Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Guess that must be it. I redownloaded the Daten files to check and no DSC files.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    2011 335i coupe
    Now that I coded the MK60 module with DCC_DTC to value 01 enabled, is there an easy explanation for DCC_DTC remains disabled value 00. The Mk60 module unmodified has both parameters; disabled and enabled but will not accept enabled??

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Thank you so much Revtor! Because of your work with NCS Dummy, I was able to code off the warnings from my e39 dash exactly the way I wanted to. Without your work it would have been so much more difficult for me to figure out NCS Expert. I am in your debt!

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post
    ssshake: The last release was only 2 months ago and I'm open for feature requests or bug reports.
    Revtor - I have a couple thoughts on features, don't know if they're something you'd want to implement

I was thinking being able enter a vehicle order or ZCS and generate a default FSW_PSW might be useful, especially when trying to determine how a FA/ZCS change will change a module's configuration
    If the above is implemented, it might make sense to implement a ZCS editor as well, especially since the ones floating around are rather clunky.

Really appreciate all the work you've put into this program. It's saved me countless hours over the years

My Cars
    2011 BMW 335i Sedan
    This is great! This should definitely help a newb like me. Question, I just flashed Alpina B3 TCU on my car and was wondering if I have everything I need in terms of software and files installed on ncsexpert to start coding (ie, code mirrors to fold with lock, warning disclaimer, reverse light bulb check disable, and etc)? Or do I need to install additional software or files? As the instructions say for the Alpina flash, "The link for the SPdaten 53.0 is not the entire version and doesnt have the other data files needed to flash other modules if you need them, this is strictly for Alpina flash which makes the download much quicker."

Not sure if the stuff I listed is considered a module or not. Also, if I do need additional files, where would I be able to find them? Thanks!

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    I was thinking being able enter a vehicle order or ZCS and generate a default FSW_PSW might be useful, especially when trying to determine how a FA/ZCS change will change a module's configuration
    If the above is implemented, it might make sense to implement a ZCS editor as well, especially since the ones floating around are rather clunky.
    Actually I have been thinking about a ZCS/FA editor in the past, but I didn't get much further than the thought... I like the idea and might pick it up again but don't expect such an editor any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by milksteak98 View Post
    I just flashed Alpina B3 TCU on my car and was wondering if I have everything I need in terms of software and files installed on ncsexpert to start coding (ie, code mirrors to fold with lock, warning disclaimer, reverse light bulb check disable, and etc)? Or do I need to install additional software or files? As the instructions say for the Alpina flash, "The link for the SPdaten 53.0 is not the entire version and doesnt have the other data files needed to flash other modules if you need them, this is strictly for Alpina flash which makes the download much quicker."
    Well, if the SPDaten are not complete you might miss certain files required for NCS Expert to work... But, please, look for these files elsewhere. This topic is strictly about NCS Dummy.

My Cars
    2010 BMW 520D
    Simple question:

why in disassemble file address is different from exported file?
    for example:
    PARZUWEISUNG_FSW : {00001011} 00000000 0001 0108 {r} (0F) {h} {} // MOTOR_ART

and

MOTOR_ART 00101100 (01) 0F ENGINE TYPE

br
    harry

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    harryzz: It is the same, but the disassembled module description file uses a different notation where the address is split in blocks. You can recognize this notation by the occurrence of "BLOCK" in the "SPEICHERORG" entry of the disassembled file. You should interpret the notation as follows:

PARZUWEISUNG_FSW : {00001011} 00000000 0001 0108 {r} (0F) {h} {} // MOTOR_ART

which gives address 00101100.

My Cars
    2010 BMW 520D
    Of course, I'm too "blind" .
    10x.

br
    harry

My Cars
    2006 BMW E60
    Dear revtor, thank you very much for NCS Dummy...it is a great program.
    I am quite new with bmw coding and I have a problem that i can't solve myself. Can you guys please help me.

I drive 2006 preLCI E60. The car has an active cruise controle which has stopped to work recently. I found out that the problem lies in the radar lens heating which has malfunctioned. I got some information from the forums that the heating function itself is not crucial and ACC should work properly without it. I just need to disable lens heating (LHT function) with coding.

I have successfully installed NCS Expert, NCS Dummy and v50 E60 SPdaten. I can read data from ACC with ACC2_E60.C28. The problem is that LHT function is not present in FSW_PSW.TRC. It is also not visible in NETTODAT.TRC. Is there a way to disable LHT function?? I can see this function in .TRC when i choose to read code_index.

I enclose link to .trc files and disassembled ACC2_E60.C28 if it is of any help to you. Link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...C%20coding.rar

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by wisebear; 02-15-2015 at 09:37 AM.

My Cars
    2010 BMW 520D
    some suggestion how to determine right codding file from IDENT job?
    for example: jbbf70 return this:

Num Sets: 1
    Set[0]=9 elements
    [ TEXT ] OBJECT = "jbbf70"
    [ WORD ] SAETZE = 1
    [ TEXT ] JOBNAME = "IDENT"
    [ TEXT ] VARIANTE = "JBBF70"
    [ TEXT ] JOBSTATUS = ""
    [ INTEGER ] UBATTCURRENT = +1
    [ INTEGER ] UBATTHISTORY = +1
    [ INTEGER ] IGNITIONCURRENT = +1
    [ INTEGER ] IGNITIONHISTORY = +0
    Set[1]=20 elements
    [ TEXT ] ID_DATUM = "28.06.2010"
    [ TEXT ] ID_HW_NR = "00"
    [ TEXT ] ID_BMW_NR = "9245866"
    [ INTEGER ] ID_EWS_SS = +3
    [ LONG ] ID_SG_ADR = 0
    [ INTEGER ] ID_LIEF_NR = +9
    [ TEXT ] JOB_STATUS = "OKAY"
    [ BINARY ] _TEL_ANTWORT = 35 bytes,
    000: 9F F1 00 5A 80 00 00 09 ...Z....
    008: 24 58 66 00 40 0D D0 57 $Xf.@..W
    010: 45 20 10 06 28 09 00 1E E ..(...
    018: 29 02 2F 00 03 0A 00 00 )./.....
    020: 00 00 FA ...
    [ BINARY ] _TEL_AUFTRAG = 5 bytes,
    000: 82 00 F1 1A 80 .....
    [ INTEGER ] ID_COD_INDEX = +64
    [ INTEGER ] ID_DATUM_TAG = +28
    [ TEXT ] ID_LIEF_TEXT = "Loewe => Lear"
    [ TEXT ] ID_SW_NR_FSV = "2.47.0"
    [ TEXT ] ID_SW_NR_MCV = "0.30.41"
    [ TEXT ] ID_SW_NR_OSV = "3.10.0"
    [ TEXT ] ID_SW_NR_RES = "0.0.0"
    [ INTEGER ] ID_VAR_INDEX = +22341
    [ INTEGER ] ID_DATUM_JAHR = +2010
    [ INTEGER ] ID_DIAG_INDEX = +3536
    [ INTEGER ] ID_DATUM_MONAT = +6

the file extension can be easy
    recognized by ID_COD_INDEX in this case will be ".C40" But for file name there are a 3 options JBBFE,JBBFEII,JBBFE3R ?

br
    harry

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by wisebear View Post
    I drive 2006 preLCI E60. The car has an active cruise controle which has stopped to work recently. I found out that the problem lies in the radar lens heating which has malfunctioned. I got some information from the forums that the heating function itself is not crucial and ACC should work properly without it. I just need to disable lens heating (LHT function) with coding.

I have successfully installed NCS Expert, NCS Dummy and v50 E60 SPdaten. I can read data from ACC with ACC2_E60.C28. The problem is that LHT function is not present in FSW_PSW.TRC. It is also not visible in NETTODAT.TRC. Is there a way to disable LHT function?? I can see this function in .TRC when i choose to read code_index.
    First of all; forget about the large trace file ("codierindex.TRC"). It's not describing what's in your car. The "FSW_PSW.TRC" file is used by NCS Expert as temporary file for several actions so most of the time it contains invalid data. Only if you follow the instructions from chapter 6.1 in the NCS Dummy user manual you will get valid trace files.

Function "LHT" is present only in modules "ACC_E65.C??" (you can use "Filter" > "Filter Modules by Keyword" in NCS Dummy to find occurrences of functions, parameters and order options over all modules of a chassis). Your E60 does not use the "ACC_E65.C??" module but "ACC2_E60.C28" in which function "LHT", sadly, does not occur.

If you load your nettodata trace file in NCS Dummy (for module "ACC2_E60.C28") you will see there are lots of unoccupied blocks (<UNBELEGT> - <UNOCCUPIED>). Unoccupied does not necessarily mean these address ranges are not in use - they just don't have any description in the module file. In fact, if you look at the data value for these unoccupied blocks you will notice that most actually do contain data. The radar lens heating function may very well be in there somewhere. The problem is that without descriptions it's nearly impossible to figure out where it is or what the data represents.

Normally the story ends here but I happen to have a bit of extra information on this particular module. The radar lens heating function is indeed present and as expected it's hidden in one of the unoccupied blocks. More precisely the unoccupied block at address 0030030F with mask 08. In the dissassembled file of "ACC2_E60.C28", locate and replace

PARZUWEISUNG_FSW : {00003003} 0000000F 0001 1251 {} (02) {h} {} // DYNAMIK_FLAG_ACC2
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 0007 (01) // aktiv
    PARZUWEISUNG_PSW1 : 0008 (00) // nicht_aktiv
    UNBELEGT1 : {00003003} 0000000F 0001 {} (04)
    UNBELEGT2 : (01)
    UNBELEGT1 : {00003003} 0000000F 0001 {} (08)

PARZUWEISUNG_FSW : {00003003} 0000000F 0001 10B5 {} (10) {h} {} // NAVI_KOPPLUNG

with

PARZUWEISUNG_FSW : {00003003} 0000000F 0001 1251 {} (02) {h} {} // DYNAMIK_FLAG_ACC2
    UNBELEGT1 : {00003003} 0000000F 0001 {} (04)
    PARZUWEISUNG_FSW : {00003003} 0000000F 0001 046A {} (08) {h} {} // LHT

PARZUWEISUNG_FSW : {00003003} 0000000F 0001 10B5 {} (10) {h} {} // NAVI_KOPPLUNG

Re-assemble the file and replace the existing "ACC2_E60.C28" module with the modified module file (always keep backups of the original files). On the "Modules and Traces" tab, select chassis "E60" and module "ACC2_E60.C28". If the module was already selected from before replacing the module file, reload the module to make sure NCS Dummy is using the new file (right click on the dropdown and select "Reload" or simply restart NCS Dummy). Next load your trace file, use the NCS Dummy search (click the magnifier button or press CTRL+F) to locate function "LHT" and check its parameter "nicht_aktiv" (not enabled). Now export the "FSW_PSW.MAN" file and recode the module in the car following the instructions from chapter 6.2 in the NCS Dummy user manual.

The radar lens heating should now be disabled. Whether this fixes your original issue (non-working ACC) is another question of course...

Quote Originally Posted by harryzz View Post
    some suggestion how to determine right codding file from IDENT job?
    for example: jbbf70 return this:

[ TEXT ] VARIANTE = "JBBF70"
    [ INTEGER ] ID_COD_INDEX = +64

the file extension can be easy recognized by ID_COD_INDEX in this case will be ".C40" But for file name there are a 3 options JBBFE,JBBFEII,JBBFE3R ?
    You will have to look up the correct file name in the SGET table (E70SGET.000).
    Last edited by revtor; 02-19-2015 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Typos

My Cars
    2006 BMW E60
    Revtor, you are a genious! Thank you so much, my ACC is working now
    I want to make a small donation for your NCS Dummy project. Where is your Donation link?

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    That is ver interesting. So some functions might actually exist in a module, but are in hidden (unused) sections.

IG:

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by wisebear View Post
    Revtor, you are a genious! Thank you so much, my ACC is working now
    I want to make a small donation for your NCS Dummy project. Where is your Donation link?
    Thank you for the generous spirit but I am not interested in taking donations. Knowing that my application was able to help you is a reward by itself

Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    That is ver interesting. So some functions might actually exist in a module, but are in hidden (unused) sections.
    They are not unused - they are not described.

Compare it to a world atlas with tens of thousands place names spread all over the maps. As long as the place names are listed in the index, locating the places is easy. However, if the publisher left "less important" place names out of the index or omitted the index completely you'll have a very hard time finding these places. Unless you somewhat know the location of a place you might not even be able to locate them at all. It's even possible you are looking for place names that are not included on the maps at all...

The maps are the physical modules in the car, the place names the functionality inside the modules and the index the module description files used by NCS Expert and NCS Dummy. If something is not (recognizably) described in the module description files it might be very difficult to impossible to find it. So in the case where a functionality is not described in the module description files it's usually quite safe to assume that you will not get it working unless you know (or at least have an indication of) which bits in which module control it.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Yeah my bad, wrong word choice.

So finding "secret options" if there is no discriptions is a mission impossible.

IG:

My Cars
    05 745Li/05 645Ci
    Hey all,. long time lurker and first time poster from Central Ohio.

I'm in the process of re-coding a new CCC for my e64(as opposed to paying the dealer to do something I thought I could do) , and am trying to use NCS Dummy to walk into the "deep end" if you will by doing a few simple things. I've been able to connect to my car, and can read modules (keep backups of all I've looked at so far), but am getting an error when looking at the trace file for KOMBI,.

This is my error: [E] 21:31:40 An error occurred while reading removed file path name) Unresolved function keyword "OEL_MAX_WERT". Make sure chassis and module match those of the trace file.

Also I don't seem to have the check boxes available to me,. figuring I'm doing something wrong at this point, so ill stop and ask for help

Much thanks for any guidance

Percy

- - - Updated - - -

Ending up figuring this out,.apologies for the premature call for help ! ;-) Looks like maybe the module got updated before ??, When I used the KMBI_60.C06 it was fine (i have on '05 E64),. I should have paid attention for the format in the car when I read the module. Lesson learned. Love these forums,. just turned on Digital Speed display,. so I'm on my way ! Now onto figuring out the CCC ,.. havent found too much DIY stuff on that online, so I may just write it up when I get it done.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    PGENDREAU: "Unresolved function keyword" errors are almost always the result of not following the instructions in chapter 6.1 of the NCS Dummy user manual.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Translation suggestion:

I haven't checked all DWA / GM modules of all models, but for example the DWA4 and GM4 files under E36 chassis have:

FUNK_INNENRAUMSCHUTZ - ULTRASONIC INTERIOR MONITORING

Specially in the DWA4 there are two different parameter, with the same translation:

FUNK_INNENRAUMSCHUTZ

ULTRASCHALL_INNENRAUMSCH

So both with ULTRASONIC INTERIOR MONITORING as the translation.

To be perfectly correct, the translation is only correct for "ULTRASCHALL_INNENRAUMSCH" / "ULTRASCHALL_INNENRAUMSCHUTZ"

FUNK is radio signal. So maybe something like RADIOWAVE INTERIOR MONITORING would be better. Or RADIO FRQ INTERIOR MONITORING

IG:

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    According to E38/E39 documentation two different systems were used: radio interior protection (FIS) and ultrasonic interior protection (USIS). USIS replaced FIS in 1998. However, the descriptions mention ultrasonic technology for both so I don't think the translation is really wrong. Even though the DWA module does seem to make a distinction between both systems, functions "FUNK_INNENRAUMSCHUTZ" and "ULTRASCHALL_INNENRAUMSCH" always had the same value coded from the factory (same order options for both so it's either both enabled or both disabled). In the GM module "FUNK_INNENRAUMSCHUTZ" always applies to both FIS and USIS... While it may look a bit weird in the DWA module I don't think this needs changing.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Ha ok. In that case I guess it doesn't matter.

So on the DWA4 both parameters are set to on or off?

p.s. for later/other models, there is also radar based interior monitoring, specially for cabrio's so they even work with the top down, without setting the alarm off when a leave drops in for example.

IG:

My Cars
    2011 BMW E91 320 xd LCI
    Hi,
    why NCSDUMMY don't is able to read file obtained reading FRM3 using NCS EXPERT?
    How I can understand where is the problem?
    Could be a problem of NCS expert profile?

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    pilot1981: The most common reason NCS Dummy fails to load trace files is not following the instructions in chapter 6.1 of the NCS Dummy user manual.

My Cars
    2011 BMW E91 320 xd LCI
    I found this error: ncsdummy unresolved function keyword "BAUREIHE", what means?

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    Try loading the nettodat.trc instead of the FSW_PSW.trc

Giftschrank Projekt

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast