Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Must have mods for e46 330CI

My Cars
    2001 330CI

Must have mods for e46 330CI

Well, since im new to the e46 community (a recent convert from e36) I'm looking to find out what are the "Must have" mods for this car. Stance, suspension, power, aesthetics, etc..
    Of course it's all based on taste and my own taste is where the final decisions come from on my car but just out of curiosity-
    What does YOUR list of must haves contain?

My Cars
    2006 330i
    My list contains: all maintenance items up-to-date. And stock parts in pristine condition. I'm a perfectionist at heart.
    Don't care for mods, personally.

My Cars
    See sig. & avatar
    The paid-for and maintained car is the best mod there is! After that, we all have different tastes, as you say.
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    E30 & E46
    Mine includes clear corners/sidemarkers/red/white striped tail lights. Suspension: Bilstein Sports and H&R springs, maybe golf-tee mod for the exhaust, synthetic fluids, stainless steel brake lines, ZHP front and back bumpers, ZHP control arms, Poly front cab bushings (rear TABs undecided)

thats what I have in mind for my car so far. First I'm doing all maintenance. I just did my cooling system... nightmare job. The E36 M3 was way easier.. take your time on the cooling system and above all else: make sure the expansion tank is firmly seated and its locking clip locks and clicks securely into place. Trust me on this... this needs to be triple checked before driving.

My Cars
    13' Nissian Frontier P4x
    ZHP front bumper? lowered via sport kit...
    BFC Nikonian #6
    BFC Motocycle Club!

My Cars
    2009 135i
    First thing I would do is to get rid of the front reflectors. Either go body color or clear to match your corners.

email : nick@jlevisw.com | tel : 1.888.553.8479 x6 | aim : nickatjsw

Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

My Cars
    1999 323i, 1984 325e
    Cold Air Intake!

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330Ci/6Spd
    good tires, high "W" or "Y" rated. short shifter for the manual. VANOS seals replacement no doubt. vacuum hose/intake boot replacement regardless of codes or not. DISA airflow valve cleaned thoroughly and lubricated/sealed. window tint everything but the windshield (someone broke into my car through front window, got window replaced and other windows tint removed, but need to re-tint myself).

if i had money to piss, a conforti chip, intake, and exhuast. some coil overs, style 72 wheels, probably a rebuilt head.... umm, actually even if i did have that money to piss, i still wouldn't piss on mods for my 330, i would turn around and get an M3 and be done with it... probably save some money even.

My Cars
    2006 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by dabdibridgep View Post
    good tires
    Definitely a good one!

My Cars
    E46M
    First and best mod you can do to any car is:
    A very good set of tires.

-Afterwards, buy CSL reps.
    -Then, the $500 Coilover set from ECStuning perhaps?
    -Followed by Exhaust.
    -CAI
    -Shark Chip

Just my list..

rayzah blade is offline your own personal Fonzie BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2002 E46, 1996 DB7
    lol, first thing 'I' would have done, already being a bf.c member... would have been to look at the parked threads, and I would have then realized there is actually a thread in this forum titled 'post your modifications' and would have realized it's exactly what I was looking for when I started this thread....... but that's just me, and everybody's different.
    Underglow kit, flashing corners, clear vents for your windshield washer reservoir, altezzas, a shocker decal and for God's sake man MOAR LOW!!!!!
    Built by me, for me.
    "if we fight for money, I'll stop hitting when you ask me to...If we fight for honor i'll stop when I feel like it" - Rickson Gracie

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kBMW3Series View Post
    First and best mod you can do to any car is:
    A very good set of tires.
    Some sticky tires are cool but what's that going to do except reduce wet perfomance if you don't plan on pushing your car every day on the way to work? If performance is the case, go with serious weight reduction and then tires, but I feel like that's not what kind of mods he's talking about.

I'd go with very simple aesthetics to keep it as stock looking as possible except cleaner like as mentioned, clear corners, markers and tails; license plate delete; a conservative tint; either getting rid of chrome trim or making it all chrome whatever is the preference to make it uniform; iPod integration or AUX cable; akebono Euro Ceramic Pads; and most importantly definitely maintenance.

Don't forget M3 style gills...

My Cars
    330iS
    Orion V2 Angel Eyes

My Cars
    2001 330CI
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzah blade View Post
    lol, first thing 'I' would have done, already being a bf.c member... would have been to look at the parked threads, and I would have then realized there is actually a thread in this forum titled 'post your modifications' and would have realized it's exactly what I was looking for when I started this thread....... but that's just me, and everybody's different.
    Underglow kit, flashing corners, clear vents for your windshield washer reservoir, altezzas, a shocker decal and for God's sake man MOAR LOW!!!!!
    I've been a bf.c member for 5 years, i think i know how the forums and search function work. I read through the entire "post your mods thread" and there are 160 posts of every mod imaginable, thats not exactly a "must have mod" thread.
    I sincerely thank you for your input though on your must have mod list though I dont agree with a single one.
    Last edited by djetaine; 10-04-2010 at 11:38 PM.

My Cars
    2002 E46, 1996 DB7
    Meh, different strokes for different folks. Funny, cause when I read that thread, quite a few common items seem to repeat themselves... Ah well. As long as we all look the same, moar power to teh people!!!
    Built by me, for me.
    "if we fight for money, I'll stop hitting when you ask me to...If we fight for honor i'll stop when I feel like it" - Rickson Gracie

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP 6MT
    The E46 mods are similar to the E36. Most start with the basics of clear corners, drop and wheels. After that it gets into more personal taste.
    Eli

My Cars
    2000 323Ci RIP, e34 525i
    When I joined the community I saw all the cool looking rides everyone had and wanted to get down to modding right away. But after awhile I came to appreciate how nice a clean and well maintained stock e46 is in its own right. Mine is far from perfect but I still appreciate it in its almost 100% stock form.

My advice is to keep it minimal and clean. Clear corners and reflectors for a more euro look (if you're into that), a good set of tires (wheels too if you want), and angel eyes (if you like that look - I do).

My Cars
    e21, e30 m3. e46 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetblack2000Ci View Post

after awhile I came to appreciate how nice a clean and well maintained stock e46 is in its own right.

My advice is to keep it minimal and clean.
    couldn't have said it better!

well maybe, just add that you get some extra brake pads and join BMWCCA.

www.BMWCCA.com
    Tom D

77 e21 - m42
    88 e30m3
    04 330 dinan3
    84 r1000rt
    02 r1150rs
    all of them gray
    14 f800gsa - red headed stepchild!

My Cars
    325Ci
    couple of things that are wrong with the stock e46:
    offset (especially rear) - easily fixed with spacers
    bumper reflectors - clear
    corner lights - clear

nice upgrades:
    mtech bumpers
    m3 style trunk lip spoiler
    ZHP shift knob

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Actually having properly maintained paint. I hate when people completely look past the paint and try to show off their sun and my eyes are completely directed to the swirls on your hood that can be corrected easily and makes the car look 100000% better.

2015 ProSolo STX Class Champion

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Aslo check the mod thread for ideas.......welcome.

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    '04 330CIC
    If it is a manual make sure the CDV has been removed.
    '04 330CIC, 3 pedals, M Sports\Aerodynamic Packages
    '05 BMW R1200RT
    '94 BMW R100GSPD
    '84 BMW R100S (Wannabe)

My Cars
    2001 325Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzah blade View Post
    I saw at least all of these this weekend
    Now they dropping and yelling, it's a tad too late, Nate K and Rayzah Blade had to regulate.
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even thank her." ~W.C. Fields
    Two tone leather boots, CF B&R emblems, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED sidemarkers, CF interior layout, Suwoo highbeam bowls
    Rooted Droid2 running stock overclocked to 600 MHz

My Cars
    2002 E46, 1996 DB7
    Quote Originally Posted by NDubSki View Post
    I saw at least all of these this weekend
    lol, right?!!

dude guy bro sh!t that e46 vert was wretched. Couldn't even bring myself to snap a pic.. altezza's, chrome, more chrome, alpina badges, more chrome.. just horrible. If you're a member, I apologize for my bluntness, but I can see why you may not have ever posted pics here, and suggest you never do.
    Built by me, for me.

My Cars
    2001 330CI
    I think over the long run ill end up with:
    clear reflectors, Dynavin v5 nav system, m3 quad exhaust, painted brakes and slotted rotors, new bumper to match exhaust (havent decided on which) projector fog lamps and angel eyes.

When i bought the car it had the zhp shifter (needs to be replaced as its peeling, probably replace with illuminated zhp), mtech wheels, cf roundel (will probably go back to stock)
    Needs some paint as well.
    Got a long road ahead of me, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast