BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1972 BMW 2002tii slicktop in Michigan..

My Cars
    E36 M3 sedan, e93, S1000

1972 BMW 2002tii slicktop in Michigan..

I just put the car on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290505998130

1972 BMW 2002 tii, runs and drives great, no sunroof.

Very solid car, needs body work.

This is the early '72 with 121 head with 9.5 compression ratio and plastic intake tubes - the collectable one.

Rear shock towers and frame rails are very clean!

This car is an easy project for someone with the means to get some sheet metal work and paint done. Previous owner bought this car in Florida in 1998 and brought it up here to Michigan. It was an east coast car for the first 26 years of its life so it is showing typical 2002 rust but nothing compared to the extent of rust you see on any of these in Michigan.

I have a 3 inch thick folder full of receipts dating back almost since new. Even have the original window sticker. The car is mechanically excellent. It has a freshly rebuilt trans, brand new guibo and center bearing and a remanufactured driveshaft. Suspension is super solid. Brakes are excellent with the exception of some corrosion on the rotors from sitting. Engine has a brand new distributor, coil, and Pertronix electronic ignition. New exhaust manifold and with all fasteners and heat shield. Many new gaskets and seals. Newer Ansa exhaust. Even with the 3 year old gas in the car it fires right up and runs smoothly. Plenty of power under acceleration. I don’t have recent compression numbers, but I could get them. Suffice to say it runs very strong! This is the only tii I’ve driven, but I’ve had a couple standard 2002’s in the past and this thing is MUCH quicker than those. The cold start and warm up systems could use some adjusting. It is a little hard to start when cold but nothing some tweaking wouldn’t fix. A fresh tank of gas would probably do wonders as well.

It has E21 aluminum wheels with fairly new Pirell's. As you can see its got some really cool Recaro buckets in good condition. New shift knob and boot, and a cool older Nardi steering wheel in good shape.

The previous owner has removed all the trim, glass, and interior items to prepare to have the body work and paint done. All these items are included with the sale. All is pictured except for the front and rear glass because I couldn’t get them down from my rafters by myself. Also new windshield washer squirters, and some other new parts are included. The car is in awesome shape from the doors forward. It has a couple holes in the floor, the worse being by the gas pedal. The rockers, rear window frames, and quarters will need work. As well as some light repairs in the trunk.

A lot more pics are available, just ask me what you'd like to see.

To complete the car you will need a full rubber molding and seal kit and a carpet kit, everything else is there.

As I’ve said the car can be driven and runs great, but there is no glass or door seals so don’t plan to drive it across the country.

I bought this car with the intention of finishing it myself, but I am in the process of moving and I just don’t have the space or funds to finish the project right now.

Clean Michigan title.

Pics Here: http://gallery.me.com/isolatos#10042...lack&view=grid

My Cars
    1996 850ci

Question

Do you have a price range in mind?

My Cars
    E36 M3 sedan, e93, S1000
    It got bid to $2800 on eBay last time but I let the winner out of the deal due to a personal issue on his end. I really want $3000 for it. I have a local guy coming to look at it tomorrow. Feel free to call me at (313)477-0033 thanks, brian