Thread: GREAT!! Need new rotors and pads all around

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528i,

GREAT!! Need new rotors and pads all around

Just got a call from my mechanic, the grinding noise I was experiencing was the lip of the rotor grinding. Anyone know a good source for rotors and pads?

My Cars
    15 328xi
    ECS Tuning.

My Cars
    any time, any place
    We have a brake kit made just for your 528i that consists of premium parts at a great price. For example, our kit with Zimmerman blank rotors and Akebono euro ceramic pads is less than 200 dollars.
    http://www.eactuning.com/e39-525i,-5...age-p-433.html

My Cars
    2003 525I
    If you're looking for a full set of rotors and pads, definitely call the guys at speed net motorsports in garden grove, ca. they have centric rotors and posi-quiet pads at ridiculous prices. they also do the drilling and slotting inhouse. Just a recommendation since I use them for my E39 and W211.
    2003 BMW M3 - Alpine White - 6 speed
    2002 BMW 330i - Gray - 5 speed

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    Quote Originally Posted by aa240sx View Post
    If you're looking for a full set of rotors and pads, definitely call the guys at speed net motorsports in garden grove, ca. they have centric rotors and posi-quiet pads at ridiculous prices. they also do the drilling and slotting inhouse. Just a recommendation since I use them for my E39 and W211.
    No.
    They are more expensive than R1 Concepts.
    And, they are the same exact product/ rotors.
    Chinese made.

Quote Originally Posted by unklbenz View Post
    Just got a call from my mechanic, the grinding noise I was experiencing was the lip of the rotor grinding. Anyone know a good source for rotors and pads?
    I HIGHLY recommend OEM brakes.
    Jurid front pads, and Textar rear pads.
    OEM Balo or Brembo rotors.
    Last edited by Jason5driver; 10-25-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528i,
    My Mechanic is giving me all 4 rotors, pads and sensors. Its all OEM for $506.

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    Quote Originally Posted by unklbenz View Post
    My Mechanic is giving me all 4 rotors, pads and sensors. Its all OEM for $506.
    Yes!
    Very good!

My Cars
    2003 525I
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
    No.
    They are more expensive than R1 Concepts.
    And, they are the same exact product/ rotors.
    Chinese made.

I HIGHLY recommend OEM brakes.
    Jurid front pads, and Textar rear pads.
    OEM Balo or Brembo rotors.
    Hate to disagree but R1's pricing on their website for 4 rotors is still more than Speed Net's which include not only the rotors, but the pads as well. BMW is not listed on speed net motorsports website, but you can call them to verify pricing.

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    Hate to disagree but R1's pricing on their website for 4 rotors is still more than Speed Net's which include not only the rotors, but the pads as well. BMW is not listed on speed net motorsports website, but you can call them to verify pricing.
    I have called Speed Net.
    They were more.
    Unless the Speed Net's prices have lowered.

What was your price from Speed Net?

My Cars
    01 540i/6 97 328i vert/
    check out BMW E39 525i 528 Brake Kit Brembo and Akebono 1997-2003 from fcpgroton.com. About $400 shipped for everything. Brembo blanks, sensors, akebono pads all around.

HTH

John
    2001 540i/6 - 144k

1997 328 ic - 67k
    hardtop

2008 328i 6spd 88k

2008 328i 84k auto

1998 328i sedan 5 speed - 190k RIP
    1995 325i sedan - Hellrot - 124k RIP

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Keep in mind when you support a supporting vendor like EACTuning, you are supporting this website. Considering this site has no membership fee and provides thousands of dollars in savings because of advice and DIYs, it seems like it might be a good idea to give them your business. Jut my $.02.

My Cars
    2003 525I
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc4 View Post
    Keep in mind when you support a supporting vendor like EACTuning, you are supporting this website. Considering this site has no membership fee and provides thousands of dollars in savings because of advice and DIYs, it seems like it might be a good idea to give them your business. Jut my $.02.
    We all appreciate your $.02. Just as much as I hope people appreciate my $.01 by allowing a certain amount of free speech on this forum to allow for opposing opinions such as ours. It's because I know the paid sponsors hope to get some type of ROI that I don't ever post what I paid for my stuff...respect. I've also purchased from EACTuning in the past (control arms) and am happy to throw them business when I can.

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    I hope people appreciate my $.01 by allowing a certain amount of free speech on this forum to allow for opposing opinions such as ours. It's because I know the paid sponsors hope to get some type of ROI that I don't ever post what I paid for my stuff...respect. I've also purchased from EACTuning in the past (control arms) and am happy to throw them business when I can.
    I have no problem with members posting info about good deals to be had outside of BF.c. The rules are vague on this subject. I am in no way affiliated with EAC and my affiliation with this website is limited to my moderation. I get absolutely nothing for what I do on this site except a warm fuzzy feeling. I just wanted to point out that the guys at EAC are helpful and they support this site. I'll leave the rest to be figured out by the "FULL" moderators.

My Cars
    99 528i 15 Corvette Z51
    I like Zimmerman Cross Drilled and Pagid Pads, they will dust, but they will stop very well. Or you can go with the Akebono Ceramics, if you don't want the dust.
    My 528 is a German Tank..
    My 2008 Chihuahua is Blue deal with it
    Always teaching now getting paid for it.

My Cars
    any time, any place
    We are currently working to improve EAC and I think you guys are going to like some of the things we have in store for you. I also wanted to mention that we have several other brand brake parts we can offer, some at even lower prices than the kits listed in the link I posted. For example, we are now offering a 540i front kit with meyle rotors and Hawk HPS pads for around 175 dollars. I can make the same kit for a 528i guy, which would be even less than the 540i parts, you just need to contact us.

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    Quote Originally Posted by ezbmr View Post
    I like Zimmerman Cross Drilled and Pagid Pads, they will dust, but they will stop very well. Or you can go with the Akebono Ceramics, if you don't want the dust.
    Do you have Pagid Blue pads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@EACTuning View Post
    We are currently working to improve EAC and I think you guys are going to like some of the things we have in store for you. I also wanted to mention that we have several other brand brake parts we can offer, some at even lower prices than the kits listed in the link I posted. For example, we are now offering a 540i front kit with meyle rotors and Hawk HPS pads for around 175 dollars. I can make the same kit for a 528i guy, which would be even less than the 540i parts, you just need to contact us.
    Meyle rotors...?

I am still waiting for one of you guys to run the HPS pads your your cars....
    It is hard for me to feel confident about buying the HPS pads if you neither of you have installed and ran them on your E39's....
    Last edited by Jason5driver; 10-25-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    any time, any place
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
    Meyle rotors...?

I am still waiting for one of you guys to run the HPS pads your your cars....
    It is hard for me to feel confident about buying the HPS pads if you neither of you have installed and ran them on your E39's....
    Yes, Meyle rotors. Excellent quality, and friendly pricing. I would expect to see a lot of people running them in the future at this price point.

Jared and I cannot personally test every item and variation of those items we carry, as much as I would like to. We brought in the Hawk products based on feedback and requests from our customers to do so. I'm only stacking up like 6k miles yearly on my 5 these days, it might be two years or more before I need another set of pads.

My Cars
    2001 540iA M Sport
    Hi Mark, Jared
    Could you post a deal for 540i front brake pads and rotors?
    Or could you enable this deal again?
    http://eactuning.com/brake-pad-set-w...ors-p-582.html
    I want zimmerman cross drilled as well as akebono pads (front and rear).
    Many thanks
    John

My Cars
    any time, any place
    Quote Originally Posted by augenblick View Post
    Hi Mark, Jared
    Could you post a deal for 540i front brake pads and rotors?
    Or could you enable this deal again?
    http://eactuning.com/brake-pad-set-w...ors-p-582.html
    I want zimmerman cross drilled as well as akebono pads (front and rear).
    Many thanks
    John
    The dollar pad deal was a "for a limited time" sort of thing, unfortunately you missed that one. However, we do have a kit with the parts you want listed in kits here.

Front:
    http://eactuning.com/bmw-e39-530i,-5...age-p-436.html

Rear:
    http://eactuning.com/e39-525i,-528i,...age-p-435.html

thanks! Let me know if you need any assistance making an order.
    Last edited by Mark@EAC; 10-25-2010 at 11:55 PM.

My Cars
    1990 325i/5; 2003 530i/5
    I'll be in the market for a complete set of blank rotors and pads soon. I'm replacing my CDV and I just ordered SS lines from UUC (though I guess e39's have steel clutch lines instead of rubber lines right? so there's no sense in replacing it with SS). I want to do a full brake job at the same time as all this and bleed it all after I'm done with ATE fluid.

My car is my daily driver, and it has seen the track once so far. I suspect it might see the track once a year even though I have an e30 track car, it's nice to take a different car every now and then. I'm not sure which product to go for in terms of brake pads.

I have a 2003 530i, anything for me?
    Last edited by DiscoDoughnuts; 11-01-2010 at 07:12 PM.

My Cars
    E39 540iA
    EACtuning or go home!

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    yaa
    the company which sold you the true 5 style
    LOL
    Last edited by champaign777; 11-02-2010 at 12:55 PM.

My Cars
    any time, any place
    Quote Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
    yaa
    the company which sold you the true 5 style
    LOL
    I think you might be confusing us with some other company, we have never sold style 5s.

We do however have great pricing on brake kits for all e39s. To see the current offerings just go here and click your model:

http://www.eactuning.com/brakes-c-68.html

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    sorry mark, my bad ... so many tuning
    Last edited by champaign777; 11-02-2010 at 03:15 PM.

My Cars
    any time, any place
    I know, I know. If it were up to me we would call ourselves something else...