Thread: Do I have a story to tell you guys....

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840ci

Do I have a story to tell you guys....

I know this might be kinda long, but bear with me.

So a few nights ago a made plans with this girl to pick her up and take her to old town Pasadena, a nice area for walking around, a great place to take a girl out on a first date which is what it was. I had met her at a club a couple times and she was really cute and everything so I was pretty excited. The date was planned for last night. So yesterday I went ahead and washed my car, cleaned it inside and out, made sure it looked nice. I felt pretty good as I left and it took me like 30 mins to get to her place, it was a very long distance but I took the freeway there. Finally, after going through ten minutes of hard core traffic I exit and I get to her house. Literally the second I drive by her house I see steam/smoke coming out of the hood of my car. My first thought was "Steam...go away! not now". and it actually stopped for a couple seconds. Then it came back in full force and I pulled my car over. As i got out of my car I was telling myself "this isnt happening, its just a dream" i was in complete disbelief at the situation. Im here on my first date 30 miles away from home and my car has just broke down. i pop the hood and the radiator pipe is completely blown out, i recall my mechanic pouring what seemed like a little too much radiator fluid a couple days earlier. At that point the girl called asking me where I was and I told her what happened. She met up and I still couldn't believe what was going on. She was actually pretty cool about the situation and I told her ill make up for it next week. Meanwhile I started laughing as i thought of what my friends would say when i told them what had happened. I ended up calling my dad who came and picked me up. He laughed about the whole thing in the car and tried cheering me up, which he did. We are going to take the car to our mechanic today, shouldn't be a tough fix. But anyhow thats the story i wanted to share. My 8 let me down

My Cars
    E31 4.4, E66 V12, E70 TT
    WOW!
    what a story

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Tell me about it. This summer was going on a date with a girl. Pick her up and we go to a club. When we were heading to my place i back out of my spot and see some wetness on the pavement. Tell her to wait and go out of the car to check. Smell it and it was fuel. Holy fun I think. Then I think to myslef. She wont do anything stupid. Sat in the car and drove home . The next day she had new fuel lines. Funny on the way the girl asked me what that smell was. Told her it was probably the car in front of us

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    Would have been interesting to try and explain the fire ...

Did the hose look something like this?---->

Last edited by TxGR8White; 09-25-2010 at 04:45 PM.
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    E38 728i, 740i /E31 850i
    She's just jealous! Happens all the time!

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840ci
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGR8White View Post
    Would have been interesting to try and explain the fire ...

Did the hose look something like this?---->

yes it did, i cant imagine how much pressure there was to blow that hose

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    That happened to me last month out of the blue. After closer inspection, it seems to have been a defect in the hose - another reason to use ONLY Genuine BMW parts on specific things like hoses (collant, PENTOSIN, fuel and oil lines)
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    911 + E31
    Yikes, that hose defect is scary stuff!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    BMW 850, Alpina B10 Biturbo, Alpina B12 5.0
    Well the girl earned points in my books be so cool and understanding. Uber bummer about the hose. Look forward to hearing how the next date attempt goes!

The kids:
    Alpinas: 91 E34 B10 Biturbo; 91 E32 B12 5.0; 91 E34 B10 3.0 Allrad (mom's car); '91 B10 3.5
    Bimmers: 91 E31 850; 93 E34 525i w/ aftermarket turbo; '01 X5 4.4; 93 E31 850i Dinan TT; 89 E32 750il Dinan TT; 92 750il w/ S70 engine and transmission
    Mercedes: 92 600sel; 93 S600 Lorinser
    VW: 04 Jetta GLS TDI

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840ci
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnalpina View Post
    Well the girl earned points in my books be so cool and understanding. Uber bummer about the hose. Look forward to hearing how the next date attempt goes!
    second date made up for it big time hahaha

My Cars
    BMW 850
    pics or it didnt happen

My Cars
    Black 1991 850i
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatandre View Post
    pics or it didnt happen
    Pics of the girl? The second date? or the Blown hose? What are you referring to?

OEM e38 M-Pars refinished Hypersilver with Michelin PS2's 245/40/18 front and 265/40/18 rear, DRT drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk racing pads, Blue racing brake fluid, stainless braided flex lines, Brake Bomb, e36-Sport steering wheel w/airbag, tranny filter/pan seal, 88,000 miles and always more to do.

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    (d.)-----)

...X, your mechanic loading up the reservoir did not ruin your radiator.

My Cars
    96 850ci
    Things happen for a reason I always say. Worst case she could of been in the car with you when it happened and everything gone south from there.

Glad to hear the second date went better. Faith.....

Peace!

My Cars
    91 Dinan860 & 91 850 6sp
    Quote Originally Posted by xP3RS1ANx View Post
    second date made up for it big time hahaha
    No pics of another 'blown hose' please.....

My Cars
    e34 535i e31 850i
    hey maybe your 8 did you a favour.. the chick might be a dirty birdy and have given you the HIV

My Cars
    C-GAGL
    Quote Originally Posted by Incantation View Post
    hey maybe your 8 did you a favour.. the chick might be a dirty birdy and have given you the HIV
    2nd date came and went he said... even if that was the case, he'd be SOL now.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840ci
    -_-