Thread: FI cured my oil consumption problem. LOL.

My Cars
    see sig

FI cured my oil consumption problem. LOL.

when I bought the car 1.5 yr ago, I changed the oil with M1 10-30 right away. I noticed some oil consumption. maybe 1 qt every 3k miles. Then I changed the oil 4k later and used amsoil 10-30. Consumption remains the same. switch to amsoil 0-30. it increased to about 1 qt every 1500 miles.

Another 7k rolls by I put in M1 5-30. I change filters every 3-4k and top off regardless of oil change interval. with M1 the oil consumption gets worst. 1 qt every 1k miles or so.

then I install a blower and changed the oil back to amsoil 0-30. I've got 2k on this oil so far. Including 1 track day, dyno runs and lots of short trips thrown in. so far almost zero oil consumption. oil level is still at the same spot.

I guess boost is helping the rings seat better.....
    Alan

2006 325i
    2015 M3

My Cars
    '99 e36 M3
    Or else, the increase in exhaust back pressure from the turbo is a factor??

Others seem to disagree with this theory.

Regards, Doug

1999 BMW e36 M3 Coupe … Summary of Improvements:
    Handling … 1. BMW X-Brace 2. UUC front shock tower brace (‘StrutBarbarian’) 3. H&R OE Sport springs 4. Koni Single-Adjustable shock absorbers 5. JT Designs rear shock mounts 6. JT Designs RTAB shims 7. UUC transmission mounts and aluminum mount enforcers 8. AC Schnitzer Type III 18s
    Power … 1. Dinan / Vortech (V2) supercharger @ 7psi 2. UUC lightweight flywheel (Stage II) with e34 M5 clutch 3. Active Autowerkes Gen III stainless cat-back exhaust
    Ergonomics … 1. UUC short shift kit with ERK and clutch stop 2. Hamann aluminum pedal set and dead pedal 3. AA polished aluminum stuff 4. Eastern Motorwerks gauge set with JT Designs oil distribution block 5. Nakamichi CD-45Z, Focal speakers and PPI amplifier 6. ZKW euro-ellipsoids with Phillips/Ultinon 6000K HID 7. Fischer stainless brake lines

My Cars
    '07 530i
    Alan,
    Can you tell me what was included in the SC and wheather it's safe to drive the car without tunning it ? How difficult was the install and how different does it fee to drive Last thing is how much did it cost you with and witout installed ? Thanks
    Later, Yasir
    Available: 101 performance projects for your 3 series BMW '82-'00

My Cars
    '99 e36 M3
    Whoops ... I now see that you have a SC not a turbo ... I was confused by the picture in your border ... interesting that the SC improved oil consumption??

1999 BMW e36 M3 Coupe … Summary of Improvements:
    Handling … 1. BMW X-Brace 2. UUC front shock tower brace (‘StrutBarbarian’) 3. H&R OE Sport springs 4. Koni Single-Adjustable shock absorbers 5. JT Designs rear shock mounts 6. JT Designs RTAB shims 7. UUC transmission mounts and aluminum mount enforcers 8. AC Schnitzer Type III 18s
    Power … 1. Dinan / Vortech (V2) supercharger @ 7psi 2. UUC lightweight flywheel (Stage II) with e34 M5 clutch 3. Active Autowerkes Gen III stainless cat-back exhaust
    Ergonomics … 1. UUC short shift kit with ERK and clutch stop 2. Hamann aluminum pedal set and dead pedal 3. AA polished aluminum stuff 4. Eastern Motorwerks gauge set with JT Designs oil distribution block 5. Nakamichi CD-45Z, Focal speakers and PPI amplifier 6. ZKW euro-ellipsoids with Phillips/Ultinon 6000K HID 7. Fischer stainless brake lines