Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Rent -- BMW Timing VANOS Tools (M50, M52, S50, S52) + Other Tools

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic

For Rent -- BMW Timing VANOS Tools (M50, M52, S50, S52)

Yes this post is old, and yes I am still renting the tools out. If I have the tools in stock I have a very quick delivery time. My out the door is usually same day and USPS Priority is 2-3 days most of the US. There isn't anyone or any company that will give you this quick of a turnaround at such a low price.

If interested send me an email. m50toolrental@gmail.com I will respond to them within the day. Usually it's less than a few hours.

I found a new way of shipping the Vanos tools so I am making some adjustments to the way I used to rent them. All in all there really hasn't been a change in the price, just the money is allocated different. Also this way shipping rates are a constant and do not need to be adjusted.

Cam and Vanos Timing tools $150.00 BMW113240X55

In short it will cost you $30 to rent these tools for 2 weeks. (This includes shipping both ways and the rental fee) The way these will work is $160 deposit, and $135 is returned when I get them back. Simple as that, shipping to you is covered. You are responsible for return shipping. ($5 via USPS small flat rate box 2-3 day shipping)

Picture:

Rent with confidence. I have rented to numerous forum members and have positive reviews from tool rental as well as the reputation of a 2500 post member.

Fine Print

Special Note: If you are doing a head gasket let me know and arrange a rental date. Most people renting are doing vanos refresh jobs and do not need the tools for much longer than a week or two at the most. Head gasket replacement is lengthy and will take longer than 2 weeks unless you have a lot of time on your hands or are some kind of super mechanic and can get your head through the machine shop over night. Most of the time these can be disassembled without the tools. It's putting them back together that requires the tools.

Once you have the head off, let me know and I will make sure the tools are on their way. Obviously contact me and let me know when you think you will need them and we'll go from there. Too many times I have had people have a cracked head and need to outsource a new head or something else which is a major setback, and time other people could be using the tools.

Deposit: I require a full deposit on anything that goes out. For the vanos tools this is 160. It is slightly higher than the cost of the tools, but this covers all of my shipping costs and some inconvenience for not getting the tools back!Additional Cost: I rent the tools out in 2 week increments. Be ready, get your project completed, and send them to the next forum member that needs them. I understand setbacks happen, but please do your best to get things done. I have recently implemented a new policy because the tools were out for longer than the 2 weeks, limiting availability other members. Anything over 2 weeks is subject to an additional $10 per week.
    Additional Information: I may or may not decide to charge the additional (late) fee. It depends how overdue it is and most importantly how well the renter communicates with me. If you can give me a date that they will be shipped out that allows me to communicate that to other members. If I have no idea this requires more work from me to communicate with everyone so I can get them out. . . In short, I will pass some of my 'inconvenience' to you by charging you for it. If no one is waiting for them, I'm not going to be a prick about it, but that is luck of the draw.

Edit: Feel free to email me at m50toolrental@gmail.com I don't always get around to checking this thread.
    Last edited by E36BMW3series; 03-29-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Added Email Address

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330Ci

Re: Tool rental

I am doing the head gasket on a 2003 330Ci. I would like to rent these tools. Also, do you have the torx socket for the head bolts? Please PM me at ericebert1@gmail.com. I don't have access to emails, I have not been a member long enough...

My Cars
    2002 530i
    My name is David and I am interested in renting your tools. Please call me @ 717-379-1384. My email address is dbhflooring1@aol.com but if it is ok with you, I would rather talk to you over the phone. Thanks David

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic
    These are still being rent on regularlly. My primary contact is VIA email or PM and not this thread, which is fine.

If you need the tools, or wish to inquire on them, let me know.

My Cars
    e36 m3
    Hi,

I am interested in the rental of tools required for vanos repair. I sent an e-mail to you but it didn't seem to work. I am not able to PM yet, so if you are still renting out the tools please let me know. Thanks.

My Cars
    2001 530i (E39) 128k

My Cars
    none
    are these still available!?

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic
    Just wanted to update this and let everyone know I made a new email address specifically for this purpose. I was having a hard time organizing all of my regular emails with my "tool" email. This new email will help me stay organized and hopefully better assist everyone with tool rental. Also, I just want to let everyone know these emails will go to my phone. I work full time and don't always have access to a computer, however I will get the emails. If I feel like I can answer it with a few words, it will be responded to quickly. If it's going to take longer, I will wait until I am at a computer to respond.

Sorry to any replies I haven't got back to. I don't check this thread often.

There is a backup on the tools, however, yes they are still available.

Once again, my email is m50toolrental@gmail.com I have noticed some have been getting sent directly to my junk email, so I will now start checking that.

Thanks for the inquiries.
    Last edited by E36BMW3series; 01-30-2012 at 08:30 PM.

My Cars
    m5
    Thanks for renting me the tools. You're a life saver!

My Cars
    '98 318i, '98 M3 Sedan
    Just wanted to leave feedback on this service. Keegan was very easy to deal with and very fast on emails and shipping. Tools did the job and the price is great for one of those jobs that you just don't do repeatedly and don't want to have to ante up for all the special bits.

So no problems for me, worked out great and I recommend it if you are considering doing the job yourself!

My Cars
    325ic
    Great tool rental procedure. Everything went very smooth. I had some unexpected stuff come up and he was fast with communicating back with me. The tools were in great condition and overall process was very fast.

If you are doing this yourself I recommend you rent the tools, there is no point in spending 100+ dollars unless you are planning on doing more engine work yourself.

Thanks!!

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic
    Tools are currently available! Email to set up.

m50toolrental@gmail.com

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Pm'd
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Free bump for a good renter! Went out of his way to get the tools to me quickly and returned the deposit quickly also. Thanks again man!!
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    '95 M3 Coupe
    Hi, I am planning to do my head gasket from now until July 14th. A buddy of mine who is a mechanical wizard is going to be helping so I'm pretty confident we'll stick to the schedule...plus, I need my car to get me to work...so that's motivation. Please contact me to set everything up ASAP if they are available for rent. Ballard.jordan@gmail.com

Thanks!

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic
    Tools are back and available for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Foda420 View Post
    Free bump for a good renter! Went out of his way to get the tools to me quickly and returned the deposit quickly also. Thanks again man!!
    Thanks. Glad you were happy with the service!

Quote Originally Posted by LocalCelebrity View Post
    Hi, I am planning to do my head gasket from now until July 14th. A buddy of mine who is a mechanical wizard is going to be helping so I'm pretty confident we'll stick to the schedule...plus, I need my car to get me to work...so that's motivation. Please contact me to set everything up ASAP if they are available for rent. Ballard.jordan@gmail.com

Thanks!
    I don't check this thread very often, so please email me directly at m50toolrental@gmail.com. Those emails go directly to my phone, and if I'm not at work I usually respond within 15 min.

My Cars
    09/95' 325ic
    Free Bump for a great service. Whole process was quick and easy. I really appreciate it.

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic
    Currently Available. First come, first serve.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by E36BMW3series View Post
    Currently Available. First come, first serve.
    Need the vanos tools + spring compressor tool

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic
    4 years later and many happy people; these are still for rent.

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic
    Been a while since the last post. These are still available. I'm just getting them back in so they are available as of 8/5/2015.

Comes with 2-3 day shipping via USPS. If I have payment before noon EST. they will be out the same day.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328IS Coupe

Glad theyre still available!

Quote Originally Posted by E36BMW3series View Post
    Been a while since the last post. These are still available. I'm just getting them back in so they are available as of 8/5/2015.

Comes with 2-3 day shipping via USPS. If I have payment before noon EST. they will be out the same day.

Awesome! I saw how old the post was (just discovered it today) and was worried. I will be asking to rent these sometime in the next couple weeks!! Head Gasket replacement time...

Thanks

candameron

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic
    Tools still available and ready to ship out.

Been doing this for 5 years so rent with confidence. I'm able to do this cheaper and more efficient than anyone else out there due to my streamlined process.

My Cars
    '99 M3, '14 Civic
    Still renting away. Send me an email with any inquiries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast