Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WinKFP programming?

My Cars
    E91 318d
    I'm interested in that too...some says it can be done with Winkfp...but I don't know how

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3 Auto
    Since it is EGS, NCSExpert can change it?

My Cars
    740i
    just use comfort mode, choose the ecu than enter you VIN go back and than flash

My Cars
    Peguet 206,Bmw e90
    Quote Originally Posted by mauipascal
    just use comfort mode, choose the ecu than enter you VIN go back and than flash
    Ok mate;-),thank's for your info

Quote Originally Posted by saneesh8
    Since it is EGS, NCSExpert can change it?
    I don't know,i should try it;-)
    Last edited by nimametal; 10-01-2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    320D - 2005

DSC update problem

Hi guys,
    this is old thread but here I've found some relevant info, still, something is wrong here and I need some help :

Just to give you complete picture, let me explain what I've done in past and recently :
    Car is 320D, year 2005, vin ending on KT70090, I've got it as used car

Like 1-2 year ago I've bough D-KAN cable and with this came some version of DIS/SSS. Once this is installed I wanted to do some things but that didn't has options, for example to turn on DRL. By supposing that this is version problem I've updated everything possible in this moment and that was done without the problem, I clearly remember that DSC is updated as well, BO and CDC aren't obviously because this is not MOST interface.

Recently I've bough OPS clone and by opening software (Progman) I've found more options.

Well, in many way to do some changes Progman was permanently insisting to update modules and finally I've let him update ... so there is moment when everything went wrong :

Couple modules are updated, as well MOST modules (BO/CDC) but DSC failed. This always said something like 1000 CoApi generic error.

As this is not working I've checked here how to do it using WinKFP, but this fail as well, actually, now even wipers didn't stop after failed update. Will try again SSS to find is this at least can stop ...
    My last doubt is that DSC is replaced and not with orignal one and this is not writen in VO, but ... if this is ... how another software few years ago did update ? Or this one made problem actually ? Anyway, I can't use old progman anymore because new progman have updated VO.

And finally starting with relevant info if you can help me to understand what is wrong and few question :

Progman was insisting that version in DSC is "*" (unknown I guess ...) and should be 6778164
    I've checked and this file is in folder DSC81 (.\E89\data\DSC81\6778164A.0pa)

I've checked what INPA have to say about this (better to put text than picture I guess ...):
    Identification :
    ADR: 29
    Gen. name: DSC
    JobStatus: OKAY
    SGDB: DSC_87
    GROUP: D_DSC
    Part No.: 6778164
    VarI: 4842
    DiaI: 05B0
    CiI: 7
    HwI: 05
    Sw-No FSV: 4.30.12
    Based on this my questions are :
    - Is possible than DSC is not original but replaced, VO not updated and that for wrong version is writen ? Why this file is in "DSC81" and INPA say this is "DSC_87" ?
    .\E89\datan folder doesn't have any "DSC_87" file but do have couple "DSC_84" and "DSC_89"
    - Where is phisically located DSC module on E90 so I can check is this is replaced or not (I guess there would be part number ..., INPA also said this is MK60, question is : where from read that ...) ?

- What are options to reset that to previous status ? As I said before : old progman version have updated and that were working, but this progman won't update anymore because new progman have changed VO:

if I remember correctly that was : E89X-08-09-530
    now this is : E89X-10-03-501

can I in some way change this on the car in order to update DSC only or to tweak somehow old progman in order to accept working with this car ...

General computers knowledge is not a problem at all, my problem is because I don't know so much about how this software is working.
    Last edited by DejanP; 12-28-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: smile ruin data

My Cars
    2006 750i
    Can someone pm me the instructions on winkfp?

Thanks,

My Cars
    2005 BMW 745Li
    Hi Rondo, sorry Im new at this...have couple of questions:
    1. I downloaded the WinKFP pdf, however, how do I get SP Daten E65?
    2. If module taken from a another vehicle, however has same ZB#, do I still need to update VIN# on WinKFP?
    3. When you do updates on WinKFP, which VIN# do you enter, from vehicle that module came off of? or your vehicle VIN#?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12