Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The files to an EasyDIS\GT1 machine!

My Cars
    2002 M3C
    Quote Originally Posted by MaikelK View Post
    And for NCS, i dont know if it is working, didn't tryed it! I had succes with INPA for the GT1/DIS machine, other funtions i didn't tested! Sorry if that is not working!
    NCS was the only program to have trouble with 64 bit in the first place. The rest of them were always fine...
    Sorry to sound like a dick, but in your signature you're advertising something you've never even tested yourself. Props for uploading everything, it's an amazing database, I'd just downplay the 64 bit thing a little bit until you know that it works. I'd love to get it working myself, so I don't have to dual-boot XP.

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by kreller View Post
    Can not get progman to install, Tried with daemon tools and burned it on dvd's.
    It took me about 4 or 5 tries with each disk to get it to finally install. I just selected "Use iso image" in vmware CDROM settings.

One thing I noticed and mentioned a few times before is that mucking with the registry to get a normal shell, as referenced in various guides, results (on my machine anyway) in two instances of whatever shell is set being run. You can see this if you grab the title bar of the "Installing" dialog and drag it to the side. There's another one under it.

I tried it instead by mounting the VMWARE disk image as described, but instead of mucking with the registry, I copied c:\windows\explorer.exe to the directory where the shell is (c:\windows\system32\ifs\install\ ) and renaming instprg.exe to something else, then renaming explorer.exe to instprg.exe. This has the same basic effect in that explorer.exe is run and all the changes can be made, then just rename them back while still running as admin, then when you reboot, it's back to the way it was. This prevents the second instance of whatever shell value is set (I've researched this registry "bug" but I came up with nothing).

I don't have any proof, but I think this may be the reason for some of the problems during installation as I believe that two separate installations are going on at the same time and overwriting each other.
    Last edited by Gene Poole; 12-20-2010 at 03:35 PM.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    NCS is 16 bit. Dont think it will ever work under a 64bit OS.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    E46 320i, E30 325e
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiD View Post
    NCS was the only program to have trouble with 64 bit in the first place. The rest of them were always fine...
    Sorry to sound like a dick, but in your signature you're advertising something you've never even tested yourself. Props for uploading everything, it's an amazing database, I'd just downplay the 64 bit thing a little bit until you know that it works. I'd love to get it working myself, so I don't have to dual-boot XP.
    I said INPA was working, not NCS, but i'd should have been more clear about what was working! Maybe...

My Cars
    2001 E46 330D-2007 E61
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Poole View Post
    It took me about 4 or 5 tries with each disk to get it to finally install. I just selected "Use iso image" in vmware CDROM settings.

One thing I noticed and mentioned a few times before is that mucking with the registry to get a normal shell, as referenced in various guides, results (on my machine anyway) in two instances of whatever shell is set being run. You can see this if you grab the title bar of the "Installing" dialog and drag it to the side. There's another one under it.

I tried it instead by mounting the VMWARE disk image as described, but instead of mucking with the registry, I copied c:\windows\explorer.exe to the directory where the shell is (c:\windows\system32\ifs\install\ ) and renaming instprg.exe to something else, then renaming explorer.exe to instprg.exe. This has the same basic effect in that explorer.exe is run and all the changes can be made, then just rename them back while still running as admin, then when you reboot, it's back to the way it was. This prevents the second instance of whatever shell value is set (I've researched this registry "bug" but I came up with nothing).

I don't have any proof, but I think this may be the reason for some of the problems during installation as I believe that two separate installations are going on at the same time and overwriting each other.
    I only have one install going on, but it will not install. Have tried to install the base 31, three times and still the same result.

After download from server:
    Base 3,1 hack = 1.132.271.616 Byte / 1.05 GB, 787 files in 20 folders
    Cd 1 = 4.656.078.848 Byte / 4.33GB, 99 files in 59 folders
    Cd 2 = 2.530.492.416 Byte / 2.35Gb, 129 files in 59 folders

My Cars
    2006 E90 330i
    Oh, so base31 fails to install? Most of my problems were after base31 finished and requested CD1 and CD2.

Perhaps we should move this discussion to another thread since it is off-topic for this thread.

My Cars
    2001 E46 330D-2007 E61
    No, base 31 installs fine, i just reinstall too be sure that it was not the base 31 that made the problem.

My Cars
    E46M, E70d, '15 TT F150
    has anyone besides the OP successfully used this setup to create the DIS/GT1?
    02 M3 Topaz/Cinnamon - CSL Box, Lid, Steering Rack & Roof, SSV1's, Morr VS8.2's, TTFS tune 322/249 SAE on 91 (stock head/cams) - 3.5L, wide bearing Frankenstein (assembled, ready for drop in).
    11 X5d Jet Black/Oyster - Sport Activity, Technology, 214's, Tow Package, Amsoil'ed, TTFS Diesel Tune - Kid hauler
    15 Metallic/Black Nappa F150 Lariat - Quad-Cab, 12k towing package, American Racing Downpipes, Livernois 91 tune - Tow Pig.

My Cars
    E46 Compact 318ti
    hey guys
    now im finishes installing dis, very nice tutorial

thank you maike

but i have a little problem, i'd like to work with an e61 and i think i need the v57, where can i get it??

after updating the coding won't work no more in dis,only in progman/ncs right?
    Last edited by cottec; 01-22-2011 at 06:01 AM.

My Cars
    E46 320i, E30 325e
    No probs with installing what so ever? On what for Windows?

And for the E61 i think you need version 57, if it's not in the list.
    But then coding doesn't work if im correct. Then Progman should be used.
    I don't know where to get v57, i'm still searching!

My Cars
    E46 Compact 318ti
    i installed it on win xp

but i didn't test the connection with my interface when i posted...

now i wanted to setup the interface and the api-test fails.
    i'll post the errors on monday, no time today
    because of this dis doesnt find a diag head

when everything works im gonna install progman v32, but at first i'd like the dis to work

My Cars
    E46 320i, E30 325e
    Try the settings that i posted in one the folders with the nameUsing Carsoft Cable for DIS Protocol and Process settings.pdf!

My Cars
    E46 Compact 318ti
    hmm, i've changed it, but are these the right settings for obd2?
    my error when performing api-test: NET-0002: ILLEGAL VERSION

today i'm playing with progman, but when it askes me to put in the dvd it doesn't notice when i load the image via daemontools or direct into the vm...
    Last edited by cottec; 01-25-2011 at 11:06 AM.

My Cars
    E46 Compact 318ti
    nothing?

My Cars
    E46 320i, E30 325e
    Make sure that when you mount the image, the tickbox before Connect DVD or something it says is ticked! Otherwise it wont work!

My Cars
    E46 Compact 318ti
    ticked?!
    if i right klick on the cd icon it says connect/disconnect or settings

My Cars
    E46 320i, E30 325e
    Choose Connect! If you click on the icon you wile get a screen with the same settings if im correct!

My Cars
    11 335d, 03 325i
    Is anyone working on a bittorrent download of this thing? I don't think I have the patience to sit here all day waiting for the counter to go down... I have a seedbox i can dedicate once i get it downloaded from whoever makes the .torrent file.
    Strömung Exhaust // Bilstein Sport/H&R Sport Suspension // Microsuede Interior // 6000k HIDs // Cosmos V2 Intake // Manual ZF Swap // Jim Conforti Chip

My Cars
    2001 325i
    is everybody a member of demonoid or torrentleech? i'd put them up there if there were enough members

My Cars
    E46 Compact 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by MaikelK View Post
    Choose Connect! If you click on the icon you wile get a screen with the same settings if im correct!
    hm, really strange, it seems not to detect the dvd. on another pc(netbook) it detects the dvd but the installation stops after some hours

(this is not my own screenshot, it should just show where i'm at)

my daemon-tools drive is connected and the progman iso is inserted, windows installs the drivers, the agp warning and nothing more happens
    i got an working agp driver, but i still can't get further than shwon in the picture

edit: finally i've made it
    i just restarted the whole tut with a new machine^^
    Last edited by cottec; 02-02-2011 at 03:49 PM.

My Cars
    11 335d, 03 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    is everybody a member of demonoid or torrentleech? i'd put them up there if there were enough members
    Why a private tracker? Why not just throw it on something like TPB or isohunt?
    Strömung Exhaust // Bilstein Sport/H&R Sport Suspension // Microsuede Interior // 6000k HIDs // Cosmos V2 Intake // Manual ZF Swap // Jim Conforti Chip

My Cars
    2001 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by jijacob View Post
    Why a private tracker? Why not just throw it on something like TPB or isohunt?
    too many leechers/not enough trustworthy seeders

My Cars
    11 335d, 03 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    too many leechers/not enough trustworthy seeders
    I run ubuntu at home. Gimme a little bit and I'll make a tracker real quick. I'll leave it running for this for the foreseeable future.

My Cars
    E46 Compact 318ti
    alright, next problem,

api-test:

error: illegal version

wtf?!

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530i
    What's the serial-number for the VMWare, or where can I find it? I've installed the software but when I try to power on the virtual disk it asks for a serial number. Did I not install the software correctly?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast