Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeVance View Post
    so whats gonna be different in beta? anyone know? and im assuming its completely different so my current alpha world cant be used? if so i will be sad. hopefully i get a freakin snow map this time.
    Here's a bit of info on it... I had no idea they were about to go Beta!

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441...cember-20-2010

Protip... the price is going up, and he's changing the part about all future versions being free... but only for those that buy after the Beta, ie, Dec 20th. So, if you actually like this game and are on the fence about buying it, now is the time. You've got 4 days left... for 10 euro, you'll get the full game and all future versions and updates. After that, 15 euro and you get the beta only.

I'm also curious if our current levels will carry or not... he did warn of the possibility that they wouldn't, saying "don't get too attached to them". Guess we'll see!
    Member #5 of the unofficial Bf.c OT ĢI hate peopleģ club.

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport
    I love this game. I haven't turned my TV on in two weeks thanks to it, lol. I setup a server for me and my friends to play on. If anyone wants to visit, feel free. Addy is mc.nischan.com:8000 for the regular world (where users are allowed to /give items), and port 8001 for the one I just created today (no cheats allowed). Info is at http://minecraft.nischan.com (maps and such).

We just had to fix a big problem today. Yesterday some f' wit hit a pole and took out my power and internet. Minecraft really does not like being shut down abruptly. Where the view from our spawn tower used to look like this:

...it became this suddenly:

It created random chunks of land at various spots on the map

Thank God for MCedit.

My Cars
    some crap
    apparently whenever you buy the game you wont have to pay for a new version.
    This is my Signature.

My Cars
    2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
    I love this game. I haven't turned my TV on in two weeks thanks to it, lol. I setup a server for me and my friends to play on. If anyone wants to visit, feel free. Addy is mc.nischan.com:8000 for the regular world (where users are allowed to /give items), and port 8001 for the one I just created today (no cheats allowed). Info is at http://minecraft.nischan.com (maps and such).
    8001 port won't connect

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
    "Umm, sorry guys. I am being nasally raped by a horny Oak tree at the moment. Can I get back to you on that?"

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport
    Yea, dumbass that I am I created the new game but forgot to tell the firewall

My Cars
    TBD
    My latest creations - cannot build any higher than that and it starts "in" the ocean - underwater.

Running Kaen's Megapack with 128x128 custom textures.

My Cars
    N/A
    apparently whenever you buy the game you wont have to pay for a new version.
    From the horse's mouth:

"We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20"

It's pretty clear that you won't be getting them for free.... unless you buy it before the 20th.

My Cars
    '95 M3, '99 Corolla
    well im glad i picked up mine. i just need to time to sit down and actually learn this thing.

My Cars
    some crap
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    From the horse's mouth:

"We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20"

It's pretty clear that you won't be getting them for free.... unless you buy it before the 20th.

and he updated that saying otherwise.

damn i cant find it now. it was a credible source too.

Last edited by MikeVance; 12-18-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    This is my Signature.

My Cars
    95' M3, 98' M3/4
    ^Smokey wouldn't like to see this...

I may have done the same thing trying to build my new house....

Anyone else have Minecraft lock up on them?

I just was in the middle of a 3 hour build and then it crashed. I haven't saved in hours.

My Cars
    2000 SV650s
    What is this game about? Can someone explain it to me? You build stuff and then walk around?

My Cars
    95' M3, 98' M3/4
    Quote Originally Posted by Berreta View Post
    What is this game about? Can someone explain it to me? You build stuff and then walk around?
    You are a man in this "world", you build shit. Then end.

But really youtube minecraft day 1 and it will show you how to start building a home and such.

My Cars
    2000 SV650s
    Harvest Moon was the shit. If this is anything like that I might like it.

Just looked up the game. Looks awesome.
    Last edited by Berreta; 12-18-2010 at 07:29 PM.

My Cars
    some crap
    can someone please set up a bfc survival server?
    This is my Signature.

My Cars
    2000 Ford Ranger
    Harvest Moon was the shit. If this is anything like that I might like it.

Just looked up the game. Looks awesome.
    It is very interesting. Very cool that one guy made it and I have spent more time on this than I have games with huge studios behind them.

Every once in a while, I kind of have a fuck this, this is stupid, there is no point to this game moment and quit. But I am always playing again within a couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by baykid View Post
    Can't we all just agree to hate New Jersey?
    Quote Originally Posted by synn21588 View Post
    This is inherently inherent.

PSN ID: e30bmw

Steam ID: e30Doug

My Cars
    2000 SV650s
    I'm thinking in about 10 years when computers can easily handle this game, it will be one of the most popular games in the world.

My Cars
    some crap
    I'm thinking in about 10 years when computers can easily handle this game, it will be one of the most popular games in the world.

my computer has no problem running it. its not that hard since the graphics blow.
    This is my Signature.

My Cars
    2000 SV650s
    my computer has no problem running it. its not that hard since the graphics blow.
    That's what I mean When the graphics for this game get a lot better and it's more "refined" and there's way more stuff you can do, you will need a good computer to run it.

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport
    Either you have a decent box or you are not very prone to notice lag heh. Even with the crappy graphics most of the boxes at my office have trouble with it on the best settings. I've never worked with Java but the programmers I know say it's bloated and slow; that may be why it has issues even with such rudimentary graphics. My workstation at work isn't horrible; 3.4ghz with 2GB RAM and 512MB PCI video card and the only way I can get a totally smooth lag free experience is by setting it to "tiny" view distance. Of course, I'm very sensitive to lag so it may just be me.

My Cars
    -
    and he updated that saying otherwise.

damn i cant find it now. it was a credible source too.
    Are you talking about on Twitter when he said Beta (after 12/20) users will get the full version of the game for free?

Because "future updates" includes expansions and such after release, which Alpha users will get but Beta users will not.

Though such expansions are really just a possibility, and not really planned yet. It may turn out that the final version of the game is it and Alpha users don't end up with anything extra for free.

But the language of the agreement is still changing anyway.
    Last edited by BobSalawalatski; 12-19-2010 at 12:54 PM.

My Cars
    2000 SV650s
    I want to buy this game but I will never buy anything over the internet with a credit card. Is there any other way to get it?

My Cars
    TBD
    I want to buy this game but I will never buy anything over the internet with a credit card. Is there any other way to get it?
    Using a CC on the internet (reputable site) is very safe.

If they bill you more you can just dispute it and it's very easily taken care of.

I refuse to use any other form of payment on the net.

Just make sure you don't shop on over an unsecure network (hotel, airport, starbucks etc) where you have no idea who's possibly sniffing network packets.

My Cars
    -
    Paypal

I don't have any accounts linked to mine and it worked fine.

My Cars
    2000 SV650s
    I guess Paypal is the way. It's going to take probably 2 weeks though for it all to go through using Paypal because I have to put money in first, then it has to take 2-4 more days for it to go through, and blah blah. I hate buying shit over the internet...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fjAGuo3TfU&feature=related[/ame]
    Last edited by Berreta; 12-19-2010 at 04:03 PM.

My Cars
    N/A
    You'd be surprised how taxing this game can really be... my main rig can run it fine, but my "gaming laptop", which runs MW2 without a hiccup actually struggles hard with Minecraft. I have to set the fog to the second lowest in order to even play it.

There's a lot of geometry to calculate, so you need a semi-competent GPU to play this game smoothly.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast