Thread: ADS interface partially working??

My Cars
    BMW E30 E36 E34 E39 E38

ADS interface partially working??

i got a new interface after my old obd to usb cable died. this new one i got has an option to use either the round 20 pin or the obd head. this is the exact one i picked up.

i have both a 01 obd 740i and a 95 round 20 pin only 540i. i used a serial to usb adapter to connect the interface to my lap top. i tried using carsoft on my 95 540i. it seems to work only on some things. i can get windows to open and close, erase faults, turn on the wipers, reset service lights, diag the abs module and a few other random things. however, i cant access the dme module, light module, alarm/security modules, etc. i also cant't get real time data, rpm, voltage, cps, temps, etc. it keeps saying the module is missing. i tried the same cable setup with inpa and it doesn't even recognize it it as being connected. so no batt or ign on circles. any clue as to what to check next?

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    That appears to be a Carsoft v6.5 interface....not an ADS.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    BMW E30 E36 E34 E39 E38
    sorry for my ignorance. im still fairly new to this. would this work with both inpa and carsoft using both 20pin or obd? i tried again to get it working with carsoft first. on my 01 740i, with the obd cable, i can access the engine and trans, get real time data but nothing else. with the 20pin, i can access almost all of the other modules but not engine and trans. is this normal? seems kind of stupid if thats normal or am i missing something??? it still doesnt work in inpa with either connector. i get ifh-0003 error.

My Cars
    Z3 96, Cooper 08
    I have that exact same interface. Works great with the Carsoft 6.5 SP1. I could not get it work with INPA/EDIBAS at all (on my E36/7). I ended up buying an ADS interface.