Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ISC Coilover Intro Sale/Group Buy

My Cars
    2001 M5, 2000 M Roadster

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AJW Performance View Post
    Thanks for the detailed review Drew, glad you like them.

Ill send you out some new spanner tools today as well, and sorry the labeling was my fault!

What are you running for dampening now on the street?
    Thanks Andrew!

I cant remember which side is 0, hard or soft.
    I am 10 clicks from softest. I may soften the front 2 clicks.

I did not cut access holes in the trunk liner material for the rear adjusters. Is it ok for that material to rest on the adjusters? can any harm come from slight pressure on those adjusters?

My Cars
    96 Cosmo M3
    I installed my coilovers yesterday. Pretty much straight forward install. Only took a couple of hours.

The labels on the lower half of my front suspension was labeled backwards as well. No big deal tho.

In order to make sure everything was even i set everything up based on measurements. It was the best way i could think of to get it all right.
    I initially turned my clickers to 16 front and rear which is in the middle. Ride was a little rough and i wasnt impressed. Today i backed them down to 6 front and rear and it ride a million times better.

I have the front set up exactly where i want for it to be. I personally believe that the rear springs are to tall. I had them set all the way down with the shock adjusted all the way up and it looked almost stock height. I took the rear apart again and took the adjusters off completely. Now the spring is sitting on the threaded sleve to help keep the spring in place. Its low but it would be nice if i could go a little bit lower in the rear.

With a few more miles on the road I will be able to give a better review of how the suspension feels.

My Cars
    99" 996 C4, 07"Legacy gt
    Looks good I like those wheels.
    The rears will settle a great deal over the next few days I can assure you, lowendboy experienced this too as well I believe.

My Cars
    wish it was 1 of each
    hhmmm, that's weird. when I first installed my suspension, I did not know and lowered my car soo much that my rear rims were tucking pretty good and im riding on 18s. at the moment, im almost all the way up and my tires are tucking. I have to lower my font end a little more though. Ill have pics up soon. like you I also went by measurements, there is just no other way.

My Cars
    96 Cosmo M3
    I've dialed the front up two clicks so now im sitting at 8 front 6 rear (0 being the softest). I believe for me this is a good set up. I may play with it a little more but im happy where i am at the moment.

E Fanatic; my wheels are 19's and im barely tucking the tire. I have the shock adjusted as far up as it will go. I removed the adjuster collar on the rear threaded sleeve and have the spring sitting on the bottom of the adjuster sleeve. I did install the rear springs with the oem spring pads. I didn't want to hear a bunch of clunking with the rear spring moving around. Do you think having those in there make that much of an impact?

I will try and get some pictures of how i have the rear set up.

My Cars
    wish it was 1 of each
    I believe having the spring pad on there is your problem. I took mine off and have not had any problems at all. No funny noises or anything. I also have the rear adjuster at 4 turns from full lock.

My Cars
    99" 996 C4, 07"Legacy gt
    Quote Originally Posted by E Fanatic View Post
    I believe having the spring pad on there is your problem. I took mine off and have not had any problems at all. No funny noises or anything. I also have the rear adjuster at 4 turns from full lock.
    this is the reason

My Cars
    E36 BMW M3
    Can you please PM me a total price shipped to Canada?

Thanks!

1998 BMW M3/4 | Koni Adjustable | H&R Race | X-Brace | Bosch Ellipsoids | DDE Lightning Titanium CWP | XTEC 5000K HID | Conforti CAI | Remus Racing Exhaust | MaxVelocity GTR Lip | 18" Black AC Schnitzer Type II | Brembo Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS pads | Stoptech SS Brakelines | Nakamichi CD-300 | Tang Band Subs | Focal Polyglass | 2 x MB Quart RAA2400 | Project Technik.com
    M3 SEDAN CLUB #31

My Cars
    '97 328/4/5
    Maybe I've missed it but what's the e36 Track/Race spring rate?

My Cars
    528it e36m3 88 911
    pricing for an e39 540?

My Cars
    Techno M3/4/5
    these look like BC nockoffs

My Cars
    99" 996 C4, 07"Legacy gt
    Quote Originally Posted by M3@Apex View Post
    Can you please PM me a total price shipped to Canada?

Thanks!
    Sure thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoney10 View Post
    these look like BC nockoffs
    They have same features, but are not "nockoffs". There are many knockoffs made in BC Racing factory, as well as other brands like Megan, etc... ISC is self made, they are also serviced and rebuilt about an hour south of you from Boston.
    Last edited by AJW Performance; 02-28-2011 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    a couple M's
    Got mine today, Installing tomorrow. Cant Wait!

My Cars
    99" 996 C4, 07"Legacy gt
    thanks for posting. def take some pics one you get them installed and they settle

My Cars
    1994 bmw 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by synergy141 View Post
    Got mine today, Installing tomorrow. Cant Wait!

let me know what you think. i'm getting mine this month as well
    Quote Originally Posted by nathancarter View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Next time a woman backs me into a corner and starts making sexual advances, I won't hold back from beating her senseless.

My Cars
    E36 M3/4/5
    How much for ths shipped to Puerto Rico? Zipcode is 00778
    Cosmos Schwarz ///M3/4/5...

"MONEY CAN'T BUY TASTE"

My Cars
    99" 996 C4, 07"Legacy gt
    Sending PM!

My Cars
    '97 328/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by AJW Performance View Post
    Sending PM!
    What's the spring rates of the e36 race/track setup?

My Cars
    E34 -> E36 -> E90
    Quote Originally Posted by speedminded View Post
    What's the spring rates of the e36 race/track setup?
    +1

My Cars
    2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC
    Is the intro price on the first page still on? And price shipped to T6W 1T1?
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

My Cars
    e36 M3
    96 m3 coupe price for streets?

My Cars
    a couple M's
    Ok, so I installed these coilovers and I'm pretty impressed with the end result. I cannot compare them to other coilover brands because I have not experienced another e36 with coilovers. But compared to the stock strut/H&R race setup these coilovers are FAR better. I can say that the dampening does work well. At first I had it set it max hard and then when I cranked it down to soft I noticed the difference right away. The only thing that was bad were the instructions. I had to follow another members post (lowendboy) In the pictures the rear is lowered to the max and the fronts have another 1" to lower but I can't lower it all the way because my 18's still rub a bit at it's current height. The height it is at now is a bit lower than the H&R race springs because I had no rubbing issues with them.

Last edited by synergy141; 03-04-2011 at 07:15 PM.

My Cars
    2001 M5, 2000 M Roadster
    Synergy141, I like the stance. Did you remove the lock ring from the rear coil setup or is that lock ring at the lowest setting?

I wish any of you that have installed these ISC coil overs would post some alignment specs. I want to know how much caster is actually lost when you install the front coil overs in the traditional position.

My Cars
    a couple M's
    Quote Originally Posted by lowendboy View Post
    Synergy141, I like the stance. Did you remove the lock ring from the rear coil setup or is that lock ring at the lowest setting?

Yes the rear is at it's lowest setting. I followed your instuctions in your above post. It was very helpful Thanks!
    Last edited by synergy141; 03-07-2011 at 11:46 AM.

My Cars
    99" 996 C4, 07"Legacy gt
    Looking good!! We sent ISC a new guide on how to install the coilovers because we realize that it is lacking.

We are here for all our customers, call us anytime for input on how to install these, or help adjusting them.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast