Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    I'm glad you got it working, WayneC. Just wondering, does it work with just <supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/> (thus no build version number). If that works as well, it may be safer to use with future .NET updates in mind...

My Cars
    316 Compact
    Will give it a try with that tomorrow & let you know

My line in my last post came from M$ & I did not like having to specify the version precisely but for now it means I can test it under v4 & see if I can find any errors

Doing battle with adding my specific series into NCS at the moment my daten series folder is there & every other series shows up but not mine. Data import problem it seems

I will work it out tomorrow, it is late here

EDIT

Yes the statement works with just v4.0 <supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>

Tried using an SKU statement as M$ seemed to indicate that would also work but failed, probably syntax error on my part

M$ Info came from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w4atty68.aspx
    Last edited by WayneC; 01-09-2012 at 07:54 PM.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Thanks for the update, WayneC!

In case others want to use NCS Dummy on a system with only the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 installed, get the updated the config file - download link (278 bytes). For installation instructions see message 111 of this thread.

My Cars
    1991 325ix
    Just wanted to post and say thanks! I've been on the steep end of the learning curve for all this BMW OBDII software stuff for a couple weeks.. With the aid NCS dummy, NCSExpert was the first peice I've used sucessfully! I was able to modify the E46 M3 cluster I bought to put into an E30 (turning off stuff like DSC, SMG, tire pressure warning, etc). Unfortunately the cluster I have doesn't support nettodat coding, so I'll have to use the alternative method for custom settings, but it doesn't seem impossible.

edit: question - I'm pretty far into modifying a disassembled KMBE46M3 file. Can I add new keywords to SWTPSW06.DAT? It looks like the car I'm using goes up to 0412, is FFFF the limit? Then I wouldn't have to use "0007 wert_01" for all my custom settings..

edit2: nevermind. the answer is yes.
    Last edited by hassmaschine; 01-16-2012 at 05:07 PM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 745i
    Quote Originally Posted by macchiato66 View Post
    Hello revtor,

I am using your great app for a while now, thanks A LOT for your work!!!

Before today, I "only" used it, to get informations from the SG-files, what is possible. But now, I started modding my SG-files and even the orderoption files to create OWN orderoptions like TV_IN_MOTION for the E65 MMIGT. Just to make coding this as simple as possible via the FA (just adding +TVIM to FA and code MMIGT). I found mostly all dependencies and added them successfully! (PSWASW02.dat, E65AT.K000 etc).

But I ran into a problem on re-assembling the E65CVT.000.txt. Even if I do NOT change anything and reassemble it, it is around 30kB smaller than the original version and most of the order options (all the combined ones with !xxx in it) are lost when I use the newly assembled E65CVT.000.

Another thing I still not recognized exactly is this:
    I created a new customer order option TVIM (0241). Now in the CVT I need a new group where to decide which value will be coded. For positive decision (+TVIM in FA) its as simple as adding S0241. But how do I NEGATE this value the correct way? I found, most of the positive options, let's say S019A for AUX-input since PU06

Code:
    GRUPPE : {"AUX"} 
    AUFTRAGSAUSDRUCK : S019A // PU06 
    FSW_PSW : 109D 0007 // AUX aktiv 
    FSW_PSW : 1150 0007 // AS_HK_AMFM aktiv 
    AUFTRAGSAUSDRUCK : !9A53 // !PU06 
    FSW_PSW : 109D 000B // AUX nicht_aktiv 
    FSW_PSW : 1150 000B // AS_HK_AMFM nicht_aktiv
    So, to get the false-value (!9A53 from S019A) just <<8bit and add 53h. Just as simple as that? Or did I miss something?

As I used S0241 and !4153 the orderoption for negative value was !KM_TACHO ??? Or is this only because the new E65CVT.000 was not build correctly?

A bunch of questions, but I really hope, you'll help me out.

Kind regards
    Thomas
    aka macchiato66 in 7-forum.com
    Hi, thanks for this great app...I would like to know how to do this VIM, I also have an E65 and there is no coding procedure available to enable the video in motion but I'm sure it is controled by codes, so it should be possible. how can I change order options? and how to creat +VIM that the MMI knows what it is?

Thanks alot in advanced.

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Just noticed the new version, I like the trace editor. Is there any chance you make it so the window can be resized? Thanks revtor.

My Cars
    x3 2L 177hp diesel
    May I kindly ask to have this thread sticky? Thank you.

can anybody hep with this message:

following features is invalid fa: +kmp3
    Last edited by vince59; 02-27-2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I could show my german car but I prefer to show an italian product ...my wife's boobs

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    BLooD30: I have been thinking about a redesigned user interface where the trace editor plays a more central role, but I'm currently engaged in another (completely unrelated) project so I can't tell when I'll have time to work on that.

vince59: That doesn't look like an NCS Dummy error message. This topic is for NCS Dummy and related discussions only. I suggest you start a new topic and I strongly recommend to provide more information if you want helpful replies.

My Cars
    x3 2L 177hp diesel
    Thanks revtor...I agrre, it was a straight question but wrong place. It is an issue form a friend of mine. Thx
    I could show my german car but I prefer to show an italian product ...my wife's boobs

My Cars
    '08 BMW 535xi
    Revtor,

First, let me say THANK YOU for this awesome tool! It makes modification very easy!

Quick question regarding these comments:

Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post
    Here's something to test: Launch NCS Expert and perform the actions to read a trace file from the GM5 module ("CODIERDATEN_LESEN"). Just before clicking the "Execute job" button, note down the *.C?? module file name indicated by NCS Expert ("GM5.C04"). Then execute the job and once completed check the *.C?? module file name again. Is it still the same as before, or is it now showing the correct version ("GM5.C05")?
    In earlier instructions was said to write down the *.C??, *.IPO and *.PRG file names from the popup window in step 12. It seems however, that in some cases different files are shown after reading the module. This might also explain why several people got unresolved keywords in NCS Dummy while seemingly using the correct module. Therefore the instructions were updated to write down the file names from the main screen after reading (step 17). Hopefully this gets rid of the unresolved keyword issues. The *.IPO and *.PRG file names are not used by NCS Dummy, but it's nevertheless recommended to write these down as well. If you happen to stumble upon a module that shows different file names after reading, you may have to enter the proper file names manually in the step 12 popup window when coding.
    I ran into this when coding. After reading I had cas2.c05. After execute job it read cas3.c09. I used NCS Dummy to modify selecting cas3.c09 using trace function. Finally, I coded new .man to car and ended with it reading cas3.c09. I should have asked before hitting the execute job button but am I OK with how I proceeded?

I haven't tested the car yet. Late at night...

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimlokTT View Post
    After reading I had cas2.c05. After execute job it read cas3.c09.
    Don't you mean that before reading (executing job "CODIERDATEN_LESEN") you had "CAS2.C05" and after reading "CAS3.C09"?

Anyway, what you did is correct.

My Cars
    '08 BMW 535xi
    Don't you mean that before reading (executing job "CODIERDATEN_LESEN") you had "CAS2.C05" and after reading "CAS3.C09"?

Anyway, what you did is correct.
    Yes, exactly. Sorry I jumbled that up. Thank you for the confirmation.

My Cars
    BMW
    I found the definitive answer...

The successful reports of nettodata coding all come from newer chassis (E6x/E9x). That got me thinking... As explained in a previous message, NCS Expert would throw the "COAPI-1063: CABD-parameter error NETTODATEN_CODIEREN .......... NETTODATEN_CODIEREN") in the *.IPO file and naturally throws an error... So there was nothing wrong with my NCS Expert installation, the nettodata file, the interface, my workflow... Nettodata coding is just not supported by these older chassis/modules. Bummer ...

For chassis like the E38, E39 and E46 that isn't much of a problem because custom data coding is still possible through P.A. Soft's BMW Scanner, but older chassis like the E31, E32, E34 and E36 are out of luck.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...8&postcount=31

revtor
    Thank you for having clarified the situation with COAPI-1063 error
    I encountered the same problem and wondered what was wrong.

My Cars
    bmw x5
    the e-sysdoes not e-sysDummy?

E46in the body,when a file TV2.C02 changes, everythingcomes back....why?
    SIGNATURE : 00010001010163 02
    ---------------
    0000 - DATEINAME - S - NAME
    0001 - SGID_CODIERINDEX - B(B) - WERT,WERT2
    0002 - SGID_HARDWARENUMMER - S(S) - WERT,WERT2
    0003 - SGID_SWNUMMER - S(S) - WERT,WERT2
    0004 - SPEICHERORG - SS - STRUKTUR,TYP
    0005 - ANLIEFERZUSTAND - (B) - WERT
    0006 - CODIERDATENBLOCK - {L}LWS - BLOCKNR,WORTADR,BYTEADR,BEZEICHNUNG
    0007 - HERSTELLERDATENBLOCK - {L}LWS - BLOCKNR,WORTADR,BYTEADR,BEZEICHNUNG
    0008 - RESERVIERTDATENBLOCK - {L}LWS - BLOCKNR,WORTADR,BYTEADR,BEZEICHNUNG
    0009 - UNBELEGT1 - {L}LW{B}(B) - BLOCKNR,WORTADR,BYTEADR,INDEX,MASKE
    000A - UNBELEGT2 - (B) - WERT
    000B - KENNUNG_K - SS(S) - IDENT,WERT1,WERTN
    000C - KENNUNG_D - WW(WW) - HEXWERT1,HEXWERT2,HEXWERTN1,HEXWERTN2
    000D - KENNUNG_X - WW(WW) - HEXWERT1,HEXWERT2,HEXWERTN1,HEXWERTN2
    000E - KENNUNG_ALL - SW(W) - KENNUNG,HEXWERT1,HEXWERTN
    000F - PARZUWEISUNG_PSW2 - (B) - DATUM
    0010 - PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 - W(B) - PSW,DATUM
    0011 - PARZUWEISUNG_DIR - {L}LWW{B}(B)(A)B - BLOCKNR,WORTADR,BYTEADR,FSW,INDEX,MASKE,OPERATION, EINHEIT
    0012 - PARZUWEISUNG_FSW - {L}LWW{B}(B){B}{B} - BLOCKNR,WORTADR,BYTEADR,FSW,INDEX,MASKE,EINHEIT,IN DIVID
    ---------------
    DATEINAME : "TV2.C02"
    SGID_CODIERINDEX : 02 ()
    SPEICHERORG : "BYTE" "FREI"
    ANLIEFERZUSTAND : (00)
    CODIERDATENBLOCK : {} 00000000 0002 "Laender"
    PARZUWEISUNG_FSW : {} 00000000 0001 0685 {} (FF) {68} {} // MULTIFUNCTION_1
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 00CF (1C) // ece
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 038C (1C) // great_britain
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 0087 (1C) // us
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 008D (1C) // kanada
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 03B2 (9C) // deaktiviert
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 03B1 (9D) // aktiviert
    PARZUWEISUNG_FSW : {} 00000001 0001 0686 {} (FF) {68} {} // MULTIFUNCTION_2
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 00CF (00) // ece
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 0087 (20) // us
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 008D (20) // kanada
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 038C (10) // great_britain
    CODIERDATENBLOCK : {} 00000005 0001 "Widescreen"
    PARZUWEISUNG_FSW : {} 00000005 0001 0687 {} (FF) {68} {} // WIDESCREEN_MODI
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 038D (00) // wert_00
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 000A (01) // wert_01
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 0028 (02) // wert_02
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 0027 (04) // wert_03
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 005B (08) // wert_04
    Last edited by ARGOS; 04-08-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW
    Revtor...I downloaded the NCS for dummies 5.01 and for the life of me I cannot get to the trace editor! What do I have to do to get the trace editor to work...I was playing around with it and getting ready to code DVD in motion for the CIC module...I just randomly pic the daten file for E89 CIC.C09, made the changes to the FF...Do I physically have to have a trace file read of the CIC.C09 module from the car for the trace editor to magically appear??? Thanks

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    ARGOS: I'm really sorry, but I don't understand your question...

cn555ic: Yes, the trace editor only appears when you load a FSW/PSW or nettodata trace file. The idea is to read a trace file from the car, load it in NCS Dummy, make changes to it in the trace editor and then export it to a trace manipulation file from which you can recode the module with NCS Expert.

My Cars
    BMW
    ARGOS: I'm really sorry, but I don't understand your question...

cn555ic: Yes, the trace editor only appears when you load a FSW/PSW or nettodata trace file. The idea is to read a trace file from the car, load it in NCS Dummy, make changes to it in the trace editor and then export it to a trace manipulation file from which you can recode the module with NCS Expert.
    Revtor. Here is the thing. I already have a trace file in my work folder and I tried to view it but it would not allow me to see it. What am I doing wrong here? The trace file was from a NFRM module. Does it have to be actually a live connected connection to the car and then access to trace editor is present? The other version were not like that if that's the case
    Last edited by cn555ic; 04-09-2012 at 08:41 AM.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    cn555ic: No connection to the car is required by NCS Dummy. Can you please include a copy of the NCS Dummy log? To do so, launch NCS Dummy and reproduce the error in as few steps as possible (I mean, don't do it after performing other tasks in the application - try to keep the log short), next right click in the log area and choose "Copy Log" from the popup menu, and then paste it here in a reply.

If no error is shown, please send the trace file to and specify the chassis and exact module (not just "NFRM" but something like "FRMFA.C11").
    Last edited by revtor; 04-09-2012 at 08:52 AM.

My Cars
    BMW
    I try to load trace files but the bottom half is grayed out and it won't allow me to even load it. I will take a pic of what I mean. Very strange. It's probably me doing something really silly and dumb that I can't access the trace file but I will take pics of what I am doing that gray area of trace editing is not available.
    Last edited by cn555ic; 04-09-2012 at 09:41 AM.

My Cars
    bmw x5
    programtracefilesfor e-sys,similar to NCS Dummy.....

My Cars
    BMW
    cn555ic: No connection to the car is required by NCS Dummy. Can you please include a copy of the NCS Dummy log? To do so, launch NCS Dummy and reproduce the error in as few steps as possible (I mean, don't do it after performing other tasks in the application - try to keep the log short), next right click in the log area and choose "Copy Log" from the popup menu, and then paste it here in a reply.

If no error is shown, please send the trace file to and specify the chassis and exact module (not just "NFRM" but something like "FRMFA.C11").
    Revtor. I got it to work. I inputed the wrong module number. Everything works as advertised. Great program BTW as for disassembly and assembly of the Ediabas dates files. Thanks. Now I should be able to code CIC DVD in motion. Should I keep an old cic copy of the non edited Speed lock variables for backup in my Ediabas dates files?? What's your opinion on that??

I just converted all my CIC files from NCS daten files to the appropriate values (FF) to enable DVD in motion when I do coding for it! This program works awesome and very efficient. Now all I would need to do now is basically use the NCS to change the values on the trace value, and magically the DVD in motion is ready and avaliable...Revtor...so basically now I code the car like normal and then read module and then basically edit the trace file with NCS to enable DVD in motion and then code the car correct...My edited CIC files will be functional correct?
    Last edited by cn555ic; 04-09-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    ARGOS: Currently I have no plans in that direction.

cn555ic: If you modified the CIC file(s) as described in the disassembly chapter then, yes, all you have to do is read the FSW/PWS trace file from the car's module, edit the trace file in NCS Dummy (or manually) to set the parameters that represent value FFh, save as "FSW_PSW.MAN" trace manipulation file and recode the car with it.

In this case you can safely keep the modified CIC file(s) permanently in the NCS Expert DATEN. The default behavior has not been changed, so the modifications do not have any effect unless you explicitly specify the modified parameters in a trace file. You don't have to keep the original files in the NCS Expert DATEN (if you renamed the files, NCS Expert doesn't "see" them anyways) but I recommend to keep backups somewhere.

My Cars
    BMW
    ARGOS: Currently I have no plans in that direction.

cn555ic: If you modified the CIC file(s) as described in the disassembly chapter then, yes, all you have to do is read the FSW/PWS trace file from the car's module, edit the trace file in NCS Dummy (or manually) to set the parameters that represent value FFh, save as "FSW_PSW.MAN" trace manipulation file and recode the car with it.

In this case you can safely keep the modified CIC file(s) permanently in the NCS Expert DATEN. The default behavior has not been changed, so the modifications do not have any effect unless you explicitly specify the modified parameters in a trace file. You don't have to keep the original files in the NCS Expert DATEN (if you renamed the files, NCS Expert doesn't "see" them anyways) but I recommend to keep backups somewhere.
    Thanks Revtor. That clears things up big time. Just to make sure everything is correct, did you make a typo when you wrote value " FFh". ?????? When it comes to coding, it needs to be precise and if I need to change the values of FF to FFh let me know!

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
    Just to make sure everything is correct, did you make a typo when you wrote value " FFh". ?????? When it comes to coding, it needs to be precise and if I need to change the values of FF to FFh let me know!
    FF is the correct value to use in the disassembled file.

When mixing numeral systems things can get very confusing rapidly: When someone writes a number like 100 it's not always clear what base is used. Is it decimal 100, is it hexadecimal 100 (= decimal 256) or is it binary 100 (= decimal 4)? To cope with this problem people came up with several notations to indicate the base. Decimal numbers can be represented as 100d, 10010,... (although they are usually written without any base-indication), hexadecimal numbers can be represented as 100h, 0x100, 10016,... and binary numbers as 100b, 0b100, 1002,... It's just a matter of avoiding confusion. It has no effect on the value itself other than indicating the numeral system.

NCS Dummy doesn't specify the base to keep the output clean, but all numbers (address, mask, data,...) are hexadecimal.

My Cars
    BMW
    Okay cool. Just making sure. Thanks.

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast