Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Track junkies who go to Pacific Raceway...

My Cars
    E36 M3/4/5, E46 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by advanwrx View Post
    This car also broke a few hours in...
    Yep, water pump and head gasket. I talked to Gerald afterwards, he told me it was a used motor.

Quote Originally Posted by IcedLemonTea View Post
    um...let's stay on topic! PR Aka pacific raceway...
    1:45.xx in my Integra, on street tires and light traffic.
    Last edited by Flood; 10-24-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The best improvement you can do to a car is become a better driver.
    www.off-camber.net

My Cars
    E28 M5, E39 M5
    Well I don't think that the shop is competent to build a full Rolex motor, that car is an ex-PTG Rolex car. The mechanic that preps the car, Trever McDermott, is a good personal friend of mine and an excellent engineer. However the shop that he works for is well below par, it is certainly a cool looking car though!
    ROUSH Performance #51 GRAND-AM GS Car - Driver

My Cars
    e90 M-Sport 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Flood View Post
    FWIW, at last weekend's 12hr race at PIR...
    How did I not know about this race!? I've been to the 25 @ Thunderhill's a couple of times...endurance races are a blast to watch.

As for the PR times...Personally, I've never been there, but it looks like a 1:40 is more than respectable with the equipment you have, especially if Joey was running them in a Spec Miata. Miata guys are crazy!

My Cars
    95 BMW M3 | 03 330i ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Flood View Post
    Yep, water pump and head gasket. I talked to Gerald afterwards, he told me it was a used motor.

1:45.xx in my Integra, on street tires and light traffic.
    Thanks Joey. :-)

Not to divulge too much information or stray off topic, but the motor was built back east - unable to verify engine builder as the seller hasn't given the pertinent information.

The only thing I can say for sure is that the head gasket failed. The rest of the engine needs to be torn down and inspected before we can jump to any conclusions.

We made it into the six hour mark on a car that had less than two hours on it before the start of the race. Without finishing the race we met the rest of our goals for the weekend. Once we figure out the failure mode of the engine this car is going to be a great local race car.

As for Pacific Raceways this car turned a 1:30.272 with me bickering in his ear to soft pedal through the exit of eight into turn nine - sound monitoring.

My Cars
    93 325i
    1:40's in a street E36 is moving. I would be happy with that time and work on getting the feel for the car/track... things will get faster as you do that. ( personally with my tired 325 and limited track time... i would be leaving the track with a big smile if i could consistantly be under 1:50 at PR)

E46 PTG car was a fun car to work on at the 12 hour, I had a GREAT time being a part of that team, and that car.... oh ma gawd!

IIRC there has not been a Pro-3 car in the 1:37's yet.... yet, they are CLOSE. I know Andrew Newell ran a 1:38.4 or so in the Strictly car earlier this year.
    1993 BMW 325i-Track/1999 540i/6- Driver

My Cars
    SC'd e46, '11 5.0

Thumbs up

I'm on a 1999 e46 328i with 269 rwhp and 235 torque about but not until 7000 RPM. TCKline suspension with -3 camber up front #550 springs around I believe. R compounds and HT10 pads on stock rotors with SS lines and DOT4 fluids... no racing seat or belts unfortunately.... takes lots of muscles to keep in the center of the seat and imaginative leg positions.... everything else is stock inside which makes it scary, except for the short shifter and SC meth cooler switch. The car weighs 3200 pounds and used to be my daily driver (the setup is adjustable) but now just sits in the garage after I picked up a 5.0 that I'm making into the new track queen.

Best time is mid 1:38's, but with open track usually 1:39's, but not to the tenth because it is from video and not a timing system that the we can set up only on the alfa days and not the BMWCCA days.

This car is good for another second or two at the same weight if you were to have a cage in it, with pointed belts and safety equipment to allow you to go 10/10's with its current weight. Diving down into 2 in a not race-prepped car is just too scary when you have kids, although the repave is beautiful and has changed my line a bit.
    Bryce
    VF blown 328i w/meth inj., TC Kline S/A'. RIP - sold :-(
    '11 Mustang 5.0 w/ Eibach's & Koni's. Stock dyno 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375

My Cars
    99,03 Cobras
    Did you bring the mustang out in September and post a video of it on youtube?

My Cars
    SC'd e46, '11 5.0
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFist View Post
    Did you bring the mustang out in September and post a video of it on youtube?
    Yes, that was my first day with it at the track. Got lots to learn there; just changed out the suspension this week, but have to wait until winter is over to get track time on it again.
    Bryce
    VF blown 328i w/meth inj., TC Kline S/A'. RIP - sold :-(
    '11 Mustang 5.0 w/ Eibach's & Koni's. Stock dyno 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375

My Cars
    99,03 Cobras
    That video has already made its rounds on a couple mustang websites! I only wish it was longer...

Next time you head out let us know! I'm sure there's several people who would love to go out as well.

My Cars
    1995 bmw 325is S50B30
    Old bump but hows 1:37.1 on 235 NT01 on a daily driven car? Stock s50B30 325IS trm coilovers wilwood front calipers.
    First time driving there.
    1995 325is 5 speed S50B30
    I like the colour, No Bias
    Because Racecar
    -Did you hear that?

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Is editing anathema to some people?
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Anson, you slow as hell....
    For reference, you got about 15km/h faster coming into turn 2 than I could. 20km/h faster than my average. I never timed my runs though.
    I've heard from other people at that track day that they were very impressed with your driving.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    1995 bmw 325is S50B30
    Figured I was slow haha!
    1995 325is 5 speed S50B30
    I like the colour, No Bias
    Because Racecar
    -Did you hear that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12