Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

My Cars
    98 Mustang GT
    My lord...we should do a massive Enterprise project large enough to move around in.

My Cars
    6sp '05 M3 Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Uraharasan View Post
    My lord...we should do a massive Enterprise project large enough to move around in.
    Speaking as someone who made the Battlestar Galactica in MC, you must steel yourself for that kind of undertaking.

Red '05 M3 Convertible - 6sp.

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport
    Sweet, looks like a good bit o' work

The Enterprise I imported is actually large enough to walk around. Has a bunch of decks, the bridge, transporter room, etc etc. Too bad they made it back in the day when colored wool and stuff wasn't available, could've been a lot cooler. www.mcschematics.com has a lot of cool stuff. Enterprise post.

My Cars
    E30
    Bump!

Hey so MineCraft was announced to be coming to Xbox 360. I bought the Beta a while back and I was curious if there has been any news if I have to buy it AGAIN on the Xbox?

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Speede7 View Post
    Bump!

Hey so MineCraft was announced to be coming to Xbox 360. I bought the Beta a while back and I was curious if there has been any news if I have to buy it AGAIN on the Xbox?
    Nope! Luckily you can just leave the 360 version be and continue playing the PC version!

In all seriousness, of course they're going to make you buy it again. Different platform, different distributor, same old Microsoft.
    Member #5 of the unofficial Bf.c OT ĢI hate peopleģ club.

My Cars
    6sp '05 M3 Convertible
    Bump!

Why would you ever want to play this on the 360?

Red '05 M3 Convertible - 6sp.

My Cars
    E30
    My PC took a dump, and my Linux lappy seems to hate the idea of playing it. I figure I'll just use my Xbox for the time being.

I know that' M$ to charge you again, but I'm sure hoping not. Ugh..

My Cars
    2005 Ford Focus
    Quote Originally Posted by VandyS4

It doesn't seem like a console type of game. You need a mouse.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Forum Runner

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    I know its been awhile since anyone has posted in this thread but a friend of mine has just set up a server. If anyone out there wants to play but doesn't have a server to play on you can join ours. The I.P. is 98.198.105.157:25566.

We don't a lot of fancy things on it yet seeing that it is brand new but anyone is welcome to join.

My Cars
    98 Mustang GT
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerB iZz iLL View Post
    I know its been awhile since anyone has posted in this thread but a friend of mine has just set up a server. If anyone out there wants to play but doesn't have a server to play on you can join ours. The I.P. is 98.198.105.157:25566.

We don't a lot of fancy things on it yet seeing that it is brand new but anyone is welcome to join.
    Awesome. A friend and myself were both just looking for a decent server the other day. Thanks dude. =D

My Cars
    2012 VW GLI
    So, I've been looking at minecraft tutorials and I am finally able to understand the appeal of the game.

Might buy it soon.

Anyway to legally buy it for slightly cheaper than 26 bucks?

Bought it.

Server links?
    Last edited by fastfly; 09-02-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What is mind craft i head about ut but down know what it is

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tich1010 View Post
    What is mind craft i head about ut but down know what it is
    blocks brah

Quote Originally Posted by VandyS4 View Post
    I bought the mobile version. Its kind of fun to just build stuff while on the crapper.

Hell, I forgot about this game. Glad I bought it when it was in beta, re-downloading now! I stopped smoking so I don't know if I can get into it again...
    Last edited by davey101; 09-08-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by davey101 View Post
    blocks brah

I bought the mobile version. Its kind of fun to just build stuff while on the crapper.

Hell, I forgot about this game. Glad I bought it when it was in beta, re-downloading now! I stopped smoking so I don't know if I can get into it again...
    I'm still playing MC but I use the Tekkit pack installed via the Technic Mod here:
    http://www.technicpack.net/

There's electricity and EU (power) and blutricity and even nuclear reactors.

There's machines that can automate a lot and increase/decrease complexity of other things.

I've been working through each mod within the mod pack. I've a nuclear reactor (MK 1 currently turned off) because I'd rather harness solar for the moment. I've just started (last week) a coke over for railcraft. Don't really need rails anymore because of pipes and tubes and this weekend just installed a teleport machine.

Quarries are cool taking the busy work out after initial setup costs.

I've got mass fabricators now and energy condensers (started this map about 3 months ago) and terraformers are useful too.

This weekend I was futzing with my crop-matrons and finally got 1 hop plant - still no coffee though - so I'll be making beer soon.

My Cars
    TBD
    Here's a vid I just did with regard to the above:

[ame]http://youtu.be/aSLUbhzRuwU[/ame]

My Cars
    2012 VW GLI
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack
    Here's a vid I just did with regard to the above:

Video Link: http://youtu.be/aSLUbhzRuwU
    That is so above my head.

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfly View Post
    That is so above my head.
    I think you'll find that after you've played vanilla for a while that, if you're like me, you will have built this and done that, and then will be looking for something more.

Especially if you enjoy the redstone and rail components of vanilla minecraft then it's really only a matter of time until you'd like to start automating things even more.

Enjoy it your way though because it really is a great "little" game.

My Cars
    all
    tekkit looks like a lot of fun. may start playing again with that mod.

My Cars
    Bump!

Do you happen to have a wired Xbox controller? If so just plug it into your laptop, download XPadder, and it is practically the same experience without the limited Xbox features. Plus, the Xbox version automatically crafts for you if you have the proper items, where's the fun in that?

I always hated playing games with a mouse+keyboard, slow laptop, and tiny screen, and was surprised by how fluid using a controller was so it worked out pretty well for me. I just hook up an HDMI cable from laptop to TV and it's like magic

BTW I gave up Minecraft after realizing I spent 4+ hours once just mining diamonds and stuff. Kinda miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent_Vino View Post
    I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me listening in on circuits, you need me to listen in.

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport
    I love Tekkit. It really resurrected my somewhat dead interest in the game. I just wish there was a good anti grief/logging plugin that supported Tekkit properly. I use LogBlock and it doesn't catch any changes by morning stars, mercurial eye, destruction catalyst, etc.

The ComputerCraft portion of Tekkit has been the most fun for me. I also love the wiring you can do now. Bundled cable attached to a computer is very nice. I used to have one floor of my hotel dedicated to a bunch of redstone crap to operate my sign board, but now with Tekkit it's just a computer in the corner with a bundled cable coming out then breaking out to six insulated wires & wireless transmitters. So much easier

My Cars
    TBD
    Thanks, I'll have to dig a little deeper into the computercraft section because I haven't touched it (barring the wireless transmitters/receivers and some AND/NOT/OR gates ( if those are even part of computercraft)).

My Cars
    TBD
    Thanks, I'll have to dig a little deeper into the computercraft section because I haven't touched it (barring the wireless transmitters/receivers and some AND/NOT/OR gates ( if those are even part of computercraft)).

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    I've been playing this a lot on xbox. Sucks that it's so far behind the PC version though, we just got pistons last month

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    1997 840Ci
    I think there needs to be an OT Minecraft server up 24/7. Good way to get to know fellow OTers, and if we behave ourselves, we won't need a crapton of anti-griefing plugins and stuff.

My Cars
    2012 VW GLI
    Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    I think there needs to be an OT Minecraft server up 24/7. Good way to get to know fellow OTers, and if we behave ourselves, we won't need a crapton of anti-griefing plugins and stuff.
    I don't keep my computer up 24/7 else I would.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast