Thread: ZHP vs. stock shifter

My Cars
    11 335d, 03 325i

ZHP vs. stock shifter

So I've been on the fence for a while trying to justify $70 for a ZHP shift knob. The stock one I had felt great, but I really liked the idea of having a shorter, sportier weighted one.

Well, my shifter decided to make up my mind the other day when it flew off and hit me in the face after a particularly hard shift into second gear. Turns out one of the two plastic pieces that hold it on had broke. So, ZHP time. I took a couple comparison pictures so those of you with the stock shifters could see *exactly* what the difference was.

Overall, I have to say that the weighted ZHP knob and the stock gooseneck knob feel almost identical in weight. ZHP might way 10-15% more. However, there is also less material in the ZHP, so I guess that makes it weighted. The shift feel is a whole separate story though. The 1" difference in height makes a pretty significant difference, and it is going to take some time to get used to. I think it is a change that I will really like though. Almost like a cheap short shifter.

Overall rating would be a 9.5/10. I can't possibly thing of anything I'd like more (maybe lit? Which you can get... but it is around $170).

Strömung Exhaust // Bilstein Sport/H&R Sport Suspension // Microsuede Interior // 6000k HIDs // Cosmos V2 Intake // Manual ZF Swap // Jim Conforti Chip

My Cars
    X3,528i,
    yeah i have zhp weight shift knobs on both of my bimmers..
    2000 BMW 528i / Manual Tranny / Sport & Premium package / Xenon headlight / Sport seats / Premium sound / DSC /
    2011 BMW X3

My Cars
    '97 328i/6, '89f150
    told you that you'd love it, dude
    -ducky

My Cars
    '02 330it
    not sure if you have a ssk but I threw on a m3 shifter and a zhp knob....one of the best mods.

My Cars
    1998 Hellrot E36 *SOLD*
    I love my shift knob, I'm not really sure what shift knob it is though because it came with the car. If anyone can tell me what shift knob it is please tell me!

98 5MT Hellrot 328i SOLD
    05 5AT Jet Black 330ci ZHP CURRENT