Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBay cast iron turbo manifold

My Cars
    turbo e36
    Ebay spa > Ebay treadstone

Real spa > Ebay spa

I have an Ebay spa, and trust me when I say the fitment sucks....you have to cut reliefs in the flange to allow for thermal exspansion and not crack, you have to grind some of the flange nuts flange off because they hit.the runners, then you have to get every single nut started before tightening any of them, took hours instead of minutes...then the wastegate placement...if your bottom mount it sucks, it leaves 1mm between the frame rail and wastegate pipe..but if your going to flip it, it might actually be better and clear the turbo, dunno.

My Cars
    67mm 325i, RAM 1500
    Whatever ebay manifold I had was terrible, spool was horrid and flow up top was tragic compared to my setup now, many will argue thay the hostide change was what made the real difference, jordan has seen hotside changes and a pickup of 200 rpm max with a drop in flow up top and my car now is pulling harder up top at lower boost and spooling much much earlier.

My Cars
    Red Sled, RC51
    What frank said. I had the ebay tubular manifold, which cracked then I switched to the ebay cast manifold. No other changes. I lost 500 rpm spool. However it was reliable and worked well.

"Believe nothing you hear, half of what you read"

My Cars
    tite
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance D View Post
    Ebay spa > Ebay treadstone

Real spa > Ebay spa

I have an Ebay spa, and trust me when I say the fitment sucks....you have to cut reliefs in the flange to allow for thermal exspansion and not crack, you have to grind some of the flange nuts flange off because they hit.the runners, then you have to get every single nut started before tightening any of them, took hours instead of minutes...then the wastegate placement...if your bottom mount it sucks, it leaves 1mm between the frame rail and wastegate pipe..but if your going to flip it, it might actually be better and clear the turbo, dunno.
    did you cut reliefs between each cylinder?

My Cars
    turbo e36
    I did groups of 2, real spa is cut every 1

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    +339
    What you did there, I see it.

My Cars
    97' 328is, 07' Titan
    Just get the SPA now. Not a knock off. They aren't that bad. I sell them at $475 shipped , and I'm pretty sure the vendors on here can do even better. Its really not worth it when you are expecting to have to change it out later. Remember when you do need to change it, your out the money on the eBay manifold and also fluids, gaskets , and a lot of time. The spa is a great manifold.
    Well ya if I can get it for that price or less then I would... I thought $600 was about the lowest haha.
    1997 328is - Megasquirt PNP, Holset HX35, Deka 80lb injectors, SPA T3, Precision PW39 WG, Synapse Synchronic BOV, DKM Organic Twin Disc Clutch, Innovate LC-2 W/B, Mishimoto Intercooler, Mishimoto Catch Can, Mishimoto Rad, Devils Own Meth, Porsche 911 calipers with E46 M3 rotors, Corsa Exhaust

My Cars
    1998 328i
    Is this the manifold in question? Is the wastegate placement really that bad?

My Cars
    TurboVert, MCoupe, 335xi
    Just get the SPA now. Not a knock off. They aren't that bad. I sell them at $475 shipped , and I'm pretty sure the vendors on here can do even better. Its really not worth it when you are expecting to have to change it out later. Remember when you do need to change it, your out the money on the eBay manifold and also fluids, gaskets , and a lot of time. The spa is a great manifold.
    How can you sell them at $475 shipped? Dealer cost is more than that...without shipping.

I've got a few T3 versions left that I'm selling off. If someone wants one, let me know before they are gone.

My Cars
    tite
    fyi, I received my spa knock off, if that's what it is, its labeled as a EMUSA manifold when I opened the box, which when I went to the website I found it for $117 + free shipping LOL dammit. it looks fine, I think the "collector" could have been designed a little better without the weird boxed empty area inside.

My Cars
    97 332i, 90 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by 7808 View Post
    http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=121270204603# anyone seen this one before?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTM4OFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqZ,!oIFB(p6C2ZKBQprLB(vY!~~60_3.JPG
    I'm currently running that mani in my car. Don't have any issues with it but spool isn't the best. I see full boost at about 3800 rpm with a gt35r .82 hot side but it works I ran 11.2 @ 120 shutting down at the 1000'. Be prepared to do ALLOT of cursing as fitment really blows with this mani. I had to fab a custom Wastegate pipe as theres hardly any clearance for the wg
    Last edited by Bke36Is; 10-29-2014 at 04:42 PM.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 7808 View Post
    fyi, I received my spa knock off, if that's what it is, its labeled as a EMUSA manifold when I opened the box, which when I went to the website I found it for $117 + free shipping LOL dammit. it looks fine, I think the "collector" could have been designed a little better without the weird boxed empty area inside.

Can we get a few more pics of that please. Something caught my eye.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    tite
    Sure which part?

To me it just looks like a cast version of the basic ebay tubular cheap manifold. I knew looking at it the wg placment would suck without making a sharp bend off it first. Id guessif anything hurts spool its that big hallow collector area. Also the head bolt holes seem kinda large like 3/8 or 10mm

My Cars
    1997 e36 325 M/T
    Hi guys i have e36 m50b25 single vanos..can i flipped stock manifolds upside down and welding extensions adapters for turbo? How i can do it? How i can welding two different metals(manifolds and extensions) thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12