 sec. And get back.

My Cars
    2004 530i
    Hello I have an 04 530i I had the transmission warning light come and go on mine for about a month. Come to find out the alternator was over charging.

My Cars
    2006 640I
    "HELP" My 2006 640i Is giving me the Transmission Fault warning and I can't put the car in gear. Has this happened to anyone else?

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    wrong forum here in the 5 forum, 2006 640i you have, post in the 6 forum here http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/fo...2004-(E63-E64)
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    BMW 745LI
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekG View Post
    My car will throw codes and trans faults when the batt is low or dead. The other day I was driving about 40mph and all of the sudden I got "Transmission malfunction, car can shift without brake applied" or something like that, the navi screen kept resetting itself....etc so I pulled over and turned off the car for a few minutes. When I tried to restart it the battery was dead. Started using a battery tender about a month ago on the car overnight a couple times a week and haven't had any problems since.
    This is what I am experiencing exactly with my 2005 745LI....I bought the car with 124,000 mi on it.....The first day after bringing it home i get hit with a 2700 starter bill from the dealer....two days later...this transmission failsafe issue....I really need insight on repairing this and not having to go back to the dealership....The car has been inoperable longer than I have even driven it....needless to say I haven't even made my 1st car payment and am having these issues

My Cars
    1987 M6
    I echo beshannon's experience. I bought a 2006 530xi with 92k. A month or so after purchase we saw the same transmission error and experienced hard shifting a bit after that. Ultimately the shop recommendation was to replace the transmission, but thankfully we had purchased an extended warranty as well. The bill was $8000, but we paid $450 with deductible and a new battery installation/programming.

All my research on the issue has me convinced that if it had been on my dime, a rebuild of the mechatronic valve body would have resolved the issue. New parts to do the rebuild are about $800, but getting a rebuilt valve body with 1 year warranty is about $1200 (although it does not get you brand new solenoids). You do need to recode after.

Now that I have a new tranny., I plan to flush the fluid at somewhere around 60K. Who knows, maybe I will do it even sooner as a flush seems cheap, compared to doing a valve body or tranny rebuild.

Jose
    1987 M6
    Livin the dream!

My Cars
    Bmw
    Guys i had transsmision faults at e90 do anyone know what to do?? Or what to check??

My Cars
    BMW 750Lix
    I have a 2011 BMW 750LI Xdrive , my wife was driving when the transmission malfunction light came on It will stay in the same gear with no shifting. You would experience this as sluggish acceleration and higher than normal engine speed at about 35-mph and above. This happen every day when she hit the 5 mile mark, she pull over and restart the car and the car will drive fine. Can someone please help me find out what is going on.
    1: We had the transmission rebuild one week prior to get this error.
    2: Transmission valve body was rebuild. ( The mechanic told me in 20 years of rebuilding the valve body kit on BMW's he never had one to go bad. Outside of throwing that transmission error the car drove 100% better)
    . After a scan was taking the code came back as the "400625 Turbine speed sensor too low" same as code P0715.
    Last edited by ddmcneill; 05-26-2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: add information

My Cars
    2020 Mercedes S560
    Quote Originally Posted by ddmcneill View Post
    I have a 2011 BMW 750LI Xdrive , my wife was driving when the transmission malfunction light came on It will stay in the same gear with no shifting. You would experience this as sluggish acceleration and higher than normal engine speed at about 35-mph and above. This happen every day when she hit the 5 mile mark, she pull over and restart the car and the car will drive fine. Can someone please help me find out what is going on.
    1: We had the transmission rebuild one week prior to get this error.
    2: Transmission valve body was rebuild. ( The mechanic told me in 20 years of rebuilding the valve body kit on BMW's he never had one to go bad. Outside of throwing that transmission error the car drove 100% better)
    You need to take it somewhere and have the codes read, no one here can tell you for sure what is happening

My Cars
    BMW 750Lix

Error code for Transmission malfunction

. After a scan was taking the code came back as the "400625 Turbine speed sensor too low" same as code P0715.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 750li
    There is a good video of the transmission fault, transmission malfunction, gear fault, on youtube link below, and there is a separate web site that goes into details of bridge seal adapter replacement: http://transmissionfault.com
    Youtube video of the repair is here:

My Cars
    328i
    2004 545i transmission on limp mode. Rebuilt the mechatronics and drove 300 miles with no problems during a week. Now I have the limp mode and wont clear! Anyone knows what scanner to get to check codes for tranny? Thanks.

My Cars
    bmw e60
    I have a similar problem on my 2007 525xi automatic. Yesterday I was going to work, then I wanted to make an overrun and it never shift to the next gear, the engine was running at 6000 RPM... as if I was in manual mode. I then spent in manual mode and I had to go this way, the automatic mode unresponsive. When I stop and go, the transitions between gears where made painfully with a strong shot coming from the back each times... as if the differential is badly hung. At the end of my day, wanted to backward, nothing ... as if it was in neutral position. For cons, I was able to go forward , but only on the third gear and I had to go home by the highway at 30Mph at 4500RPM! Someone there had the same experience?

My Cars
    2011 BMW X3 35i
    Hello All

I have a 2011 BMW x3 35i (F25 , N55 engine) with 86000 miles on it.

and I'm experiencing similar situation.
    The car jerks between 2nd and 3rd gear and on complete stop. This happened for the first few minutes on cold day and then once the transmission is hot its all good.
    Sometimes on the cold start when I try to reverse it won't and takes few minutes to go into reverse mode.

Couple of times it gave a warning of Transmission Malfunction and car goes into limp mode (i guess to protect turbo's).
    On restart the message goes away.

Any help here will be much appreciated.
    I'm thinking of getting transmission service done on it soon.

Thanks.

My Cars
    2008 528xi
    Hi everyone. I'm new to BMW. I bought a used 2008 528xi and been driving it for a good 2 months now then suddenly I see this Trans malfunction after revving it hard to catch road speed. I felt like the transmission disengaged that time. I'm at work now so I don't know how my car will work when I get off. Any thoughts?

My Cars
    BMW
    Hello all
    I have 2004 BMW e60 530D auto 157000 miles. my gearbox had a fluid, filter, adapter, rubber seals changed. roughly 7 liters (liqui moly atf 1800) of fluid went back in. adaptations reset. I still get rough hit from 5th to 6th gear (not always). all other gears seems to be fine. scanner doest pick up any errors. any idea what could be wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12