Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona State Sun Devil & New To BimmerForums

My Cars
    2002 M3

Arrow Arizona State Sun Devil & New To BimmerForums

Damn, I can't believe I just said that out loud? Not much to cheer about this year, then again there's always ASU baseball & golf... and Girls Gone Wild! Anyways, I just wanted to send a shout out to all the Arizona & SouthWest BMW enthusiasts, and especially a shout out to AzN_M5 for introducing me to this board. I currently drive a 2K+2 Jet Black M3, which actually turned out to be my first BMW. Unfortunately, it blends in with just about every other Black M3 with a Cinnamon Red interior riding on 19" OEM's. Which reminds me! Anyone know of a good place in Phoenix that does wheel (rim) repairs? I had a particularly nasty run in with a curb this weekend in an ASU parking structure, and needless to say, the curb won. Well I hope to get to meet you all up at the Pavilions after the Thanksgiving weekend! Until then, peace!

My Cars
    BMW 325is
    Welcome to the forum
    2004 330i ZHP

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Hey what's up Man!

Glad you found the board ok!

All right, for wheel repair here is what you do.

I recently had some curb rash repaired on one of my wheels.

Go to BMW North Scottsdale and talk to a sales guy named Rick Santa Maria, tell him Chris sent you and you wanted to see about repairing one of your wheels. He will then probably direct you to Steve Backman the #1 service advisor.

You're going to pay a little more, but I tell you, those guys at North Scottsdale are DAMN good at wheel repairs.

Anyway, good to have you aboard! Also, don't forget to post pictures of your car...

Chris

My Cars
    1982 320is
    : Welcome

ASU here as well

My Cars
    2002 M3

Thumbs up Thanks!

Chris, I'll definitely take your advice and check out BMW North Scottsdale! It will also give me an excuse to stop by the Persian Room and feast on some Kabobs! As far as pics of the ride, I'll have to think of something imaginative, or just take the easy route and drive up to Papago Park!

Mike, good luck to the Cats in this weekend's battle to see who's not #10 in the Pac! It must be hard to get into football when you know the BBall team is going to tear it up year after year. Hopefully, Ike & the gang can give you guys some decent competition this year!

I'm going to throw in the link to my webpage, which hasn't been touched in a few months but hopefully should be entertaining nonetheless. The "Bienvenidos" & "Amigos" links are the only ones that work, and hopefully I can get some new stuff on there over the Turkey Day break.

My Webpage!

Alright, well I best be going and preparing for my cross-city trek! Dinner plans are in the Scottsdale Desert Ridge area, and I'm about to pass out from starvation!

~Peace!

My Cars
    81 320i
    hey, i think i've seen ur car around campus before....

yeah there's a couple of us at asu as well
    altho watchout for that estoril blue e36 m3 w/ the pissed-at-the-world sounding exhaust :
    Last edited by jbob; 11-30-2003 at 03:44 AM.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    "Ask any racer any real racer...errr"

Sorry guys had a little brain fart there.

Yeah, word to the wise, watch out for any blue M3s making noises usually only heard out of Formula 1 cars.

My Cars
    1982 320is
    kazoo 's still wokring eh chris!! j/k

My Cars
    325i M-Tech, 525i
    Hey, welcome to bf.c! ASU here too. See you around campus!

My Cars
    BMW 325is

Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by PAGALM3
    Mike, good luck to the Cats in this weekend's battle to see who's not #10 in the Pac! It must be hard to get into football when you know the BBall team is going to tear it up year after year. Hopefully, Ike & the gang can give you guys some decent competition this year!
    Hahaha, yeah we've grown accustomed to having a bad football team, we need all the luck we can get in football. Thank god for our basketball team
    2004 330i ZHP

My Cars
    1982 320is
    i hate sports

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Yeah, word to the wise, watch out for any blue M3s making noises usually only heard out of Formula 1 cars.
    Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that on any given day, someone can really really put you in your place (regardless of modifications) if you're not driving around in Sport Mode with SMG Program 5 or 6 dialed in. Yet, that's not to take away anything from the M3! It's an amazing feeling to fire up an M3 every morning (or any BMW for that matter), it makes me wish the drive to work was 100 times longer!

hey, i think i've seen ur car around campus before....
    I'm usually at ASU on Monday & Tuesday evenings parked around the P.E. East building. The only way to distinguish my car from all the other Black/Cinammon M3's is by the flip-up side view mirrors. Which I hardly use of course, because if the parking space is so tight that I have to flip up my side views to fit, chances are I'll be crawling out through the sunroof!

So Mike, any suggestions on where to watch the ASU vs. UofA game in the old Pueblo? I'm visiting my family in Tucson over the Thanksgiving Day break, and it looks like Fox Sports Net isn't included in the Cox Basic option!

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that on any given day, someone can really really put you in your place (regardless of modifications) if you're not driving around in Sport Mode with SMG Program 5 or 6 dialed in. Yet, that's not to take away anything from the M3! It's an amazing feeling to fire up an M3 every morning (or any BMW for that matter), it makes me wish the drive to work was 100 times longer!
    So what do you do, drive around in Automatic? Silly boy.

That's what the paddles are for. As soon as you see someone fly by you nail that left paddle as many times as you can and send yourself into Sequential...assuming of course you left it in S5 then lets see how much that car gains on you.

Chris

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Originally posted by AzN_M5
    So what do you do, drive around in Automatic? Silly boy.

That's what the paddles are for. As soon as you see someone fly by you nail that left paddle as many times as you can and send yourself into Sequential...assuming of course you left it in S5 then lets see how much that car gains on you.

Chris
    Ha Ha! Actually, I also drive around with the parking brake on!

I'm still trying to master the transformation from everyday civilian to "S" badged super hero whenever someone tries to get a little brave. I usually sit in my car for about 2 hours a day and practice hitting the Sport & DSC buttons in one shot, then tapping the SMG toggle button up to S6 on the right arm recoil. Now, if I could only get Oakenfold's "Ready, Steady, Go" to automatically start playing!

My Cars
    bimmuh
    Originally posted by PAGALM3
    Ha Ha! Actually, I also drive around with the parking brake on!

I'm still trying to master the transformation from everyday civilian to "S" badged super hero whenever someone tries to get a little brave. I usually sit in my car for about 2 hours a day and practice hitting the Sport & DSC buttons in one shot, then tapping the SMG toggle button up to S6 on the right arm recoil. Now, if I could only get Oakenfold's "Ready, Steady, Go" to automatically start playing!
    you and me both.. i solved the dsc issue.. i just made it a habit to turn it off when I start the car in the morning and turn it back on when it rains or something..

now if I could only figure out how to NOT get excited when I'm gunning it and get the 1-2 shift right... i pull too hard to the left and on my way down to 2 I get it stuck in the "reverse" notch.. : it's like the most anticlimatic floorboard test in history...
    Don't like my driving? Get off the sidewalk!

My Cars
    bimmuh
    Originally posted by FastE21
    i hate sports
    even mudwrestling?!? :

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5 81 E21 72 Bav
    <------ I still have a clutch And a car older that some of the people on this board.

My Cars
    1982 320i
    <----- Has the clutch, and a car older than himself by 5 years

Welcome to the forums, you ever go down to the pavillions?
    1982 320i - 86xxx miles and not moving for now.
    Sound : Sony Cassette + 10 disk changer, Pioneer speakers, 10'' Boss sub x 2 --- Suspesion : H&R lowering springs, Bilstien Sport shocks all around.
    1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max - 84,xxx miles
    Broken A/C, but proving to be damn reliable. Sound : 2 Boston Acustic Speakers, 8'' Punch Sub, 350 watt Kenwood amp, Pioneer CD player. Best 3 speaker system I've ever heard.

One thing at a time, the m42 comes next.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Originally posted by FastE21
    i hate sports
    Even International Female Windsurfing?

• Daida Ruano Moreno (twin sister of Iballa Ruano Moreno)•

My Cars
    bimmuh
    uhh... nice board..

My Cars
    1982 320is
    Rephrased statement: I hate male sports

ill watch any female sports.. soccer chicks are a big turn on for me

My Cars
    2002 M3

If soccer players are a turn on, I can't imagine what female football players do for you....

My Cars
    1982 320is
    never watched female football so im not sure

My Cars
    325i M-Tech, 525i
    Originally posted by AzN_M5

If soccer players are a turn on, I can't imagine what female football players do for you....
    Burned.

My Cars
    '01 540i6MTDinan

Talking

Welcome PagalM3! Wait, I just registered on this site too, so send some welcomes down this way too . After getting convinced by PagalM3 at the Lord of The Rings Sat night fest, I decided to join this forum so that I can roll with the popular people in this area code.

My Brief Bimmer Stats: 01 540i 6MT Dinan Stage 1 without the S badge and front strut tower bar.

Hope to meet you guys one day soon.

GTMAN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast