Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Aux should not need coding. Have you installed the AUX connector on the back of the radio? If so AUX should be selectable with the MODE button.

Earlier radio's don't support AUX, but you can use the CDC connector to mimic an AUX input.

As you found out, there is no AUX parameter in radio module for E46 chassis.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    2007 BMW e90 320d
    Thanks for the update rector

My Cars
    2003 525i x 2
    Hi, I'm new to the forums, a problem with my ABS module brought me here.

I just want to say thanks to Revtor and everyone else who helped make NCS Dummy the useful tool it is today!

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    A new version has been released: NCS Dummy 0.6.0.6! Refer to the first post in this topic for the download link. What's new since the last release?

0.6.0.6 (2016-01-01)

• Fixed layout issues on window rotate and aero snap (Windows 7 and later).
    • Fixed Hex Trace Viewer having incorrect window size on high-DPI displays.
    • Fixed backspace key accidentally opening Hex Trace Viewer when a nettodata trace file is loaded.
    • Dramatically improved responsiveness of scrolling in the graphical trace editor with touchpad or touchscreen.

The Hex Trace Viewer introduced last version did not display correctly on high-DPI displays. Additionally it did not only listen to shortcut key CTRL+H but also unintentionally to the backspace key. This could get frustrating when correcting a text while a nettodata trace file was loaded. Each time the backspace key was pressed the Hex Trace Viewer would open.

It was brought under my attention that NCS Dummy did not handle window rotation and aero snap on Windows 7 and later very well. Aero snap allows you to maximize an application by dragging its window to the to edge of the screen. Restoring is similar by dragging it away from from the top edge. Dragging to the side edges enables split screen mode. Window rotation is only relevant to tablets. NCS Dummy did respond to the aero snap and window rotate actions but occasionally the entire window layout would get garbled up.

Lastly, the responsiveness of scrolling in the graphical trace editor with touchpad or touchscreen is dramatically improved. Scrolling with the scrollbar or mousewheel was always snappy, but scrolling with touchpad or touchscreen could be a frustrating experience - especially on larger modules. A fast scroll flick could make the graphical trace editor unresponsive for seconds. This issue is caused by Windows applying smooth scrolling to touchpad and touchscreen scroll events which does not go very well with the custom painting of the graphical trace editor control. The issue was fixed by routing the touchpad and touchscreen scroll events to the mousewheel events. The one drawback of this approach is that touch scrolling now also follows the mousewheel's number-of-lines-to-scroll. By default this is set to 3 lines at a time which may make the scrolling appear less smooth. Setting this to 1 gives the best experience but also affects mousewheel scrolling in other applications. The setting can be changed in the Windows Control Panel or Settings.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Thanks Revtor! This program is genius!

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4 coupé 3.0SI
    Hi,
    This tool is just great!
    Would it be possible to extend the series F?

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    luce46M57: I'm afraid that's not possible. NCS Dummy is built on top of the NCS Expert DATEN files. Any vehicle that is supported by NCS Expert will work in NCS Dummy. The new F series, however, are not supported by NCS Expert and require different tools.

My Cars
    1999 E38 740i Sport
    This might be a silly question, but can you register a new battery with NCS Dummies?

Also, I am getting an error of "No supported chassis found. Make sure the NCS Expert DATEN path is correct." Path to E60 daten files is correct, I am working on an E64.
    Last edited by mgfranz; 02-15-2016 at 06:10 PM.

'99 E38 740i Sport
    '07 E64 650i w/mods
    '95 E34 530i [SOLD!]
    '01 Porsche Boxster (For sale)
    '03 Ford F250 Super Duty

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post
    • Added shortcut keys and context menu entries for copying and pasting in the chassis and module dropdowns.
    typing on keyboard for chassis and modules doesnt work on 0.6.0.6

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    A new version has been released: NCS Dummy 0.6.0.7! Refer to the first post in this topic for the download link. What's new since the last release?

0.6.0.7 (2016-02-18)

• Fixed broken quick selection on chassis and module dropdowns by typing first letters.

Last release broke the functionality to quickly select items from the chassis and modules dropdowns by typing the first letters. Additionally, using shortcut keys for copy and find with focus on the module dropdown could inadvertently change the selected module.

My Cars
    1999 E38 740i Sport
    A new version has been released: NCS Dummy 0.6.0.7! Refer to the first post in this topic for the download link. What's new since the last release?

0.6.0.7 (2016-02-18)

• Fixed broken quick selection on chassis and module dropdowns by typing first letters.

Last release broke the functionality to quickly select items from the chassis and modules dropdowns by typing the first letters. Additionally, using shortcut keys for copy and find with focus on the module dropdown could inadvertently change the selected module.
    Any help with my issues? Can you register a new battery with NCS Dummies?

Also, I am getting an error of "No supported chassis found. Make sure the NCS Expert DATEN path is correct." Path to E60 daten files is correct, I am working on an E64.

'99 E38 740i Sport
    '07 E64 650i w/mods
    '95 E34 530i [SOLD!]
    '01 Porsche Boxster (For sale)
    '03 Ford F250 Super Duty

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by mgfranz View Post
    Can you register a new battery with NCS Dummies?
    No. You can use NCS Dummy in combination with NCS Expert if you wish to install a battery of different capacity (for example 70 Ah to 90 Ah), but registering a new battery must be done through ToolSet 32, DIS, ISTA or third part software.

You have to point NCS Dummy to the NCS Expert DATEN folder (default C:\NCSEXPER\DATEN\). Do not point directly to a chassis folder.

My Cars
    '11 335i xdrive
    I am using version 0.6.0.7 and am trying to enable video in motion. 'Copy keyword name' is the only option that appears when right clicking to add the new speed parameters to Speedlock_x_kmh_min. Where is the add parameters option?! Thank you!

Edit: Probably answering my own question, but there is a good chance I loaded the .TRC before hand. Rookies....
    Last edited by MacE90; 02-22-2016 at 02:47 AM.

My Cars
    2011 BMW M3 E93
    hello i have e93 m3 with tcum, mulf2, however i can read all the ecu's using ncs expert but i cant connect to tcum or 2mulf ecu gives me error coapi-2020 no answer from ecu, ifh-0009 no response from ecu. any help would be appreciated thanks. daten v54, ncs expert v4.0.1 , ediabas v7.3.0 , coapi v3.13.2 , krapi v3.0.2
    Last edited by pak1s0ul; 03-08-2016 at 11:00 PM.

My Cars
    2008 MINI COOPER D
    They are connect in MOST (optical fiber), you can't access them.

My Cars
    BMW X5 E70
    thank you Revtor for all your work! Respect!!!!

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by clawpt View Post
    They are connect in MOST (optical fiber), you can't access them.
    Would he need an ICOM for this?

My Cars
    2008 MINI COOPER D
    Yes, MULF adapter.

My Cars
    2008 MINI COOPER D
    Revtor: Do you know if it is possible to change the number of flashes of 'visual locking/unlocking acknowledge"?
    Can't find any parameters...
    Thanks
    Last edited by clawpt; 04-07-2016 at 10:57 AM.

My Cars
    2004 M3 6MT
    Just chiming in to say that it's great to see revtor maintaining his excellent project to this day. The documentation is phenomenal too. Keep up the good work!
    540i - Stock/Sport / 6MT / 13.9@100mph
    WS6 - 231/234 / 6MT / 4.10 / 410rwhp
    ITR - 262/262 / 5MT / 12.2:1 / 9600rpm

My Cars
    1998 528i; 2000 540i;

NCS Dummy and PDC module

Using NCS Dummy - one of the best products that I've seen - to put a new(er) PDC module in my 2000 540i (E39). This is after new sensors and swapping them to confirm that it was the module. Here is some info on how I resolved a problem with PDC operation.

Long story short, both the new(er) and old module were PDC.C03. I just wrote the new(er) module with the old parameters. Everything worked but I noticed something interesting. After waking up the car, I could go behind the car and hear the PDC alarm for a close object - without the key in the ignition, and the car off. Even locking the car did not resolve this condition. I suspect that it stopped after the car went to sleep.

I went into the parameters and saw that there were two that were identical in english, but different in german. I set them both to "nice_aktiv - not enabled" and the problem went away. You probably know that KL15 is the "ignition switch".

NUR_KL15_BETREIB - PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) ONLY WITH IGNITION ON

PDC_EIN_BEI_KL15 - PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) ONLY WITH IGNITION ON

Now NUR KL15 BETREIB translates as "Only pursue KL15"; PDC_EIN_BEI_KL15 translates as "PDC on with KL15" [no 'only']. I don't know why turning them both off resolved my issue - but there it is for others to think about. Perhaps my 'ignition switch (KL15) logic is activated when I unlock the car? :
    Note that the new(er) module was originally set up for an E46, apparently, if I can believe the parameters I saw before over-writing them.
    Last edited by gmak; 04-04-2016 at 07:27 AM.
    gmak: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. A journey with my new-to-me 2000 540i

"Working on a BMW E39 is the best way to run out of time."

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    gmak: I agree there's a mistake in the translations. I haven't experimented with the various combinations but I think the functions should read as follows:

• NUR_KL15_BETRIEB: PDC can be used only with the ignition on
    • PDC_EIN_BEI_KL15: PDC switches on automatically with the ignition (seems to be disabled for all series)

By the way, if you replace a module it's usually best to recode the module using the ZCS/FA. That way the coding is set automatically correct for your car. NCS Dummy is mostly aimed towards non-standard functionality.

If you would still like to use NCS Dummy to code fresh modules to your car, pay attention to the (order) options in NCS Dummy. Both "NUR_KL15_BETRIEB" and "PDC_EIN_BEI_KL15" have order option "E39" for "nicht_aktiv". That means all E39 came with these two settings set to "nicht_aktiv". The order options are often overlooked but sometimes they can provide a lot more insight on when to use which parameters. They can be especially useful where the translations fall short.

My Cars
    1998 528i; 2000 540i;
    Thanks for that advice. Everything that I 'SG_Codieren' is using NCS EXPERT. I use your wonderful DUMMY for the great GUI and simplification of understanding and changing the parameters. :thumbup

Where do I see and /ior get insight from the order options? I'll look at the user manual again. Cheers.

p.s. That "switches on automatically with the ignition" probably is what leads to the active PDC when the car is unlocked (if it's active itself). Just a guess.
    Last edited by gmak; 04-06-2016 at 06:19 AM.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    gmak: The order options are shown in the graphical trace editor details ("Options" in the screenshot below). If you do not see that field, make sure you have "Load order options" enabled on the "Options" tab.

Refer to chapter 3.1.3 of the NCS Dummy user manual for more information on how to interpret the order options.
    Last edited by revtor; 04-06-2016 at 09:17 AM.

My Cars
    1998 528i; 2000 540i;

By the way, if you replace a module it's usually best to recode the module using the ZCS/FA. That way the coding is set automatically correct for your car. NCS Dummy is mostly aimed towards non-standard functionality.
    I'm not sure that I understood this part. Are you saying that when I change a parameter, that I should do it in NCS EXPERT and just use the NCS Dummy as a reference for what to change?

Thanks.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast