Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert

My Cars
    2006 BMW 750i
    Thanks for the quick response Revtor,
    how do i get to read and make changes to that module?
    i dont have it when i read the ECU modules with NCS expert. i only have TCUM and the ringtone function is not there.
    also, after i make changes to any module and code the .MAN file for that specific module i get a one big FSW_PSW.TRC file (131KB) and that file does have the ringtone function. does that file include all the modules? can i make changes to that file and recode it? how do i do that?
    please advise

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by tamir15 View Post
    how do i get to read and make changes to that module? i dont have it when i read the ECU modules with NCS expert. i only have TCUM and the ringtone function is not there.
    "TCUM" is the ECU name while NCS Dummy works with the CBD names. Read a trace file from the TCUM module as described in chapter Reading "FSW_PSW.TRC" and "NETTODAT.TRC" trace files with NCS Expert of this topic's opening post. The *.C?? file shown in step 17 is the CBD name to use in NCS Dummy. If that file is not "TCU15MOS.C13", then the "RINGTONE" keyword does not occur in it and your module very likely does not support changing the ringtone.
    also, after i make changes to any module and code the .MAN file for that specific module i get a one big FSW_PSW.TRC file (131KB) and that file does have the ringtone function. does that file include all the modules?
    I don't know why NCS Expert creates that file - it does so for everyone - but it has nothing to do with the actual coding of the car. Just ignore it. There's nothing useful in it.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 750i
    Thanks. i will try that and see which *C?? file i have from my TCUM module.
    since i already read the FSW_PSW.TRC file from my TCUM module before and didnt find the ringtone function in it, i can only assume i do not have this function in it and i cannot change it in my car
    thanks again for your help

Update:
    as i expected i dont have the TCU15MOS.C13 module in my TCUM ECU.
    the one i have is TCU_MOST.C09, which obviously does not have the ringtone function in it.
    is there a way to add it by disassembling the file or any other way?
    Last edited by tamir15; 06-14-2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    tamir15: That's a question that can only be answered on a case-by-case basis. However, looking at the at the disassembled versions of "TCU_MOST.C09" and "TCU15MOS.C13" I would say it is extremely improbable. Your module's coding memory spans 119 bytes. The "TCU15MOS.C13" module however has 159 bytes and the "RINGTONE" function is at byte 154 and thus well over the 119th byte.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 750i
    Thanks revtor,
    i guess i would just let it go

Dear Revtor , Your app. is very useful, but I am new and do not have NCS and I should get one, now my help request is I need correct code/address for the fuel gate on IKE cluster of E39 523i , mine is incorrect. I sure you can help and have E39 IKE module function code file. Thanks
    Last edited by kavinton; 06-22-2012 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    kavinton: See attachment. I hope it's useful to you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post
    kavinton: See attachment. I hope it's useful to you.
    Revtor, Thanks so much for your data, I will find out my problem.

Thanks again Revtor, I have solve my Fuel gate back to normal during weekend.
    Last edited by kavinton; 06-24-2012 at 11:19 PM.

My Cars
    X5 E53 528i E39
    these does not work on xp.. its there one that i could run en xp

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    NCS Dummy works fine on Windows XP. Make sure you have the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 installed.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Revtor

Hoping you have some insight into what I'd like to try.

I just swapped my auto tranny out of my 97 328 vert and got a great 5 speed car now. Obviously I now have the auto tranny warning light on. Ive seen people change the SA code in the KOMBI and delete the auto tranny option. This turns the auto tranny warning light off without removing the bulb like others have done. I decoded my SA with a neat little program and it give me all the possible options and the ones that are listed as installed on my car. There is no option listed for auto tranny. If you look at a decoded SA from an early e46 there is definately an option for auto tranny. I can edit the e36 data file for this program and add in the auto tranny option and it acutally changes the SA code. The problem is depending on where in the list of possible options I insert the auto tranny option (ex entry 33 or 51) when I recode the SA I get a completely different SA if its inserted in 33 or 51.

Are you aware of any issues I might run into by moving forward with this and inserting the auto tranny option when it was never their? Will NCS Dummy help me out with this? I know this is a bit out of the scope of this thread but if NCS Dummy can help it would be great. I have NCS Expert and DIS 44 working.
    Last edited by flyfishvt; 07-15-2012 at 07:17 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Just my $0.02 worth - don't do it. Entering the correct GM code will tell the car it is a manual and your E36 coding options will remain unchanged. You are already on the right track but just need to reprogram the DME, if DIS v44 won't accept the DME part number, I would be thinking about using PROGMAN or maybe even WinKFP to flash the DME as a manual.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Ahhh david...you caught me...thanks for the info last night. I guess it time to get progman up and running if this whole exchange thing or new GM code doesnt do what I want it to do.

My Cars
    X5 E53 528i E39
    Thanks for your help!!

My Cars
    1998 320d e46
    I can not find these modules:
    E39 - GM3.C2 or .C3 don't remember exactly whitch one, bus both of them are missing anyway.
    E46 - ABG (there is no ABS's at all)
    PM me at abobyrius@gmail.com I can send you these trc files if you like ;]

My Cars
    Polo

Need help!

Hi,revtor
    I'm from Guangzhou China,thank you for the ''NCS Dummy'' and ''Revtor's NCS Expert Profile'',I use it every day,you did a great job.
    Now I have a X3 E83 need for your help. The customer said when he use the "FLASH-TO-PASS" function the high beams and BI-XENON LIGHTS would all 4 lights on, but after I coded the whole car the function was missing. Use the NCS Expert I just can found out only high beams or BI_XENON LIGHTS on .
    And the both lights when turning steering right ,they can move right perfect, but turning left they don't move, when I use GT1 to stimulate the both lights they can move to left, please help!
    Here is the FSW_PSW file (LSZ.C36):

toadstone1@163.com

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by miniwen View Post
    I can not find these modules:
    E39 - GM3.C2 or .C3 don't remember exactly whitch one, bus both of them are missing anyway.
    E46 - ABG (there is no ABS's at all)
    I have never seen "GM3.C02" or "GM3.C03" for the E39 (only "GM3.C04", "GM3.C05" and "GM3.C10"). Does NCS Expert give an error that it cannot find these files? Same for the E46. What makes you think there should be ABG/ABS module files? The E46 antilock braking system modules begin with MK (for example "MK60.C10") and airbag modules begin with MRS (for example "MRS3.C31").
    Quote Originally Posted by toadstone View Post
    Now I have a X3 E83 need for your help. The customer said when he use the "FLASH-TO-PASS" function the high beams and BI-XENON LIGHTS would all 4 lights on, but after I coded the whole car the function was missing. Use the NCS Expert I just can found out only high beams or BI_XENON LIGHTS on.
    I would strongly recommend to always make backups of the original "FSW_PSW.TRC" and "NETTODAT.TRC" files before coding. When you have these backups and things go wrong you can always see what's different. Especially the "NETTODAT.TRC" file is useful for this as it provides a lot more information omitted from the "FSW_PSW.TRC" file. If you don't have these backups, I'm afraid I can't help... You could try to recode the LSZ to its default coding and see what happens.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 320d E92
    Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for this great piece of software which makes live so much easier

My Cars
    03' 325xi
    Revtor.
    Is your link to download this dead? I have tried it from Safari on my Mac and IE on my xp machine and it will not come up on either....
    -Eric-
    2003 325Xi

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    awol: Download is working fine for me.

My Cars
    03' 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post
    awol: Download is working fine for me.
    Thanks for checking! I just tried here from work and it was fine... Strange...
    -Eric-
    2003 325Xi

My Cars
    Polo
    Hi, is there any version newer than 0.5.0.5?

NCS issues

Hello Revtor, I would like to ask few questions,
    1. How can I config to english language for NCS expert?
    2. How can I recode new DME ?
    3. Can I code new DSC by without remove the old unit, just plug in new unit to the car ?
    4. How can I adjust steering angle sensor using NCS or INPA or BMW scan ?

Thanks

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    toadstone: At the moment, no. I started working on a new version, mainly with user interface improvements requested by many users, but other projects kept me from finishing it. A new version will come, though...

kavinton: This topic is about NCS Dummy only. Please start a new thread for NCS Expert questions.

My Cars
    Polo
    Well, I wish you all the best, look forward to your masterpiece.

Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast