Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    tomjro: The error message states that the FSW_PSW.TRC trace file contains both "wert_11" and "wert_24" for function "ALC_KENNLIN_LWR_SENSOR_HI". That's okay as long as both have the same data value (such parameters are synonyms for the same data). Checking out FRMFA.C10 however clearly shows different data for both parameters: "wert_11" has "0E,FD,0E,FE,0E" and "wert_24" has "14,FD,14,FE,14". So if you load a trace file contain both "wert_11" and "wert_24" for "ALC_KENNLIN_LWR_SENSOR_HI", NCS Dummy (rightfully) does not know what to do and throws an error message. The key to the problem is in the last part of the error message: "Make sure chassis and module match those of the trace file".

Checking out FRMFA.C09 reveals that it does have the same data for "wert_11" and "wert_24". So it seems your trace file is not for module FRMFA.C10 but FRMFA.C09!

If you follow the instructions in chapter 6.1 of the NCS Dummy user manual, can you confirm that NCS Expert indicates FRMFA.C09 after reading the trace file?

My Cars
    2005 BMW 120D
    Thank you for your help, but unfortunately even if I change the module in NCS Dummy, it still gives the same error code. I’ve attached some pics to this reply with what it says for me.

I found that before I change the module from SG_CODIEREN to CODIERDATEN_LESEN, then the module changes from FRMFA.C09 to FRMFA.C10

Hope the pics help in seeing what is being done wrong or what can be done to fix it.

The car is an E87 2005 model (120d) and I’m having to select E89 as the e87 is not an option but the e87 model fits into the e89 category anyway.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    tomjro: Can you mail the FSW_PSW.TRC and NETTODAT.TRC to me ()?

My Cars
    E36 touring, ZMCoupe
    Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post

Moffatt: This thread is about NCS Dummy. Best create a new topic for your issue.
    Hi made a new thread, could you have a look please, i'm only in Aachen and can travel to get this fixed.

Regards John

My Cars
    -
    I noticed a translation issue going from German to English: "SIA_LITER_GRENZE" is translated as oil consumption limit but that is wrong. SIA uses liters of fuel used to calculate when to indicate a service, and this value changes the limit ("Grenze") for that.

On my M52B25 the stock value according to NCS Dummy is 2325 liters or 614 gallons, which matches what ISTA says is the SIA limit.

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 convertible
    hello all I am all new to this and I hope this is how we do it and where to put my message if not I am so sorry for it and I hope you can forgive me here go
    why is it when I go to GM5 C01,C02,C03,C04,C05,C06. I am getting this message now on all of them?
    a RED( X )come up (15:45:29 An error occurred while reading "C:\NCSEXPER\WORK\FSW_PSW.TRC": Unresolved parameter
    keyword "500ms" in function "HUB_VERZOEGERUNG_FH_VORN". Make sure chassis and module match those of the trace file).
    knowing I have had GM5 C01 & C06 working befor but now all of them are not ?

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    me77: Thank you for the correction!

TonyLou: You shouldn't try each module and pick whatever matches - you should select the one reported by NCS Expert! Anyway, if no module matches, the trace file might not have been created properly. See chapter 6.1 of the NCS Dummy user manual for instructions on creating correct trace files. If you still can't get it to work, mail the FSW_PSW.TRC and NETTODAT.TRC to me ().

My Cars
    E36 touring, ZMCoupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Moffatt View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have a error talking to my DSC module in NCS expert, first up with all the other modules its works perfectly.

Background,

11.02.2002 E46 S54 M3 conversion in a 02.06.2003 e46 N42 318 Compact.

M3 modules
    DME
    KMB
    EWS

Compact modules
    GM5
    DSC

All the modules work except DSC, I've tried with pins 7 and 8 connected and not connected,

The car drives greatbut i wouldlike to change the DSC setting to a M3 setup.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi Guys,
    I just wanted to let you know that i found my problem and I fixed it by refitting the original cluster KMB into the car,
    Now i could talk to the DSC and make the changes,

If anyone has similar problems its worth checking that the cluster is the same as the DSC, changing the chassis number in the DSC did not help.

Thanks

My Cars
    BMW 730i
    Hi Revtor I have a feature suggestion for NCS Dummy. Have you ever considered incorporating an Intel HEX to bin converter so that we have an easy way of converting our NFS files (0DA and 0PA files) between the two formats? since there already is a feature to update the checksum of these files i think this woud make a great complement to that

My Cars
    2007 650i coupe
    Revtor, I downloaded all of the files on your original post but the NCS version is 4.07. How do I update to the newer version? I already downloaded 4.08 but don't know how to apply the update.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
    I have a feature suggestion for NCS Dummy. Have you ever considered incorporating an Intel HEX to bin converter so that we have an easy way of converting our NFS files (0DA and 0PA files) between the two formats? since there already is a feature to update the checksum of these files i think this woud make a great complement to that
    I'm not sure... NFS to Intel HEX seems quite easy to implement (after all the NFS files are some slang of Intel HEX) but I don't know what certain record types mean (like 0x10). The other way around is problematic as well as NFS files contain metadata which is not present in the Intel HEX file (like $REFERENZ, $BSU_REFERENZ_NEW, $BSUTIME,...).

Quote Originally Posted by zebber500 View Post
    Revtor, I downloaded all of the files on your original post but the NCS version is 4.07. How do I update to the newer version? I already downloaded 4.08 but don't know how to apply the update.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 4.07 and 4.08, but if you meant to type 0.6.0.7 and 0.6.0.8 all you have to do to upgrade NCS Dummy is to replace NcsDymmy.exe, NcsDummy.exe.config and Translations.csv with the newer ones from the downloaded archive.

My Cars
    BMW 730i
    Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post
    I'm not sure... NFS to Intel HEX seems quite easy to implement (after all the NFS files are some slang of Intel HEX) but I don't know what certain record types mean (like 0x10). The other way around is problematic as well as NFS files contain metadata which is not present in the Intel HEX file (like $REFERENZ, $BSU_REFERENZ_NEW, $BSUTIME,...).

Okay yeah you're probably right. There is a converter that I have been using (was not easy to find) that can convert the individual 0pa and 0da files to .bin but it can't convert it back https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3CX-Povutp7yUq

And then there is a 0pa + 0da to .bin that I think can go back and forth.

Maby there is a way of extracting those metadata into a separate file that can then be combined back together when converting back (but what do I know)

Anyway having anything even if it's just the one way integrated into NCS dummy would be a big plus.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740i
    Revtor, maybe you know, what's the function called in E60 CIC.C1A, that show's error log in the vehicle information menu. (Eg. open door or washer fluid low) CIC is retrofitted, I updated the firmware and the function is lost. Tire pressure and oil level are available.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    A new version has been released: NCS Dummy 0.6.0.9! Refer to the first post in this topic for the download link. What's new since the last release?

0.6.0.9 (2019-09-19)

• Fixed broken shortcut keys SHIFT+F3 and SHIFT+ENTER to search backwards in the graphical trace editor.
    • Added several new shortcut keys for frequently used operations like loading and saving trace files, changing the numeral system, adding parameters,...
    • Added fullscreen mode for the "Modules and Traces" tab. Click the arrow button in the bottom right corner of the graphical trace editor or press F11 to toggle.
    • Added possibility to add parameters and update modules in trace functions mode. It is no longer necessary to unload the trace file to do so. In addition NCS Dummy will ask to update the module automatically when exporting to FSW/PSW trace files. For clarity context menu items "Add Parameter" and "Add Custom Data" were renamed to "Add FSW/PSW Parameter" and "Add Custom Nettodata" respectively.
    • Added support for portable application. In order to make NCS Dummy save its settings to a file instead of the registry, create an empty text file NcsDummy.ini in the application folder or launch NCS Dummy (once) with command line argument /portable.
    • Added reverse lookup to the Hex Trace Viewer. Placing the cursor on an address location selects the matching element in the graphical trace editor.
    • Added detection for erroneous parameters with identical keywords but different data like in module FRMFA.C10.
    • Added warning dialog when trying to export nettodata changes to an FSW/PSW trace file.
    • Holding ALT or CTRL while clicking the "HEX/DEC" button toggles between hexadecimal and binary (holding SHIFT already did).
    • Restored compatibility with Microsoft Windows 2000. Unsupported. May break again in the future.
    • Small number of new and corrected translations.

This release brings quite a few interesting improvements.

From now on it is possible to add new parameters and update modules directly from within trace functions mode! It is no longer necessary to unload the trace file first. If you forget to update the module before exporting your changes to a FSW/PSW trace file, NCS Dummy will propose to update the module automatically. This should get rid of a lot of confusion surrounding module functions (no trace file loaded) and trace functions (trace file loaded) and reduce the number of steps required for more advanced coding operations.

This also means that when a nettodata trace file is loaded you can now add both new parameters and custom data. To clearly indicate the different purpose of each, the context menu items were renamed to "Add FSW/PSW Parameter" and "Add Custom Nettodata".

When using NCS Dummy on a small display like that of a netbook very little screen estate may be available to the graphical trace editor. Maximizing the application and using command line argument /smalldisplay can free up some space for the graphical trace editor but on very small displays even that may not be sufficient for comfortable operation. Starting from this version a fullscreen mode is available that maximizes the available space for the graphical trace editor by hiding chassis, module, trace file(s) and log. Toggle between normal and fullscreen mode by clicking the arrow button in the graphical trace editor, press F11 or press ALT+ENTER.

Switching to fullscreen mode does not automatically maximize the application. It can be combined with a windowed application. Note that fullscreen mode is not remembered between sessions. You must activate it manually each time. Fullscreen mode is exited automatically when clicking the tab caption, switching to another tab or performing an action that writes a warning or error to the log.

Keyboard users will be pleased to learn that many frequently used operations in NCS Dummy now have shortcut keys.

Loading and exporting trace files:

• CTRL+L loads FSW_PSW.TRC as trace file 1
    • CTRL+SHIFT+L loads NETTODAT.TRC as trace file 1
    • CTRL+O shows the open file dialog for trace file 1
    • CTRL+SHIFT+O shows the open file dialog for trace file 2
    • CTRL+SHIFT+X clears trace file 1
    • CTRL+S exports to FSW_PSW.MAN
    • CTRL+SHIFT+S shows the save file dialog to export an FSW/PSW trace file
    • CTRL+E exports to NETTODAT.MAN
    • CTRL+SHIFT+E shows the save file dialog to export a nettodata trace file

Filtering modules:

• CTRL+SHIFT+F filters modules by keyword or order option
    • CTRL+SHIFT+T filters modules by currently loaded trace file 1
    • CTRL+SHIFT+R clears the module filter

Searching:

• CTRL+F shows the find window
    • ENTER (in the graphical trace editor or find window) finds next match. Hold SHIFT to search up
    • F3 finds next match. Hold SHIFT to search up
    • ESC closes the find window

Viewing:

• F11 or ALT+ENTER toggles fullscreen mode
    • CTRL+B toggles numeral system between hexadecimal and decimal
    • CTRL+SHIFT+B toggles numeral system between hexadecimal and binary
    • CTRL+H shows the HEX Trace Viewer

Making changes:

• SPACE (in the graphical trace editor) ticks the selected parameter
    • CTRL+SPACE (in the Parameter and Data textboxes) ticks the selected parameter
    • CTRL+N adds a new FSW/PSW parameter
    • CTRL+SHIFT+N adds custom nettodata
    • DEL (in the graphical trace editor) deletes selected added parameter or custom nettodata
    • CTRL+U updates module

The shortcut keys for loading trace files and filtering modules may be especially handy for those using fullscreen mode where the module and trace file fields are hidden.

Starting from NCS Dummy 0.5.0.0 the Windows registry is used to store settings, window position, recently used files, recent search items,... For most users that's perfectly fine but some do not like the use of the registry. It prevents the application from being moved to another system easily. From now on NCS Dummy can be used as a portable application and write its settings to a configuration file instead of the registry. To make it so, create an empty text file NcsDummy.ini in the application folder or launch NCS Dummy (once) with command line argument /portable:

NcsDummy.exe /portable

If you want to undo the change and write back to the Windows registry, launch the application, then delete configuration file NcsDummy.ini. Alternatively launch NCS Dummy (once) with command line argument /registry:

NcsDummy.exe /registry

It's been long known that some of the DATEN files that come with NCS Expert contain bugs. Since version 0.5.0.0, NCS Dummy has warned the user when loading modules KMBI_E38.C12 and ARS.C0E that invalid parameters are present. The data in these parameters is longer than defined by the parent function. Recently it was discovered other bugs are present in the FRMFA.C1? modules. In this case multiple parameters share the same keyword but have different data. Multiple parameters with the same keyword is not an issue but then the data must be identical too. From now on NCS Dummy will also detect these bugs and warn the user. In addition to coloring the parameters red, the affected functions are listed in the log. Note that the modules can be used just fine, just as long as the invalid parameters are not ticked. NCS Dummy will fail to load an FSW/PSW trace file which contains the invalid parameters, though. In this case loading the nettodata trace file should work but you may not be able to export the FSW_PSW.MAN trace manipulation file. In order to get past this the module description file must be disassembled, corrected, and re-assembled.

NCS Dummy allows you to load nettodata trace files and export to FSW/PSW trace files. This is a perfectly valid scenario as the additional information in nettodata trace files can be helpful even when not using nettodata coding. However some did not realize that FSW/PSW trace files cannot represent all information that is in nettodata trace files. Starting from this version a warning dialog is shown when trying to export to an FSW/PSW trace file after making changes that can only be represented by nettodata.

Lastly, I noticed NCS Dummy 0.6.0.6 broke a few things: The shortcut keys to search backwards in the graphical trace editor (SHIFT+F3 and SHIFT+ENTER) did no longer work and the application crashed when launched on Windows 2000. Both are fixed. Note that compatibility with Windows 2000 is unsupported and may break again in future releases.
    Last edited by revtor; 09-20-2019 at 02:11 AM.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Great work, again.

Just saw this post now. Nice to see the full screen option implemented.

Adding parameters without unloading is a nice feature as well.

I just tested the full-screen mode on my MicroPC (1280x720 max) and it's already my favorite function. Really makes it more usable on small displays.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    I'm glad you like the new version

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Love the new version! Thanks!

My Cars
    535i
    Hi !
    can anyone tell me what the references 01E6 in the disassembled EXX_CONF.BAP ?
    example - SGZEILE : 0056 "62DMO" "62DMO" 01E6 "62dmo"

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Stall1980: I have no idea what this field represents.

The field is labeled "DCSNR" but I can't think of a German acronym that matches.

As an experiment I tried changing the value to a random number. This did not seem to cause any issues. I was still able to read and code the module of which I changed the value.

So whatever it is, I don't think it's very important.

My Cars
    2004 330ci
    revtor thank you for the work you put into the software!

My Cars
    2001 740i M Sport
    Thanks for your hard work and time Revtor. NCS Dummy is very convenient and easy to use, and we appreciate it.
    2001 740i M-Sport
    All Stock, 142K miles

My Cars
    e36 316i
    In MMI_E65.C04 there is a one wrong translation and two are missing:

LUFTVER - if active opens new menu item, where can be select between predefined or custom air distribution
    KLIMA_AUTO - climate auto mode controlled in MMI
    MULTIMEDIA_CHANGER - dvd changer

20200202_104200.jpg20200202_104220.jpg
    Last edited by Cicicok; 02-02-2020 at 07:23 AM. Reason: added pictures

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Cicicok: Thank you! I've added/updated the translations. I can't make a promise on when an updated NCS Dummy will be released, though.

My Cars
    2011 BMW E70 30D
    Can't seem to find E70 listed under chassis, is it grouped under another chassis? Thx

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    zhiwoo: E70 has its own entry. Check whether folder C:\NCSEXPER\DATEN\E70\ exists and contains files. If not or empty, you need newer DATEN files...

Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast