Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435

Thread: NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    It’s the other way around. I have factory PDC so it would be in the VIN/FA, but NCS expert does not see it, but there is also no Daten file for it, so it might be just as it should be.

It does show up in INPA/DIS and can be fully diagnosed.
    I'd still read the SA. You can manually decode it. Non-coded options, such as sports wheel and other stuff are still represented in the GM and SA
    No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

My Cars
    German E36 328i & M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by E36328Coupe View Post
    I'd still read the SA. You can manually decode it. Non-coded options, such as sports wheel and other stuff are still represented in the GM and SA
    And even if that would be the case, and it reads the module, what about the fact there is no Daten file for it?
    '98 BMW M3 3.2 SMG Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    And even if that would be the case,
    It is the case
    and it reads the module, what about the fact there is no Daten file for it?
    I said I would still read the SA, I didn't say it would get you anywhere but it may well help with your idea to try the E38 unit
    No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

My Cars
    German E36 328i & M3 cab
    I recalled video capturing my INPA "ID all modules" run from a while back. I did this as it shows the filenames of the .grp file it's part of (in EDIABAS\ECU). Because there are more modules that are in the car that can not be coded with NCS like DME, SMG and ABS module.

What I found out is that what they all have in common is that their ID_COD_INDEX: is 0, all others are !0 and this number matches the coding index number of its respective file in de Daten folder.

So when the PDC module is found, it also has a coding index of 0, which would also explain there is no daten file available for it. Which would confirm there is nothing to program.

When copying the PDC_C01 and C03 files from E38 to E36, NCS Dummy will read them correctly (using the PDC files from E46 gives data that isn't even PDC related).

And in the INPA ID run, the PDC module comes back as "D_0060: PDCE38".
    '98 BMW M3 3.2 SMG Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    It sounds like no point even trying to add the E38 unit then

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435