Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert

My Cars
    645ci 2004 convertible
    hi all well that was a epic read ,but was very good details, wheres is the latest file etc,, i just fired my laptop up after 2 years turned off and of trouble free motoring , but now i need it all fired up again ...and it says update av, but where is the file to update the progy, thanks

My Cars
    08 X3
    I am getting errors after it reads a module.. not sure whats going on here. Can someone chime in? Using revtor profile.

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 9.46.10 PM.png

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    See about loading in up updating the daten files.
    There a BMW Coding tool v2.50 which will do this automatically.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    08 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by enda320 View Post
    See about loading in up updating the daten files.
    There a BMW Coding tool v2.50 which will do this automatically.
    I keep reading about updating daten files, but where are these daten files to update found?

The error also pops up only on the ALSZ module.. I read and wrote back to my GM5 and other modules last night no errors...

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    You'd get the SP Daten from torrent links, they don't hang around too long, so you need to keep looking about and see what you can find.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    2005 BMW 530D E60
    Hello,

I have a problem: ACC is not working (INPA showing error code: 5D0F ACC - lens heating). I want to disable LHT (Lens heating module), but when i press "process ecu" (in ncs expert program), there is no such module. It's hidden? Why ncs expert isn't showing ACC ecu? Thank you for any comments!

Car: BMW 530D E60 2005.

My Cars
    93 U13 (altima)
    Hey everyone, I know how coding works and i know steps, i did coding myself on this computer through this very cable on my own car summertime but now the issue is NCS Expert is not able to write edited .Man file!!!
    For example if i read Airbag and want to disable faher (driver seatbelt) warning i read with NCS then edit TRC with dummy then save .man file then change job in NCS to SG_Co..., process, then go through ignition cycle, then _Lessen with NCS again and values are still unchanged!(((

Also:
    I did used 2.0 and 3.0 port on my laptop with no success
    I did try it with car running, ignition ON (not running), charging with 40AMP, 20AMP and 2Amp settings on charger with NO SUCCESS
    I deleted TRC file and leave .man file and process with WRITE (CG_CODIEREN) with NCS it didn't do anything
    it just looks like NCS is writing original VO setting to the module im working with...

If YOU or anyone else know/read/face this or similar problem PLEASE let me know where to read more about it or what you did to solve this!

THX
    TTBB

EDIT: Car is 2009 (LCI) E90 335D

EDIT: Using Expertmode in NCS
    Last edited by tryingtobebest; 12-13-2016 at 09:34 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    What profile are you using?

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    750i - X5 - X4
    Can anyone explain why the graphical editor in NCS Dummy with boxes to tick and un-tick does not display, but just text that cannot be edited?

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by henrikhahn View Post
    Can anyone explain why the graphical editor in NCS Dummy with boxes to tick and un-tick does not display, but just text that cannot be edited?
    You have to load the correct daten file (ex ".C02" file) corresponding to your trace file readout. When they match data points, then the boxes become available.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    750i - X5 - X4
    Thanks, that helped! I'm a first time user :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to Revtor and others for having developed this software. Works very well. I coded correct tank size after having installed smaller sized tank.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Hi guys - I need to code my dsp amp in my range rover. ncs wont recognise the range rover so wanted to use an ssd file for an e53 and code it that way.

Does anyone know the fa code for dsp and what an ssd file should look like for an e53?

Thanks

Dan

My Cars
    04' BMW M3
    Would I be able to use the NCS Dummy Profile to be able to code M Track Mode on my 04 m3?

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyChitMeng View Post
    Would I be able to use the NCS Dummy Profile to be able to code M Track Mode on my 04 m3?
    There are 2 ways to do it. Most commonly you add to the Vehicle Order code, then code the DSC and Instrument cluster. This requires expert mode since you don't want to code from a .man file. Note that you will need to go back into the coding manually with Dummy to tell the car that you don't have the larger calipers and quicker steering rack. The other option is using NCS Dummy with the Dummy profile to manually select the correct variables to enable M Track mode while retaining the correct steering rack and piston variables.

My Cars
    2009 e90 328i 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by smoulton0204 View Post
    download the daten files Svett - they do not come with the NCS Dummy
    Any advice on where do download? Specifically e90? I downloaded a DATEN file from a different thread, but NCSdummy tells me "[E] 12:23:51 No chassis found for NCS Expert DATEN folder "C:\Users\*******\Desktop\E89". Make sure the path is correct."
    Tim
    2009 e90 328i 6MT

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Hi all - I have a Range Rover with a dsp amp I need to code. Ncs does not work with range rovers but apparently if you use an add file to spoof it into thinking it's an e53 I should be able to code it.

Any idea the format of this ssd file - I tried amending the e90 one but it did. It work... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
    There are 2 ways to do it. Most commonly you add to the Vehicle Order code, then code the DSC and Instrument cluster. This requires expert mode since you don't want to code from a .man file. Note that you will need to go back into the coding manually with Dummy to tell the car that you don't have the larger calipers and quicker steering rack. The other option is using NCS Dummy with the Dummy profile to manually select the correct variables to enable M Track mode while retaining the correct steering rack and piston variables.
    I've coded two E46 M3's to have this, but never bothered with updating the ZCS. Just coded the MK60 and KMB files and be done with.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Failing anyone able to help with the ssd anyone in the uk with dsp in a e39/53 able to help me out? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    318d lci
    Hi all,

Am thinking of getting someone to do my first few coding changes on my BMW e90 LCI (2011, small iDrive, light sensor) using the NCS expert to do the following bellow

Now on Auto mode and DRL on my car is like a “Christmas tree” even it is light outside: AE on, low beam on, all interior lights are on (clusters, AC panel...etc) also rear lights are on...and so the light sensor is useless (the light are always on)
    What I'm trying to do (with your help) is when
    DRL is on(activated form iDrive and lights in Auto mode):
    · DRL on and daylight outside: Light only AE (on high brightness) + fog light....without interior or rear light
    · DRL on with poor light or night outside: turn on low beam, AE (normal brightness), interior and rear light also on, fog light off

can you please tell me what lines must be changed in FRM module?

My Cars
    2020 M2C DCT
    I just finished my very first coding project, changing MEMORY_SPIEGELABKLAPPEN to aktiv.

revtor, you are a treasure! Thank you very much for this contribution to BMW community.

I have some questions. After the BTM module was coded (using NCS Expert), the TRC file was 60k in size. Is that normal and if so, does it contain the trace of all of the modules? If so, is there any way to make a readable translated version of it? My reason for asking is because I think it would be an easy way to take a look at how the car is currently coded to decide what other changes to make.
    2020 M2C DCT Hockenheim Silver Metallic

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerdriver View Post
    After the BTM module was coded (using NCS Expert), the TRC file was 60k in size. Is that normal and if so, does it contain the trace of all of the modules? If so, is there any way to make a readable translated version of it? My reason for asking is because I think it would be an easy way to take a look at how the car is currently coded to decide what other changes to make.
    The FSW_PSW.TRC file is used by NCS Expert as temporary file for various operations. Most of the time it does not contain valid traces for your car.

My Cars
    2020 M2C DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post
    The FSW_PSW.TRC file is used by NCS Expert as temporary file for various operations. Most of the time it does not contain valid traces for your car.
    Thank you for the explanation. Is there a way to get a "dump" of all of the modules with translations in one step or can that only be done one module at a time?
    2020 M2C DCT Hockenheim Silver Metallic

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    bimmerdriver: I'm afraid that's not possible with NCS Expert.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Car is a 2004 330 vert. I created a trace file for my GM5 module so I can change some of the remote lock/unlock settings. I made all the correct copies. When I open NCS Dummy the drop down menu lists 4 different GM5 modules. Only 1 of them appears to work with my .man file. I see the same thing with lots of other modules in that drop down menu. What are the other ones for?
    Last edited by flyfishvt; 09-03-2017 at 02:14 PM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW X5 4.4i
    Hey there everyone! I have been lurking and using this forum for years, ever since I got my first BMW E53 awhile back. Has been a great resource and amazing knowledgebase. I recently purchased a new RLS(rain sensor/light) for the X5. I have been trying to learn the NCS as well as all the other BMW software for coding. When I first installed the RLS it didn't work. Looked at it in INPA and saw it was coded for a different model. I used NCS expert and dummy to get it coded for E53/E39 and then initialized it in INPA....so I think? Problem is no matter what I do the IR sensors are always pegged 255. The light sense function is working normally. Can anyone think of or offer some advice on where I probably screwed up or have some insight on getting a RLS coded properly and initialized on a E53??

I have been reading thru Revtor's post tutorial and the more I read, the more I think I am understanding.... but its clearly not sinking in. lol

thanks

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast