Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarterX View Post
    I edited the keywords in my E60 SWTPSW05.dat file and used those new keywords in my LM2_E6X.C35 file, re-assembled them both and placed bak in the daten/E60 folder.
    When I try to read the LM2_E6X.C35 file with NCSDummy I get an unknown parameter error where the parameter is the first one in the file
    The "SWTFSW??.DAT", "SWTPSW??.DAT" and "SWTASW??.DAT" keyword files are loaded and cached in NCS Dummy when you select or change the chassis on the "Modules and Traces" tab page. The "Modules and Traces" are not aware of any changes you make through disassembly. Thus if you make changes to these keyword files without exiting NCS Dummy, you must reload the chassis to force reading them again. To do so, simply open the "Chassis" dropdown and re-select the current chassis. Alternatively you can change to another chassis and then change back, or even simply restart the application.

A similar issue occurs with the module files (like "LM2_E6X.C35"). If you disassemble, edit and re-assemble a module file that was already selected on the "Modules and Traces" tab page, you must reload that as well (reloading the chassis clears both the chassis and module caches, while reloading the module only clears the module cache).

By now you probably already exited NCS Dummy, so the next time you launch the application you should no longer get the error message.

My Cars
    2008 535xi, 2011 Z4 35is
    Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post

By now you probably already exited NCS Dummy, so the next time you launch the application you should no longer get the error message.
    yep. Working perfectly. Thanks for the detailed response.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Hey Revtor, small request:

Would it be possible to make it so that you can change the default save location? I like to save my modulefunctions files in a folder on my desktop, and it'd be nice if NCS Dummy could remember that instead of defaulting to the WORK folder. Not a big deal though

I do love the program btw, it's made life so much easier.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    A new version has been released: NCS Dummy 0.5.0.2! Refer to the first post in this topic for the download link. What's new since the last release?

0.5.0.2 (2011-09-01)
    • Default text export folder. When set, NCS Dummy will use the specified folder as default export folder for text files instead of the "WORK" or "DATEN" folder.
    • Find by parameter keyword in the Trace Editor now works.
    • DPI awareness. NCS Dummy will now scale correctly on displays with a dot pitch different from the default 96 dpi.
    • Improved usability on very low resolution displays. The application will now calculate the available screen space and if necessary resize and reposition itself accordingly.
    It was brought under my attention that NCS Dummy didn't work well on low resolution displays (like 1024x600 netbooks) or displays with a dot pitch different from the default 96 dpi (as often found on modern high end laptops). The result was a form with controls out of view, cut-off labels,... A mess. The new version is fully DPI aware and will properly scale with the dot pitch. It also calculates the available screen space to resize and reposition itself if necessary. The application has been tested at 96 dpi (100 %), 120 dpi (125 %) and 144 dpi (150 %) and resolutions as low as 800x600.

By default NCS Dummy proposes the "WORK" and "DATEN" folders for text file exports. By entering a "Path to default text export folder" on the "Options" tab, this behavior can be overridden. This is useful if you prefer to keep the text files separated from the actual trace, manipulation and assembly files. Please note that regardless of the setting this only applies to the path NCS Dummy will propose the first time you export a text file after application launch. If you decide to export to a different folder NCS Dummy will remember that folder for the next export.

I hope you will all like the new version! Enjoy!

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.
    Hi thanks for your efforts i can now use this on my tablet as well resolving the dpi issue is great thankyou..

Hi i love all the new features and very happy that it now works on my tablet as well
    cheers Rondo
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 09-01-2011 at 07:43 PM.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Awesome update Revtor, thanks!

My Cars
    325d E90
    Hi Revtor,

Thanks for that software who is very great.

Have you or can you do one french translation ?

THX.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by arnyuk View Post
    Have you or can you do one french translation ?
    Sorry but no.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    A request... Could anyone with an E32, E34 or E36 send me the nettodata trace file of the car's KMB module. I'm looking for a nettodata trace file of one of the following modules:
    • KMB_E32.C25
    • KMB_E34.C25
    • KMB_E34.C27
    • KMB_E36.C25
    • KMB_E36.C27
    All E32 and E34 use one of the above modules. For the E36 you'll have to check the coding index first. Please send the "NETTODAT.TRC" file to (include the name of the module, for example "KMB_E34.C25"). Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    06 E91 320d, 94 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by russiane39 View Post
    Revtor, great you responded. So there is my replies:
    1. To understand for what third block is needed - just open any .dat in my prog I bet -you are smart
    PS: Correct answer is sorted indexes.
    2. "ks" value is checksum value. It looks uncommon, because in Russian language checksum is "Kontrolnaya Summa"
    3. Check PM, there is some another gift for you

EH, seems this forum have no PMs here at all, so it would be gift for everyone here.
    1) Updated data2txt w/o ugly richedit search. http://storage.v12.su/data2txt14022011.rar
    2) And second new app. http://storage.v12.su/DecodeIpo13022011.rar (Guess what it does )
    Nice work.
    Would it also be possible to make a decompiler for the Inpa IPO files.?

My Cars
    E90
    hey revtor

found a bug.
    i tried to load the FRM3 files of a R56 with codingindex C31, C33, C34 and C35

got this error:

[ ] 15:51:14 Selected module "FRM3_R56.C30".
    [ ] 15:51:15 Successfully loaded 60 groups, 754 functions and 82 unoccupied blocks from "FRM3_R56.C30".

[ ] 15:51:17 Selected module "FRM3_R56.C31".
    [E] 15:51:17 An error occurred while reading "C:\NCSEXPER\DATEN\R56\FRM3_R56.C31": Unknown function keyword (11BA).
    [ ] 15:53:38 Selected module "FRM3_R56.C33".
    [E] 15:53:39 An error occurred while reading "C:\NCSEXPER\DATEN\R56\FRM3_R56.C33": Unknown function keyword (1302).
    [ ] 15:53:43 Selected module "FRM3_R56.C34".
    [E] 15:53:43 An error occurred while reading "C:\NCSEXPER\DATEN\R56\FRM3_R56.C34": Unknown function keyword (11BA).
    [ ] 15:53:44 Selected module "FRM3_R56.C35".
    [E] 15:53:44 An error occurred while reading "C:\NCSEXPER\DATEN\R56\FRM3_R56.C35": Unknown function keyword (11BA).

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    ypoc: That's not a bug. As you may know all function keywords are stored in the "SWTFSW??.DAT" file. Each keyword has an unsigned short (word) as identifier. This identifier is also referenced to from the *.C?? files. When NCS Dummy parses a *.C?? file it will cross-reference to the "SWTFSW??.DAT" function keywords file to fetch the text description of each identifier in the *.C?? file. What is happening here is that the *.C?? file contains an identifier that does not exist in the "SWTFSW??.DAT" function keywords file. This is clearly an invalid situation and NCS Dummy will throw the "Unknown function keyword" error.

I seem to have older or different daten files for the R56 than you. I do not have module "FRM3_R56.C30" and "FRM3_R56.C34", but I do have "FRM3_R56.C31", "FRM3_R56.C33" and "FRM3_R56.C35". I have no problems parsing those files. On disassembly of the "SWTFSW10.DAT" function keywords file there are indeed no identifiers "11BA" or "1302" to be found, but those are not present in my versions of "FRM3_R56.C31", "FRM3_R56.C33" and "FRM3_R56.C35" either.

I can think of only a few reasons why you get the unknown function keyword:
    1. You updated the R56 daten files but somehow forgot or missed the updated "SWTFSW10.DAT" file. Check the file dates. If the "SWTFSW10.DAT" file date is quite different from the "FRM3_R56.C??" files you probably forgot to copy it over.
    2. You modified the "FRM3_R56.C31", "FRM3_R56.C33", "FRM3_R56.C34" and "FRM3_R56.C35" files with the NCS Dummy disassembly tool and created an invalid situation. Double check your changes. If you did add the "11BA" and "1302" identifiers on purpose and did provide keywords for these in "SWTFSW10.DAT", make sure you reload the chassis in NCS Dummy or restart the application. The keyword lists are cached. More information in this post.
    3. BMW messed up again. It would not be the first time BMW provides corrupt daten files (take for example the "KMBI_E38.C12" and "ARS.C0E" files). You can fix this by adding the unknown keywords to the "SWTFSW10.DAT" file with the disassembly tool. Just provide a unique keyword like "BLAHBLAH", although I recommend to disassemble the "FRM3_R56.C??" files and find the occurrences of the "11BA" and "1302" identifiers and maybe their meaning for a more descriptive keyword. Personally I would be very cautious with coding these modules. You don't know what else is wrong with the files...

My Cars
    E90
    ah ok

yeah possible i mixed up some files
    R56 files are not actual...
    this could be the reason

will test it

edit: now it woks
    Last edited by ypoc; 09-20-2011 at 08:53 AM.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    A new version has been released: NCS Dummy 0.5.0.3! Refer to the first post in this topic for the download link. What's new since the last release?

0.5.0.3 (2011-10-26)
    • Fixed bug in Trace Editor nettodata export. In some cases the exported nettodata trace file contained incorrect addresses.

This new version is just a bug fix. No new functionality has been implemented. I was pointed at a bug in the Trace Editor that in certain conditions could cause incorrect addresses to be written to the exported nettodata trace files. This bug affected only a small number of modules and was no direct danger to the health of the modules in the car: NCS Expert trips over the incorrect addresses and refuses to write the faulty nettodata to the module.

My Cars
    2007 BMW e90 320d
    Thanks for this new version!!

My Cars
    2003 Bmw M3 Coupe
    thanks, great work

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    A new version has been released: NCS Dummy 0.5.0.4! Refer to the first post in this topic for the download link. What's new since the last release?

0.5.0.4 (2011-11-02)
    • Fixed bug in Trace Editor tree view. In some cases the tree view failed to render properly on Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems.

This new version is just a bug fix. A bug was reported where in certain conditions the Trace Editor tree view failed to render properly and showed only the last function instead of all functions. This bug only affected Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems.

My Cars
    2003 Bmw M3 Coupe
    Revtor : is it a problem that when i read out the modules from the car i names on the module files, and when i put the files into dummy it say the module files are wrong, for eks gm5.c04 on car and gm5.c05 in program...

and a diffrent quiestion, anyone know what display engine load (EML) on the akmb modul does?

and what is the diffrent between akmb and alsz i see the same modules in both..?
    Last edited by norway1980; 11-02-2011 at 05:36 PM.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by norway1980 View Post
    is it a problem that when i read out the modules from the car i names on the module files, and when i put the files into dummy it say the module files are wrong, for eks gm5.c04 on car and gm5.c05 in program...
    I have not experienced this myself, but I am told this is probably the result of software updates for these modules.

Here's something to test: Launch NCS Expert and perform the actions to read a trace file from the GM5 module ("CODIERDATEN_LESEN"). Just before clicking the "Execute job" button, note down the *.C?? module file name indicated by NCS Expert ("GM5.C04"). Then execute the job and once completed check the *.C?? module file name again. Is it still the same as before, or is it now showing the correct version ("GM5.C05")?

macchiato66 Guest
    Hello revtor,

I am using your great app for a while now, thanks A LOT for your work!!!

Before today, I "only" used it, to get informations from the SG-files, what is possible. But now, I started modding my SG-files and even the orderoption files to create OWN orderoptions like TV_IN_MOTION for the E65 MMIGT. Just to make coding this as simple as possible via the FA (just adding +TVIM to FA and code MMIGT). I found mostly all dependencies and added them successfully! (PSWASW02.dat, E65AT.K000 etc).

But I ran into a problem on re-assembling the E65CVT.000.txt. Even if I do NOT change anything and reassemble it, it is around 30kB smaller than the original version and most of the order options (all the combined ones with !xxx in it) are lost when I use the newly assembled E65CVT.000.

Another thing I still not recognized exactly is this:
    I created a new customer order option TVIM (0241). Now in the CVT I need a new group where to decide which value will be coded. For positive decision (+TVIM in FA) its as simple as adding S0241. But how do I NEGATE this value the correct way? I found, most of the positive options, let's say S019A for AUX-input since PU06

Code:
    GRUPPE : {"AUX"} 
    AUFTRAGSAUSDRUCK : S019A // PU06 
    FSW_PSW : 109D 0007 // AUX aktiv 
    FSW_PSW : 1150 0007 // AS_HK_AMFM aktiv 
    AUFTRAGSAUSDRUCK : !9A53 // !PU06 
    FSW_PSW : 109D 000B // AUX nicht_aktiv 
    FSW_PSW : 1150 000B // AS_HK_AMFM nicht_aktiv
    So, to get the false-value (!9A53 from S019A) just <<8bit and add 53h. Just as simple as that? Or did I miss something?

As I used S0241 and !4153 the orderoption for negative value was !KM_TACHO ??? Or is this only because the new E65CVT.000 was not build correctly?

A bunch of questions, but I really hope, you'll help me out.

Kind regards
    Thomas
    aka macchiato66 in 7-forum.com

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    A new version has been released: NCS Dummy 0.5.0.5! Refer to the first post in this topic for the download link. What's new since the last release?

0.5.0.5 (2011-11-07)
    • Fixed bug in disassembly tool. The "AUFTRAGSAUSDRUCK" field in *CVT.000, *SGET.000 and *SGVT.000 files was not processed correctly.
    • Drag and drop support for file path textboxes.

Some of the changes made to the disassembly tool in NCS Dummy 0.5.0.1 broke the disassembly of *CVT.000, *SGET.000 and *SGVT.000 files. When multiple order options were present or when a Boolean NOT operator (exclamation mark) was included in the "AUFTRAGSAUSDRUCK" field, the field was not parsed correctly. This bug did not affect any other files.

New in this version is drag and drop support for file path textboxes. You can now drag trace files, Ediabas files and disassembled files from Windows Explorer to the respective file path textboxes in NCS Dummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by macchiato66 View Post
    But I ran into a problem on re-assembling the E65CVT.000.txt. Even if I do NOT change anything and reassemble it, it is around 30kB smaller than the original version and most of the order options (all the combined ones with !xxx in it) are lost when I use the newly assembled E65CVT.000.
    Thank you for reporting this issue! It seems this behavior is caused by a bug introduced in NCS Dummy 0.5.0.1 when I made some changes to the disassembly tool. The "AUFTRAGSAUSDRUCK" fields in *CVT.000, *SGET.000 and *SGVT.000 files are not parsed correctly when multiple order options are present or when a Boolean NOT operator (exclamation mark) is included. I have fixed this bug in NCS Dummy 0.5.0.5 (just released). Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you disassemble the "E65CVT.000" file in the latest version of NCS Dummy you'll get the following result (same excerpt as in your post):
    Code:
    AUFTRAGSAUSDRUCK : !S019A // !PU06
    This should make a lot more sense than the output from the buggy versions. Both order options are now the same ("S019A"). So if you want to apply a logic NOT operator to your custom "TVIM" order option "S0241", simply put an exclamation mark in front of it: "!S0241". That's all there is to it.

macchiato66 Guest
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    No need to be sorry for anything! Thank you for maintaining such a great tool!!!!

If you disassemble the "E65CVT.000" file in the latest version of NCS Dummy you'll get the following result (same excerpt as in your post):
    Code:
    AUFTRAGSAUSDRUCK : !S019A // !PU06
    This should make a lot more sense than the output from the buggy versions. Both order options are now the same ("S019A"). So if you want to apply a logic NOT operator to your custom "TVIM" order option "S0241", simply put an exclamation mark in front of it: "!S0241". That's all there is to it.
    YES!!!! An that's what I'd expected normally. That way it DOES make much more sense

I'll build the new files this afternoon. I think this will work perfectly and smooth now. Thank's a lot for your super fast reaction, revtor!!!

My Cars
    316 Compact
    Thanks to Revtor for the tool

One problem is it does not like ,net framework v4 client

v4 client reduces the M$ bloat from 236mb installer to 40mb

Error message is "unable to find a version of the runtime to rub this application"

Wondering if it is a simple fix as I need v4 on the machine for another app

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneC View Post
    One problem is it does not like ,net framework v4 client
    By default the backward compatibility of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 is disabled. You can however enable this on a per-application basis by adding or editing the application's config file. I've uploaded a config file for NCS Dummy - download link (278 bytes). Unpack the archive and copy file "NcsDummy.exe.config" to the folder where the NCS Dummy executable resides ("NcsDummy.exe"). No further configuration or changes are required. Launch NCS Dummy as you would do normally...

Note that Microsoft disabled this functionality because of possible compatibility issues. I did a few tests with NCS Dummy on a system with only the .NET Framework 4.0 installed and did not experience any problems, but if you do please let me know.
    Last edited by revtor; 01-09-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Updated download link

My Cars
    316 Compact
    Thanks Revtor, it is greatly appreciated, will give it a run & see what I come up with

There are times M$ mystifies me completely, will post here how I go so everyone knows

Initial result is error message as follows

"To run this application you must install one of the following versions of the .net framework
    .NETFramework Version=v4.0

Would you like to download it now ? & dialog buttons for Y/N"

Suspect the XML statement needs separate definitions for full version & client version

Will look for the client v4 version name

UPDATE

Have it working

Had to add a simpler runtime definition of
    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0.30319"/>

For anyone else trying to use v4, Your Version No can be obtained from control panel/add remove programs
    Last edited by WayneC; 01-09-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Updated Info

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast