Thread: BMW 2002 questions

My Cars
    323i

BMW 2002 questions

I have 2 questions. I just bought a 1974 2002 it has a testarossa kit on it like a Ferrari. It is molded almost perfectly to it like it is suppose to be there. The guy I bought it from said it was a special package. I wanted to ask you guys if there was a special edition or anything with a kit like this stock for the 2002?
    My second question is can some one put up the fluid capacities for the oil, differential, and automatic transmission as well as what fluids need to be used for the automatic transmission and differential. I did not want to buy newer ATF spec if it will mess the transmission up.

My Cars
    8 BMW's & a Ford p/u
    is this a joke? are you sure you bought a BMW 2002? no, there was never any such testarossa or ferrari package for a 2002. and it's a slushbox? LOL!

you gotta post pics of this thing.

My Cars
    1974 BMW 2002
    [QUOTE=rxbahamut;20810928]...The guy I bought it from said it was a special package...QUOTE]

I'm sure it is quite the special package. One of a kind for sure. I'm curious about it. Let's see some pics of this thing.
    Built to be driven!

My Cars
    323i
    I doubted it was a special package, but for $500 it is just a project car for me and my son to work on. Let me get some pictures and I will send them. Do you go into the advance button next to post quick reply to put up pictures? Also do you guys know the oil capacity how many quarts it takes? I am going to go a head and do a tune up and change all the fluids.

My Cars
    95 m3,95 325is, 2002
    please post pics!

My Cars
    323i
    Here is a picture it only added one I think. I will send another in a minute.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    323i
    Here is another of the side with the gills.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    95 m3,95 325is, 2002
    Wow , flashback for the 80s , Get a grinder and take that off, Some retro 80s guy might be into the centra rims!

My Cars
    '73 ///M2, '85 ///M635
    Buy 5 quarts 20w-50. Takes a bit less (and you'll probably be topping it up!). Best to use Mann or Mahle filters IMO. The S14 filter will withstand higher oil pressure (88-91 M3).

Cheers,

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rxbahamut View Post
    I doubted it was a special package, but for $500 it is just a project car for me and my son to work on. Let me get some pictures and I will send them. Do you go into the advance button next to post quick reply to put up pictures? Also do you guys know the oil capacity how many quarts it takes? I am going to go a head and do a tune up and change all the fluids.

My Cars
    323i
    Quote Originally Posted by bondovw View Post
    Wow , flashback for the 80s , Get a grinder and take that off, Some retro 80s guy might be into the centra rims!
    I was going to take them off anyway. I just hope that there is not much rust under them.

Quote Originally Posted by rlkrlk View Post
    Buy 5 quarts 20w-50. Takes a bit less (and you'll probably be topping it up!). Best to use Mann or Mahle filters IMO. The S14 filter will withstand higher oil pressure (88-91 M3).

Cheers,

Ray
    Thanks Ray for the information. I am going out today to get the oil and filter. I know most auto part places around me don't carry the Mann filters. Do you think the BMW dealership would have a filter for a older car like this?
    Last edited by rxbahamut; 11-30-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1974 BMW 2002
    Do you think the BMW dealership would have a filter for a older car like this?
    I've been able to get oil filters at my local parts store (O'Reilly's Auto Parts). I know they aren't everywhere, but I would check with your local auto parts store.
    Built to be driven!

My Cars
    The car should take less than 4 quarts, and you can get a filter at any autoparts store. Wix and Bosch are 2 good brands you can get at most stores.

1997 Dodge Ram

My Cars
    1976 BMW 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic01101011 View Post
    The car should take less than 4 quarts, and you can get a filter at any autoparts store. Wix and Bosch are 2 good brands you can get at most stores.

Be careful...not all filters are equal. There has been issues with a filter not having a high pressure valve...i fits...but can literally explode leaving you at the minimum stranded...
    My 2002 project.....
    http://www.project2002.com

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue | 9.5:1 Pistons | Ireland headers | Weber 38/38 Carb | Tii Dist. | Pertronix Ignition | 284 Cam | Ireland Stage II Springs | Bilstein Sport Shocks | 14" BBS RZ Rims | E21 Recaro Seats

My Cars
    323i
    Quote Originally Posted by newport2002 View Post
    Be careful...not all filters are equal. There has been issues with a filter not having a high pressure valve...i fits...but can literally explode leaving you at the minimum stranded...
    I never knew that. I bought a napa gold do you think it is alright for this car? I usually buy the Napa Gold or puralator filters at part stores.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by rxbahamut View Post
    I never knew that. I bought a napa gold do you think it is alright for this car? I usually buy the Napa Gold or puralator filters at part stores.
    I believe Napa gold is made by Wix, in which case you should be fine. I have used Wix filters in my 2002 with great success.

1997 Dodge Ram

My Cars
    1974 BMW 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic01101011 View Post
    I believe Napa gold is made by Wix, in which case you should be fine. I have used Wix filters in my 2002 with great success.
    I run a Wix oil filter on mine. No problems.
    Built to be driven!

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5, 76 M2, 16 M3
    I know of one club racer who uses NAPA filters for his '02.

My Cars
    74 2002Lux, 2002 M Roadst
    Oil capacity is approx 4.5 quarts with filter change.
    Earl
    74 02Lux
    02 M Roadster
    72 Volvo 1800ES