Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 5mall5nail5 E30 Recession Swap

My Cars
    BMWs
    Latest updates have been wiring the 255HP pump into the factory ECU. I picked up a Radium relay kit and then replaced their wire with my own 12GA TXL wire, Raychem MiniSeals, DR-25, etc. It's all good to go runs the car with the key now vs. having to drape wires out from the trunk for testing LOL.

The odo hasn't worked for most of my owning this car. I finally got around to replacing the gears that were crumbly:

Additionally, the car had a 5K rpm tach since it started as a 325e. That had to go. Found a 7K face and coding plug:

And finally, the SI board which I had replaced in like 2008 with a Programa unit had died and was leaking. I managed to find a lithium battery unit. I swapped the lithiums on it and everything works once again... and my battery doesn't drain!

I realized my fuel sender gauge has a bad ground because it is apparently missing a nut, so I ordered some. But also took the opportunity to build the solder up for a better connection, also:

Tach, temp, etc. all work again! No battery drain. And, she runs with the simple turn of a key:

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Nice to see Mr. Kensy back at with the attention to detail.

I’ve always enjoyed looking at your photos even before instagram existed. Lol

Bravo!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415