Thread: Oil and battery lights came on

My Cars
    2000 328i

Oil and battery lights came on

I searched and couldn't find a similar issue here. Yesterday while coasting down a hill, the battery and oil lights came on in the dash. Nothing else or weird happened. Pulled in the median, turned car off, cranked back up and everything went back to normal. Any ideas why this happened?

TIA.

I love my wife, my boys and my girl.

My Cars
    E46 328ci 2000
    maybe the power went out for a moment, were you able to accelerate? It happened to me in my old 318, cruising along at 100kph and those two lights came on.

My Cars
    2000 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by clockworkpro View Post
    maybe the power went out for a moment, were you able to accelerate? It happened to me in my old 318, cruising along at 100kph and those two lights came on.
    I didn't try to accelerate. As soon as I saw the lights come on, I pulled over and stopped, so not sure if I could've or not. It was just weird.

My Cars
    E46 328ci 2000
    yeah when it happened to me everything stayed on, radio etc, except the tacho just dropped to 0 revs. if it happens again let us know.

My Cars
    2000 328i
    Thanks for your help. You were right on the money.

It happened again last night while coasting to a red light. Lost power. Fortunately I had to stop and was able to turn car off and then on again.

Now, for quite a while, the nagging SES light has been coming on and going off intermittently. I've had it pulled a couple of times, with same result - O2 sensor. Question is, are these related or just simple coincidence?