Thread: Auto to Manual conversion help -Formerly "I hit John Teshs' M3 with my 325i, pics..."

My Cars
    Too Many, Too Few

I hit John Teshs' M3 with my 325i, pics...

Pleas read it and help me please, isnt that what these forums are for anyways?

I have a 92 325i Auto and I am swapping in a trans from a 98 323

I need to know the part # for the newer style plug (male)that plugs into the back of the trans.(the Main big plug from the comp.)

My old wiring has the same number of pins but the plug type is different(screws on differently)

please could someone look underneath thier car and get the part # for me!!!!!!!!!!

I've done the search, I've looked through the ETK software, and I've called BMW.I've even tried to look under starngers cars in the street.

Thanks

(If someone still has this plug from a manual tranny swap, that would be great to)
    Hope I don't blow it up, again!

My Cars
    E36
    your thread title makes no sense

My Cars
    uma E36 325 vermelho
    Originally posted by Loud_TIGER
    your thread title makes no sense
    I guess it was an attempt to make us read this thread... I fell for it.
    What would Crockett and Tubbs do?

1994 E36 Hellrot/Black 325is
    2007 E92 Jet Black/Saddle Brown 335i

My Cars
    1995 325i, 2007 335i
    if u hit john tesh he deserved it for all the songs he put out
    1995 325i Automatic-283+k Miles-Dinan Engine and Tranny software-PRM Intake w/ECIS Heatshield-HKS Klasse Exhaust-Motorsport X-Brace-Sparco Strut Tower Bar-M3 Rear Sway Bar-UUC Tranny Mounts and Enforcers-InPro Ellipsoids w/Umnitza DDE Angel Eyes-M3 Oem Front-M3 Side Skirts-M3 Trunk Lip-M3 Rear Bumper-ACSchnitzer Roof Spoiler-18'' Hamann HM2

Quotes: "Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill"

"No Fat girls please, my car will scrape"

My Cars
    Too Many, Too Few
    I'm begining to think that this Forum is crap, I think i'll sell my Bimmer and buy another VW simply beacuse the forums are better eg: vwvortex

Please it will only take 2 minutes, heck if you are local i'll come by and jack you car up and peek underneath for the stupid part #

My Cars
    E36, E39, E46, E90
    Originally posted by KeithsE36325i
    I'm begining to think that this Forum is crap, I think i'll sell my Bimmer and buy another VW simply beacuse the forums are better eg: vwvortex

Please it will only take 2 minutes, heck if you are local i'll come by and jack you car up and peek underneath for the stupid part #
    It's people with that attitude and approach that make the forums that way.

At the very least, you can post a relevant subject line and not one that "tricks" people into reading it. I dont think those at VW Vortex tollerate such ignorance (yes I have owned VW's and used that forum).

My Cars
    Too Many, Too Few
    Originally posted by Rich V
    It's people with that attitude and approach that make the forums that way.

At the very least, you can post a relevant subject line and not one that "tricks" people into reading it. I dont think those at VW Vortex tollerate such ignorance (yes I have owned VW's and used that forum).

Well if you would do a quick search you would notice that I did post this same thread but with a relevant subject line and got no responses in about 4 days and I ttt'ed twice.

And while doing the search you'll see that I've posted other questions with few or no responses.

Scimitar can you do a quick check under you car, or where are you at in the bay area can I come by and get the part # I'll bring over a 6 pack!!

My Cars
    04 QC dodge ram
    just call up a local dealer and get the part number, just describe what it is, it shouldn't be that hard. i have done it many times to try and find out just what parts are called.

Tom

My Cars
    325iS
    were not here to stop you from buying a VW because our forums arent good enough, so if you want a VW go ahead and buy one

My Cars
    E46iT, MK6 TDi, Z31Chump
    Sorry you've had bad luck with posts...but it happens. No reason to post BS titles.

Find someone with an ETK (ie do a search on it) and ask if they would mind looking up the part number.

My Cars
    Cosmos 740iL Sport
    why not just have a volkswagon and a bmw. I do. I love em both!.

I use my volkswagon for winter driving and a backup car just incase

My Cars
    Bernmobile
    Ahh, that is a tough one. I have found that BMW normally does not sell many of the individual connectors. They will generally want to sell you the whole part of the harness.

You may try a wrecking yard for the part you need. I know it is a bit of a long shot.

I realize that it can be tough when no one responds to your pleas for help, but that usually means that people don't know the answer to the question you are asking. In this case, your subject line at least got attention, unfortunately most of it negative.

Good luck with your search. I wish I could help you, but I don't have a late model 323.

Bernman

M-Theory Guest
    It's because you own an e36. Most of the owners of this car are novices and the people here get annoyed with them, or simply they don't know the answer to your question, or they are jsut asses. Sorry, I don't know what to tell you to answer your question. Don't buy a VW though. Get a merc atleast. VW was Hitler's car. haha.

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    I have a 323is automatic that was converted to a 5spd.

Are you talking about the reverse light switch? Shoot me a picture of the part, I'll try and help.

If you're serious about selling your car for a vw - let me know how much for the bimmer? I have an '01 jetta 1.8T GLS that I can't wait to get rid of.

-Ron

Hey man, I'm a professional!