Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY: Pre-2002 E46 Aux Input

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3
    From what I understand, the Grom adaptor plugs into the CD changer's harness located on the left side of the trunk, behind the trunk lining. It's more or less a simple plug and play item. The only real difficult part is then running the plug from the new adaptor through the car up to the front seats. It should be easy enough to do with some hand tools.

2003 ///M3 6spd Jet Black/Cinnamon | BC Racing Coils | VMR VB3's | Coby Wheel |
    (I Loan Valve Adjustment Tools! PM me...)

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3 Roadster
    I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but would anyone still have the PDF of these instructions? The images aren't showing up anymore... I'd appreciate a visual guide.

Thanks!

My Cars
    E53, E90, Triumph GT6
    Quote Originally Posted by 328ci906 View Post
    That said, you do still need a CD in the actual player, for example my CD changer still has one CD in it, it's constantly playing in the background, but instead of it's audio, all you can hear is my iPhone. I just leave the HU's display on the clock and I never see the cd changer running.
    The HU can also be tricked into thinking that it has a CD changer even when it doesn't. Takes a bit of computer magic but can be done without too much trouble. I did this in my own home grown IPOD adapter/controls. The getting it to recognize the CD player part was actually pretty easy. My thread on what I did for an Ipod control/adapter is here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...9#post26478499 Not exactly a DIY but some good information perhaps?

My Cars
    1989 bmw 325i
    Has anybody used the Grom audio aux input with success on our year/model? My car has the business cd with HK audio. No DSP since I believe that was on the Navi models? I want to purchase it but I don't want to waste my time if it doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by gtdragon980 View Post
    Has anybody used the Grom audio aux input with success on our year/model? My car has the business cd with HK audio. No DSP since I believe that was on the Navi models? I want to purchase it but I don't want to waste my time if it doesn't work!
    Actually, you DO have the DSP in your car if you have HK. It's the button with the speaker symbol on it bottom of the center dash.

I haven't tried Grom, but please let us know how it is once you're tried it.

My Cars
    328 CI, R.I.P 92 325I
    Quote Originally Posted by SarhanSpecial View Post

Actually, you DO have the DSP in your car if you have HK. It's the button with the speaker symbol on it bottom of the center dash.

I haven't tried Grom, but please let us know how it is once you're tried it.
    yea I'm curious about the grom as well. I haven't been able to get a real definitive answer on how well it works/ sounds. maybe a good write up in a new thread if you install it ??

My Cars
    1999 BMW 318 E46 AUTO
    Hi there

Im just wondering how i can do this NOT with a jack lead, but a USB. I had a head unit you stick in a usb stick and all the music on it played through head unit, is this possible with my standard head unit, i have the Business Head unit with 6 disc changer in trunk - 1999 E46

My Cars
    E53, E90, Triumph GT6
    Quote Originally Posted by niall1984 View Post
    Hi there

Im just wondering how i can do this NOT with a jack lead, but a USB. I had a head unit you stick in a usb stick and all the music on it played through head unit, is this possible with my standard head unit, i have the Business Head unit with 6 disc changer in trunk - 1999 E46
    The head unit does not know how to speak to a USB chip. You would have to add a converter of some sort of like ipod adapters.

My Cars
    02 330ci Steel Gray
    I currently have an aftermarket satellite radio installed in my 02 330ci. I believe it is wired in the same way you did this - do you think it would be possible for me to install a toggle switch (manual) somewhere, so that I would be able to switch between aux and satellite radio?

Could a multiplexer be used?
    Last edited by drummr8; 08-06-2014 at 09:50 AM.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Syco View Post
    lol, well damn, I guess that means I have to buy a 6 disk changer. still cheaper than spending 90 bucks on an adaptor
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    323ci e46
    I have a buisness cd radio from 3/2002 will it work???

My Cars
    LS E46
    Quote Originally Posted by rwheeler91 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    What's this supposed to be? A pic and no details?

My Cars
    2001 bmw x5
    Im thinking this will work for my 2001 e53??

My Cars
    e36 with m52tub28
    Sorry for old thread revival. Just one thing that is a bit confusing to me.
    Do you join both R(-) and L(-) together? They are both grounds, as far as I understand.
    The picture confused me a bit.
    And the aux cable has just 3 cables. R, L and GND.
    Or do you join R(+) with R(-) and L(+) with L(-) and do something else with the ground cable? Sounds illogical to me.

Thanks a lot!

My Cars
    94 bmw e36 325i convert
    Good evening...

Came across this tread whilst searching google.

Please can you send me the pdf for the DIY aux input.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12