Thread: Intermittent Coolant Light

My Cars
    1990 E30 325iC

Intermittent Coolant Light

Getting this every other drive or so on my 2002 E46. Coolant level is at the max cold line when I check it. I do not know if the water pump has ever been replaced and the car has 104K on it. Could this be indicative of an imminent problem with that pump?

My Cars
    98m395m30032394318ic
    coolant level sensor. or temp sensor. perhaps. check it out on a search.. cars not actually running hot? Also the water pump is a fairly easy and inexpensive diy... be forewarned not to take chances with the cooling system here. be careful and good luck
    !
    93 e36 vert / 95 E36 M3 Alpine / 98 M3/4 Estoril / 00 '46 Frankenbimmer CI , 68s / shark tooth injected driver bolster with slimline low gloss duct tape / angled front pass kidney grill with custom eject hood release / EE LEDs moisture sealed/ Pep Boys silicone / Google sky point OEM HIDs with glovebox leveling arm after wishbone install / custom BMW round pin diagnostic to USB cabin routed laptop with INPA for constant CE light delete / sock modded / t-shirt mod / clicking sound.

My Cars
    2010 bmw 318i
    Try bleeding the system before replacing parts but at that milage your probably due a cooling system overhaul

My Cars
    2002 325xi, 96 Accord
    My coolent light does this in the winter after I start the car cold. It gets stuck, is this what you mean. My coolant level is fine just the sensor acts up.
    Quote Originally Posted by softwarehawk View Post
    Does anyone know how the keyless ignition is meant to operate? The current system could be very dangerous if someone drove to an unsafe area, and then could not start the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathwarden5 View Post
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewayzracer View Post
    The poors might get him...

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Just ensure whenever you get it (the light)....and it doesn't clear within a few minutes......that you are keeping an eye on level, as the expansion tank are prone to develope hairline cracks or worse.

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    BMW Z4 2.5si
    Was just the radiator cap seals on mine just needed new radiator cap