Thread: It's Black Friday Week! SAVE 15% - Free Shipping & Holiday Specials

My Cars
    928, 924dp

It's Black Friday Week! SAVE 15% - Free Shipping & Holiday Specials

Bimmerforum Members,

Here's the link to our email newsletter mailed earlier in the week with a special savings promocode to save 15% on most items over $75. Sign up for our email newsletter or Facebook page so you don't miss out on the specials too!

Promocode: BlackFriday

Email Newsletter Link

Happy Holidays!

My Cars
    SpecE46, 99LS/M3, 07GMC
    Awesome, made an order!

My Cars
    95M3:03S6:06F250PSD
    order placed :-)
    Matt Williams -
    Current - 01 LSB M3
    Past - #21 GTS-3 -
    95 Alpine White/Yellow M3 - Stock, except for the stuff that isn't

My Cars
    2003 ZHP 6MT, 1997 M345
    Do you have the Level 1 Lemons package without the helmet? Or if I order the whole Lemons package with the helmet by Dec 3, do I get both 15% off and free ground shipping?

My Cars
    928, 924dp
    Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Do you have the Level 1 Lemons package without the helmet? Or if I order the whole Lemons package with the helmet by Dec 3, do I get both 15% off and free ground shipping?

If you add the Lemons Package to your shopping cart, the promocode will not work on it. This item is already discounted and is not available for further discounts.

My Cars
    2003 ZHP 6MT, 1997 M345
    Hey a few noob questions about head and neck restraints:

• Can I use the HANS with a stock seat and 4-point Quick-Fit harness? This is the regular Schroth Quick-Fit, not the Quick-Fit Pro, which advertises itself as HANS-compatible.
    • Do any of the other two H&NR devices you sell work with stock seats and stock 3-point seat belts? Or do I need to get a roll bar and racing seat before I consider a H&NR device?
    • Is it okay to use a H&NR with stock airbags, or only with racing steering wheel that does not have an airbag?

About the Lemons package: I have a large head and am somewhere between a L and XL helmet size. My current helmet is a "L" but is very snug. (The XL in that model was too loose.) If I buy the Lemons package and the helmet is the wrong size, can I exchange the helmet for a larger or smaller one?

My Cars
    928, 924dp
    The HANS relies on the shoulder belts that lay over the yolks of the restraint. The only SchrothQuick-fit model that works is the Quick-fit PRO - this is designed for use specifically with the HANS.

The only H&NR we sell that can be used in a stock seat with a stock 3-point belt is the Safety Solutions R3. This unit works as a cantilever with the body. Also good for instructors jumping from car to car since some DE students don't have the full racing seat/harnessbelt setup, just stock.

Regarding HANS with an airbag, it probably depends how close you sit to the steering wheel and how far your airbag would deploy if in an accident. If you are using stock OEM harnesses with an R3, your entire body will probably go further forward compared to using a 5 or 6 point belt, but there are no yolks coming over the shoulders like the HANS Device.

I tried to check the hansdevice.com website but they have it down for maintenance. I don't want to misquote but am not aware of any issues using a HANS and air bag. We have a lot of customers us them in their stock vehicles with racing seats & harnesses with the airbag in the steering wheel.

Hope this helps.

PS: If you order a helmet from us and it doesn't fit, it can be exchanged as long as it is in new condition and not used. No restock fee, you only pay shipping charges. Call us if you need to exchange and we can get the process going for you. Check the helmet size charts - a large in one brand will fit different than a large in another. The brands run somewhat different. Or feel free to call us with sizing questions.

OMP is introducing a new line called OMP Sport geared toward the Lemons/Chump Car racers. The OMP Sport line will be available sometime starting in January/February of 2011. Some very nice, great quality items for the racers on a budget.

Here's a link with suits/gloves/boots - nomex is being added shortly:

http://www.apexperformance.net/cartg....asp?brand=126
    Last edited by ApexPerf; 12-07-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2003 ZHP 6MT, 1997 M345
    Thanks for the advice and for answering my questions over the phone today. Order placed.