Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by jgold47 View Post
    revtor - does your profile included with the package work with all models or just an e31? Also, what its the difference between yours and fisters (does it matter which one I use?)
    My profile is exactly the same as Fister's and works with all chassis. If you already have Fister's profile, there's no need to use mine.
    Last edited by revtor; 11-07-2010 at 02:04 PM.

My Cars
    Made in Germany

NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert

Thread merge notice: If you got to this post directly from a link and expected to find information about NCS Dummy, click here to go to the first post in this topic where the information now is.

Last edited by revtor; 06-13-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Thread merge

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Nice!, did you get all the trace files I emailed to you?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Hey revtor sorry I never got those trace files to you I ended up having to reinstall windows, and then kinda forgot about grabbing the daten files until much later. I'm at my dad's right now - if you still need any E60 LCI info, I'll get it (assuming my dad's car has the appropriate modules).

I've got a question: How feasible would it be to add a feature to NCS Dummy that shows the default options for a given VO/FA or ZCS? It'd be interesting to see what the effects of changing the VO or ZCS would be without having to always hook up to the car and recode everything. I'd imagine NCS Expert gets the default configurations from somewhere

edit: I just finished reading through your post in detail - this is fantastic stuff! I've got another question... I understand the interpretation of the nettodata.trc files and how to change a value in there... How would you go about writing the nettodata to the car though? I know how to do it through PASoft, but I didn't think NCS Expert could write data withouth an fsw_psw.man.

Thanks for your time... the previous iterations of this software have helped me tremendously, and this new version even better
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 11-06-2010 at 04:03 AM.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    BLooD30: I did! Thanks a lot for these. They were extremely useful for testing!

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Revtor? I would be interested in what teraphantom asked as well.

Any ideas what functions control the microphone?, I have managed to disable mine, feel really silly

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    I've got a question: How feasible would it be to add a feature to NCS Dummy that shows the default options for a given VO/FA or ZCS? It'd be interesting to see what the effects of changing the VO or ZCS would be without having to always hook up to the car and recode everything. I'd imagine NCS Expert gets the default configurations from somewhere
    Thanks for the suggestion! It's an interesting thought, but I can't say how feasible this would be. At the moment I have no idea where the relations between ZCS/VO are stored and whether or not it would be possible for NCS Dummy to process these files. I'll take a look at this later, but for now I want to concentrate on fine-tuning version 0.4.0.0.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion! It's an interesting thought, but I can't say how feasible this would be. At the moment I have no idea where the relations between ZCS/VO are stored and whether or not it would be possible for NCS Dummy to process these files. I'll take a look at this later, but for now I want to concentrate on fine-tuning version 0.4.0.0.
    Understood. I've been doing some digging around in the E46 folder, and it seems that all the "*.000 and *.X00 probably have something to do with it. Some seem to be plain text, and some not. If I had to guess, the ones that aren't plaintext are what NCS some how uses to determine what options to set.

E46AT.000 for example seems to have a list of all the valid option codes, and has what those codes correspond to in the comments. It also has a list of valid chasis/region codes for each model. E46SGFAM.DAT has a list of the possible modules, and also indicates which ones store ZCS and which ones store VO/FA. I could've sworn I saw that that defined the minimum coding index for a given build date, but I can't find it again... so I probably misread something else.

My Cars
    E38 740iA -99 & 740D -00
    Hi revtor and thanks for great software NCS Dummy!
    But I have problem with your NCS expert profile.
    I'm working right know with my e38 and I can read ZCS information from EWS or IKE but after that I choose to go back to select ecu, ncs expert give error like this: "COAPI-1142: PSW Faulty e60".
    It's interesting that it says e60. It doesn't give this error if I choose Expertmode profile for example but of course I can't do much with that profile.

NCS Expert have worked before with your profile but I can't remember when it stopped working right. I have tested my installation with other computers and with other interfaces (i have usb k-line and real serial ADS) but no help.
    Could this error relate to my ediabas installation? Does ncs expert use ediabas ecu folder files with coding or is those only used in diagnostics with inpa?

Hope that you revtor, or someone else could help me.
    Thanks alot!
    Last edited by SupaFIN; 11-07-2010 at 06:30 PM.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Check "FSW_PSW.MAN" in the "NCSEXPER\WORK\" folder and make sure this file is empty. There may be some left-overs from a previous coding operation in it which are incompatible with your E38. It's recommended to always empty (not delete) the "FSW_PSW.MAN" file after coding.

My Cars
    E38 740iA -99 & 740D -00
    Check "FSW_PSW.MAN" in the "NCSEXPER\WORK\" folder and make sure this file is empty. There may be some left-overs from a previous coding operation in it which are incompatible with your E38. It's recommended to always empty (not delete) the "FSW_PSW.MAN" file after coding.
    First line was something about e60. I just remember that I coded different battery (FA number) for my friends 530d
    How stupid problem I had, hope it works now, I have to go to test.
    I though that NCS Expert overwrites that file when it reads car's information, but I was wrong.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by SupaFIN; 11-08-2010 at 05:39 AM.

My Cars
    bmw e60, Cooper s r53
    Does anyone know where i can download the newest version of Dummy from? got the early version but doesnt recon the E60 and the link for new one is down ?cheers

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    oneeyefrail: The opening post of this topic always links to the latest version.
    Last edited by revtor; 06-13-2012 at 01:43 AM.

My Cars
    bmw e60, Cooper s r53
    yea that was the link i was on about ? just opens up,asks u to download then nothing..just s stops ,cheers

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    I'm sorry but the problem is at your end... I know the server experiences some downtime every once in a while, but nothing is wrong with the download at the moment.

My Cars
    bmw e60, Cooper s r53
    mmm ok i ll try another computer thank you for the reply

My Cars
    E90
    i love this program very very good work...respect

My Cars
    any time, any place
    cool project, thanks for sharing with the others!

My Cars
    95 m3+, 03 ZHP, Mk4 Tdi
    great project - thanks so much for making it available.
    '95 325iS - auto to manual swap done!

My Cars
    2000 740ilS
    Hey, revtor,

Been trying to use you NCS dummy software on my e38, but I get up to the part of hitting the back button, I getting

COAPI-1020: can not open file for reading
    C:\NCEXPER\WORK\FSW_PSW.MAN

First I tried your profile and Fisters, I get this message, when I use Expertmode, it goes through.

One of your replies state to a fellow E38 owner to make sure the FSW_PSW.MAN was clean and it is.

Any other route I should take to make either one of the profile to work.

As everybody else posted, thanks for shareing, I feel it will be very helpful software when I get it up and running.

Thanks,
    Last edited by myooohmy; 01-01-2011 at 02:04 PM.

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Make sure Windows doesn't fool you by hiding the extension. Perhaps the file you see as "FSW_PSW.MAN" is actually something like "FSW_PSW.MAN.txt".

My Cars
    2000 740ilS
    Make sure Windows doesn't fool you by hiding the extension. Perhaps the file you see as "FSW_PSW.MAN" is actually something like "FSW_PSW.MAN.txt".

Cool, didn't think about that, I check it out and post back.

Got it to work but, now there is no translation in NCS Dummy 2, getting the function keyword column, but no translation column.

I'm working on a E38 production date 12/99

Oh and it won't read E38-KMBI.C12- "An error ocurred wile reading module functions from "KMBI_E38.C12", Inconsistent date leng... But it will read KMBI_E3.C11

Thanks
    Steven
    Last edited by myooohmy; 01-02-2011 at 02:38 PM.

My Cars
    93 e30 327i / 95 e34 540
    man, you are my hero!!!
    Thanks for all your work!

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by myooohmy View Post
    Got it to work but, now there is no translation in NCS Dummy 2, getting the function keyword column, but no translation column.
    Make sure that "Translations.csv" is in the same folder as "NcsDummy.exe" (if you are running the application directly from the archive, try unpacking to a local folder first) and that the "Translations" checkbox is ticked.
    Oh and it won't read E38-KMBI.C12- "An error ocurred wile reading module functions from "KMBI_E38.C12", Inconsistent date leng... But it will read KMBI_E3.C11
    See "Known isses" in the opening post.

My Cars
    93 e30 327i / 95 e34 540
    About Nettodata coding... i can't really find anything relating to it, simply do it like the psw with a nettodata.man?

i have several data to use there, but i haven't figured out how to code it via ncsexpert...

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast